Nicolaszz

URGENT: My visa expires on June 18 and my plans of travel are being foiled

40 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Timona said:

Then tell your brother to pick you up. He can rent a car if he doesn't have one. I'd do the same..

You must be a very intelligent 17 year old. You hold your conversation maturely and seem to know your way around. Kudos...When I was your age, I was in secondary school.  Knew nothing about immigration...

I looked really hard into immigration! Thanks :)

Unfortunately though, my brother doesn't have a drivers licence yet 😕 He's 21 but all he needs is in walking distance from his residence, so he hasn't found a need for a car yet

4 minutes ago, Timona said:

I'd think about it if it's the very last option. I'm a person who'll try and use those mileage on as many trips as I could and just not on one expensive trip of which there was an cheaper alternative....

Yeah, i'll be looking into it if it's inevitable.

Timeline

Saw something weird. The plane that leaves from London to Boston (the $1500 one)  is operated by British airways in a codeshare agreement with Iberia and American Airlines. However, on the American Airlines website, the price is listed for $1500

https://www.aa.com/booking/flights/choose-flights/flight1?bookingPathStateId=1589723757747-324

While on the Iberia Flight, the price is listed as $423 https://www.iberia.com/flights/?market=ES&language=en&appliesOMB=false&splitEndCity=false&initializedOMB=true&flexible=true&TRIP_TYPE=1&BEGIN_CITY_01=LHR&END_CITY_01=BOS&BEGIN_DAY_01=23&BEGIN_MONTH_01=202005&BEGIN_YEAR_01=2020&END_DAY_01=&END_MONTH_01=&END_YEAR_01=&FARE_TYPE=R&quadrigam=IBHMPA&ADT=1&CHD=0&INF=0&BNN=0&YTH=0&YCD=0&residentCode=&familianumerosa=&BV_UseBVCookie=no&boton=Search&bookingMarket=ES#!/availability 

Could it be a mistake or do airlines genuinely differ in prices on the same flight? Cause that's very weird.

Edited by Nicolaszz

It is weird and I wouldnt book that flight.

While your experience has full trains, I can tell you that unless its a subway type system, most people drive vs take the train in the USA.  The train is probably the cheaper albeit longer option. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nicolaszz said:

Saw something weird. The plane that leaves from London to Boston (the $1500 one)  is operated by British airways in a codeshare agreement with Iberia and American Airlines. However, on the American Airlines website, the price is listed for $1500

https://www.aa.com/booking/flights/choose-flights/flight1?bookingPathStateId=1589723757747-324

While on the Iberia Flight, the price is listed as $423 https://www.iberia.com/flights/?market=ES&language=en&appliesOMB=false&splitEndCity=false&initializedOMB=true&flexible=true&TRIP_TYPE=1&BEGIN_CITY_01=LHR&END_CITY_01=BOS&BEGIN_DAY_01=23&BEGIN_MONTH_01=202005&BEGIN_YEAR_01=2020&END_DAY_01=&END_MONTH_01=&END_YEAR_01=&FARE_TYPE=R&quadrigam=IBHMPA&ADT=1&CHD=0&INF=0&BNN=0&YTH=0&YCD=0&residentCode=&familianumerosa=&BV_UseBVCookie=no&boton=Search&bookingMarket=ES#!/availability 

Could it be a mistake or do airlines genuinely differ in prices on the same flight? Cause that's very weird.

It’s very possible that different airlines have different prices.  Heck, I’ll bet every seat on the flight was purchased for a different price.  That being said, check and make sure that flight is reliable.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
Just now, Dashinka said:

It’s very possible that different airlines have different prices.  Heck, I’ll bet every seat on the flight was purchased for a different price.  That being said, check and make sure that flight is reliable.

1 minute ago, NikLR said:

It is weird and I wouldnt book that flight.

While your experience has full trains, I can tell you that unless its a subway type system, most people drive vs take the train in the USA.  The train is probably the cheaper albeit longer option. 

I'll be calling them tomorrow to find out more. Anyway, the airport in Beirut is confirmed to be opening on June 8, so I guess that's good news!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
On 5/17/2020 at 5:20 AM, Nicolaszz said:

I'll need a transit visa to stay overnight.

This website over here however: https://sterling-law.co.uk/en/uk-visa-enter-transit-uk/ says that Lebanese nationals don't need a visa to transit Landside. How legitimate do you think this is? On the UK gov website it just lists people who need transit visas and Lebanon is one of them. The gov website doesn't differentiate between visas for landside and visas for airside.

Check with your Airline, I would be surprised if something was not needed

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/17/2020 at 6:14 PM, Quarknase said:

@Nicolaszz did you make it to the US on time?

Yes, I'm there right now. I didn't go through Europe BTW, I went through Qatar on a Qatar Airways flight.

Edited by Nicolaszz

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nicolaszz said:

Yes, I'm there right now. I didn't go through Europe BTW, I went through Qatar on a Qatar Airways flight.

That’s great to hear, welcome to the US!

I’m happy to see that your efforts paid off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.