21 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fayrog said:

We had to do this because my now-husband waive the immunizations at his physical in Juarez. If you did not get all of your vaccinations at your physical before your embassy appointment you will have to follow the above instructions. If you had them done at your physical, you do not need to do this. This was my understanding when we filed adjusting from a K1.

That is true. This was an old cut and paste that I hadn't updated. I thank you for the correction as you are right.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/16/2020 at 1:33 PM, Greenbaum said:

For Adjustment of Status you will submit the following forms:  

I-485; https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

I-864; https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

I-693;  https://www.uscis.gov/i-693

I-944;  https://www.uscis.gov/i-944

Optional forms (both are free to file when included with the I-485):

I-131 (Advance Parole);  https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

I-765 (Employment Authorization Document);  https://www.uscis.gov/i-765

Required Forms, and required accompanying evidence

The I-485 is filed for the Conditional Green Card, which has two-year validity.  It is to be accompanied by the I-864, Affidavit of Support and the I-693, Medical Examination and Vaccination Record.

I-485 is to be completed by visa beneficiary after marriage.  You will need a certified copy of your marriage certificate.  You can get this form the County Recorder or Clerk of Court depending on the process for the state where you were married.  I would suggest getting at least three copies of the certified marriage certificate as you will need a copy for the I-485 then for SSA.  You also need to include a copy of your I-797 Approval Notices (NOA1 & NOA2).

I-864 is for the financial support and is completed (for the most part) by the USC spouse.  This form is to be accompanied by a copy of your most recent tax return (tax transcript from the IRS is preferred by USCIS) and W2.   Including 3 years of tax returns is optional, not required.  DO NOT submit copies of state tax returns.

I-693 You take this form and the DS-3025 Vaccination Record to a Civil Surgeon (from the USCIS list).  The Civil Surgeon will transcribe the DS-3025 vaccinations to the I-693, then the I-693 will be put in a sealed envelope and given to you to accompany the I-485.   A new medical examination is NOT required, your medical from St. Luke's is valid for ONE year.

I-944 Form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency, is used by an individual to demonstrate that he or she is not inadmissible based on the public charge ground (Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 212(a).

Eligibility Category for K-1:  (c)(9)   you must use this category to have the filing fee waived.

How to pay the fees:   https://www.uscis.gov/fees

Optional Forms

(these two documents normally arrive on one card, referred to as a Combo card.  The filing fee for the below two documents is waived when filed with the I-485)

I-131 is Advance Parole, I refer to it as an Emergency Travel Card.  It is not a temporary green card. 

I-765 Work Authorization, with this card you will first go to the SSA office to update the SS card and get your record updated to show you are authorized to work.  You can then seek employment. 

How long does it take for approval of the EAD application?

Approximately 60-90 days after submitting the I-765 (and I-131) application you will receive a BIOMETRIC appointment.  Approximately 60-90 days after biometrics your EAD/AP application is usually adjudicated.  If approved the card will then be processed and mailed to you.

Hello Greenbaum,

Thank you for your kind help from day 1, I’m in U.S now we got married before the lockdown but couldn’t get the certificate because all offices are closed, I can’t even get the wedding certificate online.

My major issue is that my K1 visa expires in 2 weeks, I can’t file AOS because I do not have a certificate,all I have is the marriage liscence. What do you advice I do, I don’t want to be sent back, I already got married within the 90 days mark but can’t just file AOS yet. 
will I get in trouble with USCIS?

will there be repercussions like Sending me back to Nigeria?

please help me because I’m confused.

Thank you soooo much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ebose said:

Hello Greenbaum,

Thank you for your kind help from day 1, I’m in U.S now we got married before the lockdown but couldn’t get the certificate because all offices are closed, I can’t even get the wedding certificate online.

My major issue is that my K1 visa expires in 2 weeks, I can’t file AOS because I do not have a certificate,all I have is the marriage liscence. What do you advice I do, I don’t want to be sent back, I already got married within the 90 days mark but can’t just file AOS yet. 

Thank you soooo much

You don't will be sent back but get it filed asap 

YMMV

8 hours ago, Ebose said:

Hello Greenbaum,

Thank you soooo much

Once the offices open to get your certificate that will be the time for you to press forward to get this submitted. Be sure to be working on your package so all you need to do is include your certificate and send off for adjudication. Until then relax you'll be fine.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 4/17/2020 at 4:51 AM, Jorgedig said:

You do realize that regardless of the lockdown, you will not get your AP for up to 8 months, right?

Hey Jorgedig, 

Is it really taking that long to get the EAD / AP combo card right now? Is 8 months the minimum I should expect to wait? 

If yes, that's insane ughhh 

Thank you, 

Di

*** Old thread closed. The information in this thread may have changed. Please do not reply to old outdated threads as times and situation constantly change.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.