1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all! Has anyone received their AP document (not combo card)? Ours got approved a month ago and we suspect that the actual document might be lost.

It seems like the combo card you get a few days later but I haven't seen any info on people who just applied for the AP.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all, 

I just want to share my interview experience today. We went in 20 mins early and had my picture and index fingers registered after the security and then we were told to wait for our name to be called. 

When we got called, the officer had as sworn in that everything we say is the truth. He looked at my paperwork and asked for the original copies of birth certificates and marriage license. 

He then asked me and my husband our full names, birthdates and where we live. Looked over my i-485, asked the security questions( yes and no questions) and reviewed the i-944. 

He only asked me for my new medical report. And handed me a paper with the decision. Told me we’ll know in a few weeks. Took us probably about 30mins. 

Hope this helps. And good luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, KrisaT___ said:

Hi all, 

I just want to share my interview experience today. We went in 20 mins early and had my picture and index fingers registered after the security and then we were told to wait for our name to be called. 

When we got called, the officer had as sworn in that everything we say is the truth. He looked at my paperwork and asked for the original copies of birth certificates and marriage license. 

He then asked me and my husband our full names, birthdates and where we live. Looked over my i-485, asked the security questions( yes and no questions) and reviewed the i-944. 

He only asked me for my new medical report. And handed me a paper with the decision. Told me we’ll know in a few weeks. Took us probably about 30mins. 

Hope this helps. And good luck to everyone!

Oooh woow that's good. Wanted to write my interview experience cause I went today as well. I guess no need cause I could have written this myself. My experience is exactly the same and said he couldn't see no reason to deny me the greencard and I should expect it in the mail in the two months. 

I would like to encourage everybody and tell you to hang in there. Things will get better with no time. I totally understand the frustrations that come with this process. Be patient and hopeful and wish you all the best. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cystash said:

Oooh woow that's good. Wanted to write my interview experience cause I went today as well. I guess no need cause I could have written this myself. My experience is exactly the same and said he couldn't see no reason to deny me the greencard and I should expect it in the mail in the two months. 

I would like to encourage everybody and tell you to hang in there. Things will get better with no time. I totally understand the frustrations that come with this process. Be patient and hopeful and wish you all the best. 

@KrisaT___ @CystashGlad to hear of your successful interviews, I’m thinking I’ll hear of a interview date soon but dreading them going over the I-944 as my wife was working up until covid hit and has been unemployed since, the info on the forms was up to date and relevant but not really applicable now, I’m sure others may have the same issue too?? Do any of you guys have your EAD AND SSN?? I have my EAD but still waiting patiently for my SSN!! 🤞😊

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Rich1974 said:

@KrisaT___ @CystashGlad to hear of your successful interviews, I’m thinking I’ll hear of a interview date soon but dreading them going over the I-944 as my wife was working up until covid hit and has been unemployed since, the info on the forms was up to date and relevant but not really applicable now, I’m sure others may have the same issue too?? Do any of you guys have your EAD AND SSN?? I have my EAD but still waiting patiently for my SSN!! 🤞😊

He didn’t ask me anything about the i-944. Just went and checked the form. I received my ead last week and my SSN yesterday. 

Hopefully you’ll receive your SSN soon! Good luck!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cystash said:

Nice! I was also told to expect it in 2 months. :)

On 10/27/2020 at 10:10 PM, Rich1974 said:

Yes they sent my ead then a week later SSN. During interview they mostly asked question from i485 form, so don't worry about that and if they ask quiz from i944 just be true with them. Good luck, I know it will go well. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jandev2015 said:

Has anyone else’s updates all vanished from the uscis website.  Cause all my updates are gone and it’s now saying what it was months ago, finger print fee received and case received.  This has me a bit worried

Hi! Yes, this happened to me as well. If you try out the uscis status update website (not in my uscis) you get to see the most updated status. 

Also, I use the case tracker app, which also shows the latest status. Hope that helps.

14 minutes ago, SergioPerez said:

Hi! Yes, this happened to me as well. If you try out the uscis status update website (not in my uscis) you get to see the most updated status. 

Also, I use the case tracker app, which also shows the latest status. Hope that helps.

Thanks for responding.  I use the case tracker no update on that site for me.  I got my biometrics date never updated did biometrics from the 10/14 it never updated and I got an email saying case is ready for interview and that never updated either.  So case tracker definitely doesn’t work for me.  All these info were on the my uscis website but then they all just disappeared.  First it was just saying case status not available for days then it came back and all it says now is case received and finger print fee received

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jandev said:

Thanks for responding.  I use the case tracker no update on that site for me.  I got my biometrics date never updated did biometrics from the 10/14 it never updated and I got an email saying case is ready for interview and that never updated either.  So case tracker definitely doesn’t work for me.  All these info were on the my uscis website but then they all just disappeared.  First it was just saying case status not available for days then it came back and all it says now is case received and finger print fee received

I’m my uscis I have something similar to you. The two other methods that refer to are:

1. uscis status check:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

2. An app on my phone (not sure if the same as the one you are using)

- app icon attached for you to compare.

But in general has the same issue as you. The status showed as not available for a couple of days. It is now back up but in a weird format (all text whereas before it had drop down options and what not)

You could also call and check what’s going on but definitely seems like a backend issue.

66FE9A8A-004E-4986-9473-A97F24477B83.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am thinking of going to ASC next week and see if any one can help me with my BIO ; its been 100 days since ASC opened with no appointment yet , has anyone ever heard of anyone who tried this and succeeded  ? 

We decided to contact our local U.S. Senator for help. That office is following up with USCIS, in addition to the service request we put in with USCIS ourselves. It seems if you didn't do AP you are not a priority for biometrics (sure wishing we had filed that at the time!). PD of May 27. Been well over 90 days since local office (Detroit) opened on July 20. Stilllllllll waiting for a biometrics appointment to move ahead with EAD and SSN. Wondering if the upcoming election is slowing things down. 

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, PhoenixNiro said:

We decided to contact our local U.S. Senator for help. That office is following up with USCIS, in addition to the service request we put in with USCIS ourselves. It seems if you didn't do AP you are not a priority for biometrics (sure wishing we had filed that at the time!). PD of May 27. Been well over 90 days since local office (Detroit) opened on July 20. Stilllllllll waiting for a biometrics appointment to move ahead with EAD and SSN. Wondering if the upcoming election is slowing things down. 

I do have the AP pending PD May 15 and have service request as well as Local Congressman is waiting for USCIS to respond  , but how did you conclude that not filing AP may slow you down ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.