Nadiab

Aos for my parents! Help!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Hello everyone! Im in desperate need of help. I became a us citizen in december and i had a baby back in october. Both of my parents are here now on a tourist visa, due to the covd19 my home country closed the airport and they cant travel back. So we (my parents and me) that we are just going to the petition for them to stay here with me. My mom is helping me with my son so i can go to work. But my dad have parkinson and he have no one to take care of him back home. We were going to do this different, once they are back home, but now everything changed.. i have a couple of questions..

1. I would need an sponsor because i did not make enough money last year due to me being pregnant and getting off of work in september, what form do i need for my sponsor? Can it be someone from another state? My cousin lives in CA 

2. They are divorced, do i need their dicorce papers? 

3. Can i do all the forms i did when i apply for aos

thank you for your help, 

Nadia

Adjusting from B-2

08/21/2013 - I 130, I 485, I 864, I 765 and I 131 Package Mailed
08/23/2013 - Package delivered
08/27/2013 - Email/text NOA received
08/31/2013 - NOA hard copy received
09/10/2013 - BIometric appointment letter received

09/23/2013 - Biometric apointment Dover, DE office

10/19/2013 - I-485 updated to Testing and Interview

10/23/2013 - Email/text NOA 2 received interview scheduled for 11/26/13

10/24/2013 - AP & EAD APPROVED!!!!

10/26/2013 - NOA2 hard copy received
11/26/2013 - interviewed USCIS Philly - APPROVED

10/27/2013 - Email/text received Case status updated: Card in production!!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Current income is what counts. Presumably you can afford this? Parkinson's suggest they are older and will not be working? We are talking a MAJOR financial commitment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Current income is what counts. Presumably you can afford this? Parkinson's suggest they are older and will not be working? We are talking a MAJOR financial commitment.

Yes. I understand that! Its a major commitment no matter what, thats why my cousin will be my co sponsor. My dad is 63, not that old. He can still work, he have it under control with his medications. But is a degenerative disease, so i know it will get worse

Adjusting from B-2

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Probably looking at $25,000 a year for health costs, as long as you can budget for it, what does your Mother do, not sure how realistic it would be for your Father to get a good job.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

For a household of 4 (you, the baby, and your two parents), the requirement is $32,750 per year. If you are making less than that I would seriously reconsider how you are going to pay for healthcare, especially with your father’s condition. Getting approved by USCIS is one thing, actually living on such meager funds is something else. 

Yes, you can use a sponsor who lives in another state. 

You also need their divorce papers. 

Have you contacted the embassy of their country of residence to enquire about repatriation? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
1 minute ago, JFH said:

For a household of 4 (you, the baby, and your two parents), the requirement is $32,750 per year. If you are making less than that I would seriously reconsider how you are going to pay for healthcare, especially with your father’s condition. Getting approved by USCIS is one thing, actually living on such meager funds is something else. 

Yes, you can use a sponsor who lives in another state. 

You also need their divorce papers. 

Have you contacted the embassy of their country of residence to enquire about repatriation? 

Thank you! As of now, we are keeping our options open, i just wanted to know some things about the aos. After i have everything i need we will see what we are going to do.. its hard as a daughter having your sick dad away and alone. So if i have to work 3 jobs, iwill. I will do whatever it takes

Adjusting from B-2

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Nadiab said:

Thank you! As of now, we are keeping our options open, i just wanted to know some things about the aos. After i have everything i need we will see what we are going to do.. its hard as a daughter having your sick dad away and alone. So if i have to work 3 jobs, iwill. I will do whatever it takes

There are guides here on VJ which will help explain the procedures........but you are facing the prospect of them being considered as future public charges.  The I-944 will apply here.....good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

There are guides here on VJ which will help explain the procedures........but you are facing the prospect of them being considered as future public charges.  The I-944 will apply here.....good luck.

Thank you! Where can i find the guides? 

Adjusting from B-2

event.png

event.png

12 hours ago, Nadiab said:

Can i do all the forms i did when i apply for aos?

Now there is an additional form that the immigrants have to fill out: I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency: https://www.uscis.gov/i-944

For the other forms use the most updated versions. Note that the G-325A, Biographic Information, is no longer used.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The biggest question that you need to answer is how you will pay for healthcare for not only your father, who has a major health condition, but also for your aging mother. Neither of them will ever be eligible for Medicare so their health insurance and all medical costs will need to be paid out of pocket. Working 3 jobs won't even pay for the medication required for Parkinson's. You will need to prove that your parents will never become a public charge, can you prove that? Just because your cousin volunteered to be a joint sponsor, does not equal being able to afford healthcare for your parents for the rest of their lives.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.