Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, CLT_CZ2020 said:

Trying to stay positive but have seen multiple examples on here (different months), reditt and facebook group of people who applied weeks after I did, even August in one case, who are getting biometrics reuse and interviews. What am I missing here? Shouldn’t these be scheduled in order of receipt???

I am with you!  I haven't had a single movement on my case since I received the receipt.  Like everything right now, I am not sure there is much rhyme or reason to anything thats going on. Just have to be patient and wait some more I guess. 🙂

33 minutes ago, CLT_CZ2020 said:

Trying to stay positive but have seen multiple examples on here (different months), reditt and facebook group of people who applied weeks after I did, even August in one case, who are getting biometrics reuse and interviews. What am I missing here? Shouldn’t these be scheduled in order of receipt???

I imagine it depends heavily on your local field office. For example for SF, CA the processing time estimate is 12.5 Months to 19.5 months.

I applied May 2nd, estimate is still Feb 2021 but no movement, I won't be surprised if it is longer.

For example, someone here mentioned that they are scheduled for mid-November, roughly 6-6.5 months after applying.Processing times for Tucson, AZ are 7-11 months

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by forjuly

6 minutes ago, forjuly said:

I imagine it depends heavily on your local field office. For example for SF, CA the processing time estimate is 12.5 Months to 19.5 months.

I applied May 2nd, estimate is still Feb 2021 but no movement, I won't be surprised if it is longer

I am actually talking about my local office

16 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

I am with you!  I haven't had a single movement on my case since I received the receipt.  Like everything right now, I am not sure there is much rhyme or reason to anything thats going on. Just have to be patient and wait some more I guess. 🙂

With each day that passes we are one day closer I guess? 🙂🙏🏽

35 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

Same...no movement since the receipt 

Our Journey for way past forever!

Engaged in Panajachel, Sololà, Guatemala 12-26-2015

K1 Mailed 1-17-2016

USCIS received - 1-19-2016

NOA1 - 1-21-2016

K1 approved 3-4-2016

NOA2 - received 3-11-2016

NCV - Received 3-28-2016

Case ID/Shipped to Consultate - 3-29-2016

Consulate Received - 3-31-2016

PACKET "3" - 4-5-2016

Medical - 4-19-2016 - Done!

INTERVIEW - 4-29-2016 - Approved!

VISA received 5-11-2016

US arrival!! 5-12-2016

Married 6-18-2016

AOS DELIVERED 7/11/2016

E-NOA1- 7-13-2016

Paper NOAs - 7-18-2016

Biometrics letter received 7-22-2016

Biometrics appt - 8-5-2016 in Oklahoma City

EAD/AP approved - 9-12-16

EAD/AP received 9-21-16

Green Card being produced - 10-18-2016. NO interview

Greencard mailed 10/20/2016

Greencard received!! 10/22/2016

I-751 Submitted 07/30/2018

NOA1 Received 08/27/2018

N400 - filed 5/22/2020

interview 3/0/2021- approved!!

6 hours ago, CLT_CZ2020 said:

True, but also people who filed in March and have not received biometric appointment yet. It all depends on number of applicants and backlog in your local office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have seen people in this group that applied in May and they already got their interview and oath ceremony. So, it al depends of how busy your local office is. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just a feedback on estimated times for those that are still in the waiting game.  

When I applied in May, my estimated completion was September.  
Then, in July when the offices were reopening from COVID, my estimated completion got updated to January.  
In August, my interview got scheduled and the estimated completion changed to December.  
I had my interview end of September and my oath ceremony is scheduled for tomorrow.  
my USCIS estimated completion still shows December as of now.  

This is for Cleveland Ohio office. The generic estimated USCIS processing time is much longer than that.  

4BEE5169-94FD-4818-BD15-6E959D15ADE7.png

Edited by lntdenver

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

100% in the same boat. Since May 8th there is no movement beyond the NOA. :S

Will be patient as everyone. looks like around 10% of all folks have gotten response, interview and approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all, 

Just over here hanging out with silence on my N-400. Sent in my paper copy back at the beginning of May. I'm in CA, mailed it to AZ like I was supposed to. How are y'all seeing case updates and such? I have a MyUSCIS login, and all I see is that the estimated completion date is January 2021... But I haven't heard a peep, so I can't imagine that to be true. 

Hope everyone is well! 

