Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, forjuly said:

For immigration hubs like NY, SF, LA, etc. I guess this is expected. I applied on May 2nd from the SF office too and same, just waiting. It still says my expected completion date is Feb 2021, but that seems unlikely

I applied on April 16th 2020 , I received my biometrics (only after sending the message to officer through the account) on Nov 5th with biometrics date of dec 3rd (which is tomorrow,8:00 am).

24 minutes ago, kranthi143 said:

I applied on April 16th 2020 , I received my biometrics (only after sending the message to officer through the account) on Nov 5th with biometrics date of dec 3rd (which is tomorrow,8:00 am).

Excellent! How does one reach out to an officer? I tried looking but couldn't find anything

Edited by forjuly

7 hours ago, forjuly said:

For immigration hubs like NY, SF, LA, etc. I guess this is expected. I applied on May 2nd from the SF office too and same, just waiting. It still says my expected completion date is Feb 2021, but that seems unlikely

While larger offices do take longer, the biometrics frustration is no less in medium sized cities. I can’t for the life of me understand why others who applied right around my time or even after from same ASC have already voted (yes bios, interviews/oath, voter registration, voted) and others can’t even get a bio re use or appointment out of the same office. It’s very frustrating. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
8 hours ago, forjuly said:

We know cases here that they applied in April or May and they already had iterview and oath the same day. They are done ! so fingers crossed. I am in the same boat waiting for interview appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Puppy Popcorn said:

I have a question about the Civics test if anyone knows..

Many questions has multiple answers. But only some questions says "mention one thing" or "mention two things" (from the list of answers).

So, if the questions doesn't specify how many I need to answer, does that mean I need to mention ALL of them?

---

I found another document saying "Pass: Provides an alternative phrasing of the correct answer". Which leads me to believe I only have to mention one 🤔

But I still want to be sure. Anyone knows?

You only need one answer unless the question asks for more than one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Not sure but many must have noticed this note on each account. so god news is none of us have to do the new 2020 test where you needs to answer 12/20 correct.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 10.10.07 AM.png

My husband's interview was today and he was recommended for approval. Online status says "Oath ceremony will be scheduled". Our estimated case completion date was December 2020......and it is almost complete within that timeframe.

Good luck to all.......wishing speedy process for all. 

04/28/2016 - Packet reached USCIS (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765)

05/05/2016 - Checks cashed

05/06/2016 - USCIS Email/Text acceptance confirmation

05/09/2016 - NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2016 - Biometrics letter arrived in mail

05/27/2016 - Biometrics scheduled

07/20/2016 - Submitted Service Request for (I-765); Sent letter to congressman
07/21/2016 - EAD card is being produced
07/21/2016 - AP document is being produced
07/23/2016 - AP documnt received
07/27/2016 - EAD card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, vbms said:

My husband's interview was today and he was recommended for approval. Online status says "Oath ceremony will be scheduled". Our estimated case completion date was December 2020......and it is almost complete within that timeframe.

So nice to hear good news! Congratulations. 👏🏾

K-1 Visa Journey

December 8, 2009 - Met in Monterrey, Mexico
December 28, 2010 - Officially started dating!
July 2,2011 - He proposed in Downtown Monterrey, Mexico, I accepted
September 16, 2011 - Mailed I-129F Application
September 19, 2011 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockbox
September 22, 2011 - NOA1
September 24, 2011 - Check cashed!
September 26, 2011 - NOA1 hard copy arrived in the mail
January 3, 2012 - NOA2 email and text message!
January 6, 2012 - NOA2 Hardcopy arrived in the mail.
February 16, 2012 - Packet 3 (invitation letter) arrives in the mail.
March 12, 2012 - ASC Appointment
March 15, 2012 - Interview at Consulate in CDJ.
March 15, 2012 - Approved!
April 18, 2012 - POE - Houston, Texas
June 9, 2012 - Married!

Adjustment of Status Journey
July 26, 2012 - Mailed AOS Application
August 1, 2012 - NOA1
August 2, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter
August 16, 2012 - Received Hard Copy of NOA1
August 23, 2012 - Biometrics
September 25, 2012 - Approved I131
September 25, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card sent to production
October 3, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

April 29, 2013 - AOS Approved Without Interview!

May 6, 2013 - Card arrived in the mail

ROC Journey

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
21 minutes ago, vbms said:

Congratulations !

Timeline

19 hours ago, vbms said:

Congratulations! Did your status change on your my account when interview was scheduled or was the letter for interview updated on the Documents tab.

Timeline

Hey guys, just got an update on my USCIS account saying my Interview has been scheduled. will wait for the letter in mail to see the exact date.

As of now letter is still not attached, hoping it will be there next week.

Good luck to all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.