Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Interview done on April 15!

I answered 6 questions that is from the civic test. Then, I have to update my employment changes since I applied last year. The officer also went through almost each detail in form to make sure it is still up to date.

Then, I have to write "We have 100 senators" on tablet to proof my literacy. In my case, the officer asked me for proof that I am still with my spouse. So, I presented her the property title, joined tax filling, and property insurance.

My interview is at 1:15pm but I was in the waiting room for almost 1.5 hours until my queue number is called. I was out the building at 3pm. Thankfully in Atlanta USCIS office they still allow us to check our phone. It is still faster than DMV but slower than McDonald's. Worth the wait. :)

I am now waiting for the oath ceremony. Wish all the best to all of us!

Edited by BerakDicelana
more details about interview

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
9 hours ago, BerakDicelana said:

Interview done on April 15!

I answered 6 questions that is from the civic test. Then, I have to update my employment changes since I applied last year. The officer also went through almost each detail in form to make sure it is still up to date.

Then, I have to write "We have 100 senators" on tablet to proof my literacy. In my case, the officer asked me for proof that I am still with my spouse. So, I presented her the property title, joined tax filling, and property insurance.

My interview is at 1:15pm but I was in the waiting room for almost 1.5 hours until my queue number is called. I was out the building at 3pm. Thankfully in Atlanta USCIS office they still allow us to check our phone. It is still faster than DMV but slower than McDonald's. Worth the wait. :)

I am now waiting for the oath ceremony. Wish all the best to all of us!

Congratulations..were you filing under the 3 year rule or 5 year rule?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

After about a week of waiting for any news post interview and citizenship exam, the status updated to Ceremony Will Be Scheduled, or something similar. A day later, on the new website, the oath ceremony letter appeared and the status updated to Oath Ceremony Has Been Scheduled. Today, FINALLY, the I751 status changed to approved. So, May 10th is her Oath Ceremony, and that is the day her visa journey will be over. It's a pleasure reading this forum and posting here; the community helped keep me out of the dark during this wild ride.

Harold

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Filed: Timeline

So, the system changed again. Now it is not showing anything about biometrics. It has been like that for a week. I cannot get intouch with anyone in USCIS. 

We applied in may 2020, in december 2020 we moved to a new home and immediately applied for a adress update. 

could this effected it? In the terminal, it is still showing our old address, but we did receive a email showing our new address was updated. 

I see people are recieving biometrics but still didnt recieve anything yet.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:21 PM, BerakDicelana said:

I got official email from USCIS.

Later that day, they sent an email again from Atlanta Field Office that my appointment rescheduled to April 16. Then, the next day the formal USCIS email confirmed it.

So I got a call from the local office saying they need to reschedule, nothing official from uscis or on the web...should I be worried? I'm thinking to go anyway and cross check?! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, 684117 said:

So I got a call from the local office saying they need to reschedule, nothing official from uscis or on the web...should I be worried? I'm thinking to go anyway and cross check?! 

I would say don't worry about it. The email that I got is also non-automated one (like someone type it and copy-paste to bunch of people) and not coming from 'noReply' address.

So, it is more informal notice, but couple days later, I got notification on USCIS website says the similar things.

I guess they called you just in case you have to arrange travel and they don't want you to waste some time.

If you have nothing to do, then go ahead and go anyway and cross check. In my case, I have to ask for permission for half day off to my boss + drive for an hour. :) 

5 hours ago, PurplePassion said:

So, the system changed again. Now it is not showing anything about biometrics. It has been like that for a week. I cannot get intouch with anyone in USCIS. 

We applied in may 2020, in december 2020 we moved to a new home and immediately applied for a adress update. 

could this effected it? In the terminal, it is still showing our old address, but we did receive a email showing our new address was updated. 

I see people are recieving biometrics but still didnt recieve anything yet.

I have also applied in May and nothing yet. What is your office? I am in fairfax VA

Had my interview at the San Jose office today, it went well.

Applied May 2nd, 2020

biometrics reuse notice Feb 19th 2021

Interview scheduled March 15th 

Interviewed April 19th

Oath ceremony is still to be scheduled, most likely for next month. They only do the oath ceremony at the San Jose office once a month outside. 

Almost done and good luck to everyone else! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 4/19/2021 at 1:49 PM, 684117 said:

If they rescheduled it, it is good they called you ad let you know. In My case they scheduled my interview and they canceled it in my face when I was ready to be interviewed at the USCIS office. I had to wait almost 3 months for them to re send the letter. Luckily my interview was rescheduled for April 26th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.