Bluee

AOS I-485 got accepted but daughter's got rejected (delivered 25th Mar)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys,

We filed our AOS on 23th Mar, and delivered (received by Harper) at Chicago IL Lockbox (via UPS) on 25th Mar.

No sms/ email/ notification so far.

On 22nd Apr, I called USCIS and was told that my application got accepted and they gave me my case number.

But the issue here is my daughter's I-485 (filed along with mine) got rejected.

Questions:

1. When I get my daughter application back, I will have to file her application as stand alone application or still can be dependent on mine? Because this will change the amount of the check.

2. Do I have to submit all the support documentations (that I've already included in my application that got accepted) again?

3. We are moving to another address pretty soon, should I still keep the address in her form same as the rejected form and change it online after or should I fill in the new address?

Any advices would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Timeline

Hi guys,

I got my daughter's rejection package back today.

I have a quick question:

When I file my daughter I-485, do I need to make a separate I-864 form for my daughter?

I submitted 2 of I-485 form (1 for me and 1 for my daughter); 2 of I-944 form (1 for me and 1 for my daughter) but only 1 of I-864 form (got information of us both in it) in my package the first time. And they accepted only my application and reject my daughter's. Is missing I-864 the reason of the rejection?

Any idea? Any advices would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Bluee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Bluee said:

Hi guys,

I have a quick question:

When I file my daughter I-485, do I need to make a separate I-864 form for my daughter?

I submitted 2 of I-485 form (1 for me and 1 for my daughter); 2 of I-944 form (1 for me and 1 for my daughter) but only 1 of I-864 form (got information of us both in it) in my package the first time. And they accepted only my application and reject my daughter's. Is missing I-864 the reason of the rejection?

Thanks.

I have a quick question. What was the expiration date on the I 485 that you filed? I noticed it was updated on USCIS website.

What did the rejection notice say?

Edited by malajoe

Timeline
Just now, malajoe said:

I have a quick question. What was the expiration date on the I 485 that you filed? I noticed it was updated on USCIS website

My application got 10/15/19 date and got accepted (but accepted on 22nd Apr).

So make sure you download the latest one from USCIS.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
Just now, Bluee said:

My application got 10/15/19 date and got accepted (but accepted on 22nd Apr).

So make sure you download the latest one from USCIS.

Yes mine has the same edition date. I just realized they changed the expiration date from 2021 to 2020. Right page upper right hand corner. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Bluee said:

Hi guys,

I have a quick question:

Thanks.

Hello, this whole process is definitely a nightmare.Its so hard to understand what uscis actually wants. Sorry you are going through this. 

I just mailed out my wife and daughter, same way you did. With just one I864. I guess they will reject my daughter's application too.

How old is your daughter?

Our daughter is 5.(the reason why we thought just one I864 is better)

I made some findings and many people suggested if filing together. Its ok to have just one i864.

Stay strong.

We all will get through this one day.

Timeline
15 hours ago, TrustWorthy2019 said:

Hello, this whole process is definitely a nightmare.Its so hard to understand what uscis actually wants. Sorry you are going through this. 

I just mailed out my wife and daughter, same way you did. With just one I864. I guess they will reject my daughter's application too.

How old is your daughter?

Our daughter is 5.(the reason why we thought just one I864 is better)

I made some findings and many people suggested if filing together. Its ok to have just one i864.

Stay strong.

We all will get through this one day.

Mine is 11.

So, I just mailed again my daughter's application today:

- I made new forms I-485, I-944.

- Wrote a new $750 check.

- Sent in a copy of my I-864.

- Stated my information (K1) in the cover letter.

- Sent a copy of I-797 receipt notice for my I-485.

- Sent a copy of my marriage certificate (just in case).

Will see what happen and will keep you all updated.

Edited by Bluee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/30/2020 at 4:13 PM, Bluee said:

Mine is 11.

Good Morning 

I am in a similar situation. Both mine and my daughter’s (11 years old) applications were returned. I couldn’t see any reason why mine was on my Notice of Action though ?! 

I attach a screenshot of my daughter’s notice of action. Am I right In Thinking I have to include separate Forms I-944 & I-864 for her? 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

1ADC6471-828B-45D4-8673-0DB8EBC7A52D.jpeg

Timeline
10 hours ago, Carina Brown said:

Good Morning 

I am in a similar situation. Both mine and my daughter’s (11 years old) applications were returned. I couldn’t see any reason why mine was on my Notice of Action though ?! 

