Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, MKT3121 said:

Congrats on the completion of your naturalization.

Would you be able to share the letter you sent to your congressman? It would be nice to have a template since there are so many of us on the same boat. At this point I’m willing to try anything to trigger any action on my application.

Thank you!

Thanks. When I contacted my congressman, I initially had to do so via their website, which captured a lot of information, and then just printed it out on paper that I mailed to their office. I did however include a covering letter which included much of the information again and spelled out what I wanted to happen. Here's what the body of that letter looked like - obviously you'd alter the details, which I've enclosed in < >. Only send the information you are comfortable with - for example I sent my SSN as the website required it - you may chose to not do so. I am not a lawyer! 🙂

Name: <your FULL name here>
Date: <contact date you sent this letter>
Agency involved: USCIS
Numbers Identifying Case (VA claim, Alien number, tax ID, etc.): <your receipt number>
Branch of Service (If Applicable): <N/A, unless applicable>
Military Rank (If Applicable): <N/A, unless applicable>
Date of Birth: <Your DOB>
Social Security #: <Your SSN>
Street Address: <Your Address>
City, State, Zip Code: <Your City/State/zip code>
Telephone #: <Your contact number>
Email Address: <Your contact email address>
I, <YOUR NAME>, authorize the USCIS to release personal information to Congressman <Insert representative name> United States Representative. I authorize Congressman <Insert representative name> to request and have access to all records and reports pertinent to my request for his assistance in the following matter:
Nature of Problem:
Dear Congressman <Insert representative name>
As one of your constituents, I would be grateful for your help regarding service from a Federal Agency.
<Include brief precis of case status, timeline,actions and outcomes>

I have personally contacted USCIS multiple times to enquire further, and each time I have been unable to get USCIS to advance my case or gain relevant information. I feel I have exhausted all avenues for getting an answer from USCIS directly.  
I would be most appreciative if you or your office could make appropriate enquiries with USCIS to find out why they have failed to process my case in a timely fashion, what the current hold up actually is, and what USCIS or any other agency need to do in order to get my application back on track.

>
My application details are as follows:
FILING TYPE : N-400 "Application for Naturalization"
RECEIPT DATE : <receipt date>
RECEIPT NUMBER : <your receipt number>
APPLICANT FULL NAME : <YOUR FULL NAME>
APPLICANT DOB : <Your DOB>
APPLICANT A NUMBER : <Your A number>
Please accept my gratitude in advance for your assistance in this matter. If you or your office have any questions or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours Sincerely

(end of letter)

Your mileage may, and almost certainly will, vary. But I hope this is useful. As I mentioned earlier, I have no way of knowing if this helped, as USCIS did not reply to my congressmans office.

Cheers

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 minute ago, whatsawotsit said:

Thanks. When I contacted my congressman, I initially had to do so via their website, which captured a lot of information, and then just printed it out on paper that I mailed to their office. I did however include a covering letter which included much of the information again and spelled out what I wanted to happen. Here's what the body of that letter looked like - obviously you'd alter the details, which I've enclosed in < >. Only send the information you are comfortable with - for example I sent my SSN as the website required it - you may chose to not do so. I am not a lawyer! 🙂

Numbers Identifying Case (VA claim, Alien number, tax ID, etc.): <your receipt number>
I, <YOUR NAME>, authorize the USCIS to release personal information to Congressman <Insert representative name> United States Representative. I authorize Congressman <Insert representative name> to request and have access to all records and reports pertinent to my request for his assistance in the following matter:
Nature of Problem:
As one of your constituents, I would be grateful for your help regarding service from a Federal Agency.

I have personally contacted USCIS multiple times to enquire further, and each time I have been unable to get USCIS to advance my case or gain relevant information. I feel I have exhausted all avenues for getting an answer from USCIS directly.  
I would be most appreciative if you or your office could make appropriate enquiries with USCIS to find out why they have failed to process my case in a timely fashion, what the current hold up actually is, and what USCIS or any other agency need to do in order to get my application back on track.

>
Please accept my gratitude in advance for your assistance in this matter. If you or your office have any questions or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours Sincerely

(end of letter)

Your mileage may, and almost certainly will, vary. But I hope this is useful. As I mentioned earlier, I have no way of knowing if this helped, as USCIS did not reply to my congressmans office.

Cheers

Thank you so much for taking your time and sharing it. And congrats! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Finally some good news. I logged into my account this morning and got my interview notice. I am scheduled for Feb 9, at 8:00am. I cannot believe it. Fingers crossed they will not cancel it again like they did some other people. I have no idea if the FOIA triggered it but I am just happy. I hope you all will get your soon!!

29 minutes ago, whatsawotsit said:

Nature of Problem:

>
Yours Sincerely

(end of letter)

Cheers

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, AH2020 said:

Finally some good news. I logged into my account this morning and got my interview notice. I am scheduled for Feb 9, at 8:00am. I cannot believe it. Fingers crossed they will not cancel it again like they did some other people. I have no idea if the FOIA triggered it but I am just happy. I hope you all will get your soon!!

Congrats!! 

49 minutes ago, AH2020 said:

Congrats! When did you file foia and where are you located?

51 minutes ago, AH2020 said:

Also did you request your entire A file or sections of it?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, AH2020 said:

That's great news! I filed my FOIA a couple days after you. I'm just glad it worked for somebody!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, bubblecity said:

Congrats! When did you file foia and where are you located?

35 minutes ago, bubblecity said:

Also did you request your entire A file or sections of it?

I filed the FOIA on Dec 10 and it just moved into step 3 on Jan 3. I am in San Diego. And yes, I requested the whole A-file. Honestly, I have no idea if the FOIA triggered anything or if its just a coincidence, but its worth a shot for sure. 

18 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

That's great news! I filed my FOIA a couple days after you. I'm just glad it worked for somebody!

Hoping you get your interview soon!!

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
1 hour ago, AH2020 said:

I suspect the FOIA did it..i assume your estimated completion date for the  request is a week behind your interview schedule. Congratulations !!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, roddie2k said:

I suspect the FOIA did it..i assume your estimated completion date for the  request is a week behind your interview schedule. Congratulations !!!

Thanks so much, I really can't believe it after waiting for so long. The estimated completion for my FOIA request is 02/02 and the interview is 02/09. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It seems like things have started to move now. I just logged in to my USCIS account and saw that my interview has been scheduled! After 20 long months of wait. I am not sure what worked here. I had filed FOIA on December 12th. It moved to step 3 about 12-15 days back and today I got the interview notice. But I should also add that I had reached out to the senators, congressman and the ombudsman in November, and just yesterday I got a reply from Ombudsman saying that they reached out to the USCIS on my behalf. 

So I am not sure which was it, but my bet is on the FOIA to get the ball rolling! Hang tight guys and file the FOIA if you haven't already. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.