Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Nothing for me yet :( I requested a tier 2 officer to call me and they emailed instead with same useless standard info...my application is pending. Yeah, I figured that much! I just feel so helpless. Sorry for the rant :( 

Edited by keyuree1

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
41 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

Nothing for me yet :( I requested a tier 2 officer to call me and they emailed instead with same useless standard info...my application is pending. Yeah, I figured that much! I just feel so helpless. Sorry for the rant :( 

Hang in there .. hopefully you have submitted the FOIA request as well and it triggers some movement.

17 hours ago, roddie2k said:

Happy to inform that my spouse has received an interview request for FO Newark,NJ for Feb 7th . I am still waiting to hear on mine.

It may be noted that we both did the FOIA request on the same day , however her case moved a few days earlier to Step 3  than mine did. 

Congrats to your wife!! Just a question - what year did your immigration original journey start? I am just wandering if your A files are paper or electronic.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys- I received an interview scheduled notice today. Applied for FOIA on Dec 12th, went to step 3 on 12/23. But the estimated completion date is showing 13 months now, is that normal? Applied at the DALLAS Service center. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Congrats to your wife!! Just a question - what year did your immigration original journey start? I am just wandering if your A files are paper or electronic.

Ours started in late 2015 - so likely electronic. 

14 minutes ago, ironfist81 said:

Hi Guys- I received an interview scheduled notice today. Applied for FOIA on Dec 12th, went to step 3 on 12/23. But the estimated completion date is showing 13 months now, is that normal? Applied at the DALLAS Service center. 

Appears normal - it changed from 5 months to 16 months for my wife as well when the interview was scheduled.

Timeline
Just now, ironfist81 said:

Does it actually take that long though?

Thanks.

Not from what we 've seen so far - for instance many people report here that their timelines changed to x months after their naturalization process is completed - I would not pay attention to that number.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

Hmmm! 

I haven't thought about that, if it makes a difference if the original file was paper or online.  My original filing was paper back in 2007.. 😞

3 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

Hmmm! 

I haven't thought about that, if it makes a difference if the original file was paper or online.  My original filing was paper back in 2007.. 😞

There is no official document proving this, but based on a lot of cases and discussions the paper cases are processed so much slower as the archives are still working very slow.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Did anyone receive a letter with such wording when you made your FOIA request?

Your request is being handled under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. § 552). It has been assigned the following control number: . Please cite this number in all future correspondence about your request. We respond to requests on a first-in, first-out basis and on a multi-track system. Your request has been placed in the complex track (Track 2). You may wish to narrow your request to a specific document in order to be eligible for the faster track. To do so, please send a written request, identifying the specific document sought, to the address above. We will notify you if your request is placed in the simple track.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ramwho said:

Your request is being handled under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. § 552). It has been assigned the following control number: . Please cite this number in all future correspondence about your request. We respond to requests on a first-in, first-out basis and on a multi-track system. Your request has been placed in the complex track (Track 2). You may wish to narrow your request to a specific document in order to be eligible for the faster track. To do so, please send a written request, identifying the specific document sought, to the address above. We will notify you if your request is placed in the simple track.

Yes!  Except mine was "simple track (Track 1). Here is an explanation of the Track System;

"If you have requested an entire copy of your file, your request has been placed in Track 2, or the complex track. You may narrow the scope of your request from a copy of the entire record to a copy of specific documents. This will move your request to Track 1. Track 1 cases are typically processed in a shorter amount of time than track 2 cases because fewer documents are being reviewed for release."

Edited by STurcotte77

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, ramwho said:

Yes, I got the same letter after I filed and mine was placed in the complex track too, but it still moved quickly to step 3. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AH2020 said:

Yes, I got the same letter after I filed and mine was placed in the complex track too, but it still moved quickly to step 3. 

I filed on 12/13 and still stuck on step 2. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.