I attach a screenshot of my daughter’s notice of action. Am I right In Thinking I have to include separate Forms I-944 & I-864 for her? 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

1ADC6471-828B-45D4-8673-0DB8EBC7A52D.jpeg

I haven't heard back from USCIS after sending my daughter's application again yet. But my application was accepted (and cashed) a week ago.

But I-944 is definitely need to be separate for you and your daughter as instruction. But for I-864, I just send another copy of my I-864 for my daughter (also as instruction for under 14 year old children).

I would suggest you to do so. Also, attach another copy of I-797 Approval Notice for your I-129F, and another copy of your marriage certificate in your daughter's application - just in case.

I just read your daughter's rejection letter, it seems another issue about signature part. You need to have her sign/ or you can sign it (and just write "Mother" next to your signature, I think).

Good luck!

Will see how my daughter's application goes and keep updated.

Edited by Bluee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bluee said:

I haven't heard back from USCIS after sending my daughter's application again yet. But my application was accepted (and cashed) a week ago.

But I-944 is definitely need to be separate for you and your daughter as instruction. But for I-864, I just send another copy of my I-864 for my daughter (also as instruction for under 14 year old children).

I would suggest you to do so. Also, attach another copy of I-797 Approval Notice for your I-129F, and another copy of your marriage certificate in your daughter's application - just in case.

I just read your daughter's rejection letter, it seems another issue about signature part. You need to have her sign/ or you can sign it (and just write "Mother" next to your signature, I think).

Good luck!

Will see how my daughter's application goes and keep updated.

Damn I signed her form but didn’t write mother next to it. I had Said in another box I was the preparer of the form. Let’s hope there’s no more issues haha!! I can’t change now as the form is with UPS. 😖😃

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

When you initially applied there should have been an I-485 for the principal applicant and all family members PLUS I-864 and I-944 for each person.  It seems redundant but it is how you minimize delays for yourself and for the officer assigned to your case.  If you only submitted one copy for the principal applicant and they just happen to misplace it, it will further delay the process because they will have to contact you to resend in the missing paperwork.  

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 9:36 PM, Carina Brown said:

Damn I signed her form but didn’t write mother next to it. I had Said in another box I was the preparer of the form. Let’s hope there’s no more issues haha!! I can’t change now as the form is with UPS. 😖😃

Hello, this whole process is somewhat overwhelming. Our petition was rejected on the basis there was an issue with the signature for my daughter who is 5. I did sign as preparer and it was rejected. And as the letter states. As parent , you are eligible to sign for your child who is 14 and below in the signature box and not as preparer. 

So this time around i signed in the main box but made another mistake of filing just one I864. I thought it will be for both wife and daughter since filing at same time. Haven't heard from them since 2weeks ago. Our fingers are crossed while waiting.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/30/2020 at 1:13 PM, Bluee said:

Mine is 11.

Soooooo, the package came back to me today with the rejection below:

IMG_5510_Fotor.jpg

Now, I'm in lost.

Can't figure out why?

My first guess is: they still need the I-864, but with my daughter name, not a copy from mine (K1 visa holder's).

Any advices would be really appreciated!

Please help. Thank you all in advance.

Edited by Bluee

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Bluee said:

Soooooo, the package came back to me today with the rejection below:

IMG_5510_Fotor.jpg

Now, I'm in lost.

Can't figure out why?

My first guess is: they still need the I-864, but with my daughter name, not a copy from mine (K1 visa holder's).

Any advices would be really appreciated!

Please help. Thank you all in advance.

What have you answered on part 2, questions 1 and 2?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ayrton said:

What have you answered on part 2, questions 1 and 2?

You meant this part I-485? This is I-485 for my daughter (K2). I absolutely included my name as Principal applicant. Included my information fully (included my I-485 receipt number) in cover letter.

IMG_5514_Fotor.jpg

But I sent the K-2 package separately (as first time K1 got accepted and K2 got rejected), therefore I think, I-864 need my daughter's name on its, not a copy from mine.

Any idea?

Edited by Bluee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.