EnglishLove

How long does it take them to schedule AOS interview?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The status on our AOS case changed a week ago to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview". I still have not received anything in the mail, and was wondering how long did people have to wait until they mailed them their interview date and time. I know I should be bringing my packet that I sent in, in the case that the officer's can't find something. I need to bring proof of relationship such as joint bank account and pictures. Is there anything else I need or should bring? I would love to hear of other's interviews and how they went and were asked recently. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The Boise field office is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. On the USCIS main website it says that all in-person interviews have been suspended until June 4th. You can check here for more infomation:  https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings  and here, for your specific office: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices/idaho-boise-field-office

There have been cases, recently, for which approvals were issued without interviews. I don't know how often this is happening, but maybe you'll be lucky. Please, keep up posted and Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Pooley said:

The status on our AOS case changed a week ago to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview". I still have not received anything in the mail, and was wondering how long did people have to wait until they mailed them their interview date and time. I know I should be bringing my packet that I sent in, in the case that the officer's can't find something. I need to bring proof of relationship such as joint bank account and pictures. Is there anything else I need or should bring? I would love to hear of other's interviews and how they went and were asked recently. Thank you!

It can take from 1 day to years. It all depends on your local office. Everything you need to bring will be on the letter you will receive when the interview is actually scheduled.

Right now, everything is closed due to COVID-19. Don't expect anything before June 4th, when they will reopen.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

The Boise field office is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. On the USCIS main website it says that all in-person interviews have been suspended until June 4th. You can check here for more infomation:  https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings  and here, for your specific office: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices/idaho-boise-field-office

There have been cases, recently, for which approvals were issued without interviews. I don't know how often this is happening, but maybe you'll be lucky. Please, keep up posted and Good Luck!

So am I suppose to schedule the time and date? I thought they just sent you a letter telling you when you're suppose to be there as the app says they will schedule the interview and send us a notice.

2 minutes ago, Pooley said:

So am I suppose to schedule the time and date? I thought they just sent you a letter telling you when you're suppose to be there as the app says they will schedule the interview and send us a notice.

No. Correct - they send you a letter with the appointment date & time.

If the interview is waived, they will send an approval/denial notice instead.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We're on day 19 of our case status changing to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview". I was looking on the Boise offices for closures and it says this..

Schedule an Appointment

In order to visit this office or to speak with an immigration services officer, you must have an appointment scheduled by USCIS, or you must schedule an appointment.

Can we just schedule our appointment ourselves instead of waiting for USCIS to schedule it?

14 minutes ago, Pooley said:

We're on day 19 of our case status changing to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview". I was looking on the Boise offices for closures and it says this..

Schedule an Appointment

In order to visit this office or to speak with an immigration services officer, you must have an appointment scheduled by USCIS, or you must schedule an appointment.

Can we just schedule our appointment ourselves instead of waiting for USCIS to schedule it?

No.

1) That's not for scheduling an AOS interview. It's for things like getting an I-551/ADIT stamp (for existing LPRs).

2) Only emergency appointments are being taken due to COVID-19.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/6/2020 at 10:38 AM, Pooley said:

You need to wait until the status changes to “The interview was scheduled” and then USCIS will send you a letter with date and time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.