Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Just now, STurcotte77 said:

You don't actually need the pin for anything... if you just go to this link and click the "View my requests" it will show your submitted/pending requests. 

https://first.uscis.gov/#/

Okay thanks. Hopefully the FOIA would trigger USCIS to schedule our interview asap. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rn400 said:

Hi folks. I  am still in stage 3. No interview I filed FOIA on 12/10 for complete A-file. Estimated completion date 2/3

Mine is similar. I filed on the 12th.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, April202Filer said:

I  am still in stage 2.  I filed FOIA on 12/14 for complete A-file. Estimated completion date 2/7

Same here. Filed 12/13 and currently in stage 2, place in queue about 8000 out of 16160.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all, 

May 2020 filer here, NYC local field office. I have made 2 service requests for out of processing times and both times no real response. I’m about to do a 3rd. The office of the Ombudsman was a big disappointment. Essentially she told me that I had to wait, there was nothing I could do and I shouldn’t worry about it because my green card doesn’t expire for another 2 years. So if I need, I can apply for an extension to the GC if I need before the N400 is processed. And went on to hang up the phone in my face when I tried to ask more questions. I filed a FOIA request a few days ago. 

My question is, I moved to NJ about 3 months ago. I didn’t change the address at USCUS because I keep both residences since my son still lives in the NYC address, both are still under my name and I still go back and forth. Would changing my address to NJ transfer the case to NJ and subsequently make them actually dig up the file that is pending for so long? Or is it just a change of address for a potential closer location? Or should I just leave it since I’ve been waiting for so long.. I don’t know, I guess I want to try anything I can to make them actually work on it. It’s been long enough. 
Any light on the subject will be helpful. Txs 

I moved 4 months back and changed my address in AR-11 and USCIS profile.  It did not trigger anything for me. I am still waiting for an interview. They gave me some reference numbers for file transfer to the new field office. My address and all are updated in the profile. I don't believe it's going to trigger anything positive. Don't know the delay it can cause. I am thinking If you are changing the driver's license then  I believe you have to change the address in USCIS else not required. I guess for the interview you need to show DL. My 2 cents.

You have to change your address cause it's required. There can only be 1 place of PRIMARY residence.

The reason for this requirement is that only the local office of your primary residence has jurisdiction over your file/application. So if you're approved by some office that doesn't have jurisdiction on your application, that approval or your citizenship will be deemed invalid (IF FOUND OUT). This is also called misrepresentation.

Timeline

You guys are not gonna believe this. After 603 days my interview is finally scheduled. It HAS to be the FOIA. I just made a decision not to worry about it anymore today...and a couple minutes ago I received the notice on my phone via the USCIS app. Don't give up hope. The FOIA is working!!!! Fingers crossed for everybody! 

Timeline
On 12/10/2021 at 6:47 AM, Sam713 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a May 2020 filer from Houston, TX here and I just finally got my interview scheduled. I'll share what I did and what I think helped move my file so that other can benefit as well.

I filed in May 2020 during the lockdown which is the case for all of you here. When you file for N400, USCIS requests your A-file from NRC/FRC without which they can't move forward with your application. During the lockdown, both USCIS and FRC were closed so, either USCIS never requested your file or it was requested but the request was never processed by FRC. When they all re-opened, the file request just went in limbo. Everyone who filed in June 2020 and after had their applications processed normally since A-files were requested and delivered with no issues.

I have contacted USCIS several times, filed outside of normal processing request, filed ombudsman request, contacted congressman, etc. none of which worked. The answer was that my application was stuck at NBC since they haven't received my file from NRC.

A month ago I filed a FOIA request requesting my A-file (the entire file) which was received by NRC about a week or two ago. Two days ago, I got my interview scheduled. This is what did it form me. I learned about this from another April 2020 applicant who did the same thing and eventually got his interview scheduled.

If you are one of those Mar-May 2020 filers who are stuck, go and file a FOIA request. Make sure you request your A-file. Basically you have to do the work that is supposed to be done by USCIS but you have to it to get your file moving.

Good luck everyone!

Could you please let us know when your interview goes through? Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.