RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Hi, why can't he fly from Croatia to the US? I thought it was ok since Croatia is not part of the Schengen area?

Because there aren’t direct flights to the US from Croatia, you would have to go via a banned country 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Hi, why can't he fly from Croatia to the US? I thought it was ok since Croatia is not part of the Schengen area?

Hi—because as of right now, the only international flight out of Croatia is a once-daily flight to Frankfurt. We were assuming that transferring planes in Frankfurt would be considered being in the Schengen area, in the eyes of the CBP agent deciding whether or not to let him into the US. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

My parents flight in June from Frankfurt to US just got canceled by Lufthansa :(

My flight to Minneapolis from Hannover on June 26th got canceled by KLM about 4 weeks ago, but they just rebooked my flight for the same day. I didn't tell them to do that. The new itinirary will be Hannover - Amsterdam - Atlanta - Minneapolis. Before it was Hannover - Amsterdam - Minneapolis. I think they are planning to restart their business in June. Otherwise they wouldn't have rebooked my flight. I am positive now that I will be able to fly in June.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

Here is the latest forecast on USA international travel. It is up in the air. An article in the news:

Why the United States might not open up to international travelers any time soon

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-travel-analysi/why-the-united-states-might-not-open-up-to-international-travelers-any-time-soon-idUSKBN22Q2SP

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ela S. said:

I know another spanish couple that arrived a couple days ago to quarantine as well and they didn’t have to go through what I did. But according to them there were barely any foreigners. They said they were almost entirely mexicans in their flight. Apparently it was very smooth for them. No secondary check or anything. They both have the Eb-3 visa though and I have the K-1 

When my fiancee travels with her son, should she say she is going to quarantine?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, RD7712 said:

When my fiancee travels with her son, should she say she is going to quarantine?

Yes. This is what I said and the couple as well. Be completely honest it’s always best. They already know many people coming from Europe are doing this

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone i’m from the u.k. and could really do with some advice, it’s really helped reading your stories, so my story is kind of different. My loved one is a US citizen in Idaho, I really need to get there to visit him and his family, I haven’t seen him for a very long time, so i’ll be travelling on the ESTA route and staying for 3 months with him. I’m contemplating travelling to Mexico for for 14 days then heading to the US. Does anyone know if this will be ok with the being the ESTA route? on the border protection website it states that if i can prove i haven’t been in a restricted country for 14 days i should be ok. Does anyone know if airlines flying to Mexico from the u.k. or where layovers can be.  I’d just like advice if you’ve already done it or are planning to. My heart breaks every day being away from them all, thank you in advance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
13 minutes ago, dannie xox said:

Hi everyone i’m from the u.k. and could really do with some advice, it’s really helped reading your stories, so my story is kind of different. My loved one is a US citizen in Idaho, I really need to get there to visit him and his family, I haven’t seen him for a very long time, so i’ll be travelling on the ESTA route and staying for 3 months with him. I’m contemplating travelling to Mexico for for 14 days then heading to the US. Does anyone know if this will be ok with the being the ESTA route? on the border protection website it states that if i can prove i haven’t been in a restricted country for 14 days i should be ok. Does anyone know if airlines flying to Mexico from the u.k. or where layovers can be.  I’d just like advice if you’ve already done it or are planning to. My heart breaks every day being away from them all, thank you in advance. 

I would start by reading this thread, and never a good idea to go or try to go for the max.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
11 hours ago, RD7712 said:

Here is the latest forecast on USA international travel. It is up in the air. An article in the news:

Why the United States might not open up to international travelers any time soon

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-travel-analysi/why-the-united-states-might-not-open-up-to-international-travelers-any-time-soon-idUSKBN22Q2SP

This is only someone's opinion. Noone knows what's going to happen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone! I've been reading this topic since its beginning cause I'm stuck with this Schengen ban too as I'm from Spain... I believe my situation is a little bit different and that's why I'm feeling completely desperate, I blame myself for not finding a solution which I know doesn't exist. We haven't filled for any visa yet, I was just entering the USA to visit my loved one with the ESTA. I should have been there at the end of March and the whole month of May too and everything went wrong due to the ban. My passport has expired so my ESTA too and I can't get a new one by now. 

I'm just writting to let you know that I'm cheering each one of you that is trying to find out the way to get to stay with your loved one. Don't give up, I'm doing it sometimes and I know I shouldn't do that.

Thanks to everyone who is sharing their experiences and their thoughts about this situation and how are they handling it.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Pat S. said:

Hi everyone! I've been reading this topic since its beginning cause I'm stuck with this Schengen ban too as I'm from Spain... I believe my situation is a little bit different and that's why I'm feeling completely desperate, I blame myself for not finding a solution which I know doesn't exist. We haven't filled for any visa yet, I was just entering the USA to visit my loved one with the ESTA. I should have been there at the end of March and the whole month of May too and everything went wrong due to the ban. My passport has expired so my ESTA too and I can't get a new one by now. 

I'm just writting to let you know that I'm cheering each one of you that is trying to find out the way to get to stay with your loved one. Don't give up, I'm doing it sometimes and I know I shouldn't do that.

Thanks to everyone who is sharing their experiences and their thoughts about this situation and how are they handling it.

Why can't you get a new ESTA?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

Why can't you get a new ESTA?

I should get a new passport before applying for the new ESTA and the offices are closed. There are just a few of them opened in case of someone needs to get a new passport due to an emergency but they refused me to get a new one now as it's not an emergency case.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:05 PM, Ririwoo37 said:

You are not allowed to enter Croatia for the moment. My husband and I are stuck in germany and have both L1 visas and live in Chicago but got stuck here during our visa renewal. We both got the visa renewal issued and our passports but cannot travel because of the travel ban. also waiting for croatia to open up

Hey guys,

Did anyone with a work visa and who already lives in the US try to travel through Mexico or a non Schengen country? My husband and i live both in Chicago since 2017 with L1 visas but are stuck in Germany since March due to the travel ban and are desperately trying to get home, since our whole life is there. Does any of you made it to the US so far and how was the border control and immigration? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.