6 hours ago, CanToCal said:

Hey all, 

Just over here hanging out with silence on my N-400. Sent in my paper copy back at the beginning of May. I'm in CA, mailed it to AZ like I was supposed to. How are y'all seeing case updates and such? I have a MyUSCIS login, and all I see is that the estimated completion date is January 2021... But I haven't heard a peep, so I can't imagine that to be true. 

Hope everyone is well! 

I’m in NC, also a swing state 😜, and have not seen movement since filing...disappointing because if I go to the other months like June filers as well as Reditt and FB some people who filed after me from same local office have already taken oath and are probably voting right now

Edited by CLT_CZ2020

I'm a mid March filer and like many in my group, I am in the same boat-no movement whatsoever..

The biometrics unfortunately-esp those without re-use eligibility (aka: anyone who is employment based) is a big hurdle. The bio is where people get stuck and in limbo for a good year. This is due to the fact that most ASCs were shut till end of July, even if USCIS field offices opened and they have been utterly inept in rescheduling people. I've only read a handful of cases of people getting bio appointments if they didn't already have one by the time covid hit.. 

Those are flukes and usually at really low volume offices. I thought mine was a low volume office, in KCMO,  but it's now been 81 days since ASC reopening and nothing. I spoke with USCIS twice and got an email response. They told me that my case has been awaiting a slot at the local ASC . Who knows for how long it's been awaiting a slot. They are open 4 days of the week but somehow they haven't been able to slot me in in 81 days. 

That's the state of things folks.

Good news is that if you can make it past the bio the rest will follow. let's hope that there isn't another closure. 

51 minutes ago, QueenofSwords said:

I'm a mid March filer and like many in my group, I am in the same boat-no movement whatsoever..

The biometrics unfortunately-esp those without re-use eligibility (aka: anyone who is employment based) is a big hurdle. The bio is where people get stuck and in limbo for a good year. This is due to the fact that most ASCs were shut till end of July, even if USCIS field offices opened and they have been utterly inept in rescheduling people. I've only read a handful of cases of people getting bio appointments if they didn't already have one by the time covid hit.. 

Those are flukes and usually at really low volume offices. I thought mine was a low volume office, in KCMO,  but it's now been 81 days since ASC reopening and nothing. I spoke with USCIS twice and got an email response. They told me that my case has been awaiting a slot at the local ASC . Who knows for how long it's been awaiting a slot. They are open 4 days of the week but somehow they haven't been able to slot me in in 81 days. 

That's the state of things folks.

Good news is that if you can make it past the bio the rest will follow. let's hope that there isn't another closure. 

I see lots of people who got interview notice/completed interview had their bio reused. Hope that will be the case for all people waiting. Why you are waiting for biometrics ? Let them reuse it.

53 minutes ago, Veggie3 said:

@Queenofswords - did you mean people who are employment-based aren't eligible for biometrics reuse?

I'm EB (NIW), and got a reuse notice. It really depends on your field office and probably also whether you have a criminal record or not.

I am  a university professor, therefore academic. This means that I had to wait 4 years and 9 months for eligibility which in turn means that my bios are 5 years old approx. Bios need to be within 18 months. Those who get reuse are those who married an American and had to go through removal-of-conditions and therefore went in for bios last year or thereabouts. 

I only pieced this together after reading multiple ROCs. I had to google what this was since I never considered marrying an American, and never would. 

Not only do those people become eligible in 3 years, but they get ahead now due to re-use. 

It says on the eligibility criteria that it's restricted to those with active bios in 18 months. and only the bios given at ASCs, as opposed to say POEs count. 

I have no criminal record, or stay outside the US, or visa overstay. But the fact remains that I am employment based, sponsored by the research uni I work for. 

So if you are employment based, like me, you are out of luck. 

Edited by QueenofSwords

@Queenofswords - thank you for sharing your story. I don't think, however, that your assertion is conclusive.

I'm also a university professor, but unlike you, I'm self petitioned (National Interest Waiver category, which still belongs to EB). I applied in the last week of May 2020, got a reuse notice in mid-September, and my interview will take place in mid-Nov. (5.5 months after my PD). In other forums I've seen many employment-based applicants who received a reuse notice as well. 

It's very difficult to predict USCIS mode of operation, but I'd say the decision whether to reuse or not has to do with the field office, and the applicant's personal history.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.