Leruj

K1 to US approval with relatives

20 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Leruj said:

I'm sorry with what happened with you and your family in the past. I'm happy for you and thank you so much for sharing your experience.

I'll keep everything you told me in mind. I'll just hope for things to go as smoothly as possible.

My husband didn't meet my family until I had my greencard and it has no bearing against any of the immigration processes. (Although it might not be the same case if it is in US Embassy in India or Morocco where family is everything).

I just figured it's better not to jeopardize my relationship and move on in life. My husband understood the situation. I moved and settled in US. Then one day, I thought it's the right time to see them (family in PH). My husband and I paid them a visit. My husband got to travel to Philippines for the first time and get to meet them for the first time. 

Status,  money, accomplishments change perspectives in Philippines. It's all in the past now. 

So I think you don't need to worry if you don't have a good relationship with your family in Philippines.

Best of luck on your immigration journey!

Edited by SB5130

Pinoy Ako! ^_^

17 hours ago, Leruj said:

Hi! I'm new here and my current fiancee is living in California. We are currently planning for a best way to get me there to get our family complete, and right now we are discussing which is the best path to take. 

We know for a fact that USCIS conducts background checking and calls. I've left home because of a toxic family, and have been living independently for the past few years.

They don't know that I'm engaged and are planning to get married, sometime within the next 2 years (delayed due to CoviD).

I'm just worried, will our petition get compromised, or will it have any adverse effect if they call my parents? 

Any tips or advice will be gladly appreciated, thank you, and keep safe to all of you.

I believe I answered you on Reddit but I would like to say that you have nothing to worry about 

45 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I believe I answered you on Reddit but I would like to say that you have nothing to worry about

Another Redditor, cheers there mate, and thank you for the response. I just like to gather info because I'm not familiar with the process. 

Thank you so much!

6 hours ago, SB5130 said:

My husband didn't meet my family until I had my greencard and it has no bearing against any of the immigration processes. (Although it might not be the same case if it is in US Embassy in India or Morocco where family is everything).

I just figured it's better not to jeopardize my relationship and move on in life. My husband understood the situation. I moved and settled in US. Then one day, I thought it's the right time to see them (family in PH). My husband and I paid them a visit. My husband got to travel to Philippines for the first time and get to meet them for the first time. 

Status,  money, accomplishments change perspectives in Philippines. It's all in the past now. 

So I think you don't need to worry if you don't have a good relationship with your family in Philippines.

Best of luck on your immigration journey!

Thanks for the insight. 

I don't want to risk anything as well with this matter. I have missed too much time with my fiancee (she's a year old when she was left here in the PH, not knowing she was a US citizen. Immigration found out, PH got her deported back and she's now blacklisted here so she can't come here, unless she pays the fine of $6k from when she was still a baby) We met when we were at 2nd year HS, lost contact for 13 years (this was the time she got deported) and we found each other again.

I want to make our family whole, and far from the usual family here in the PH where people poison relationships through gossip, and where you need to pay back "everything you owe".

Thank you so much for the support. Hopefully everything goes well, so we can push through our goals. Stay safe out there! 

Edited by Leruj

23 minutes ago, Leruj said:

Another Redditor, cheers there mate, and thank you for the response. I just like to gather info because I'm not familiar with the process. 

Thank you so much!

Not a problem at all. You see alot of crossovers but mainly people that don't know about visajourney before they posted there. 

Also as you can see my asawa is Filipina as well from Davao. So I am one of the guys in the Philippines subforum that is pretty knowledgeable about USEM but I ol' man @Hank_ is the real OG

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.