virgie6810

For Egyptian portal: status of American embassy

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
20 hours ago, SETETA said:

Thanks so much. I hope we hear soon. I will keep you updated if I hear anything. It is a difficult time for everyone, especially families who are separated by such distance.

The embassy called us and said they will call again with the nearest appt time as soon as they reopen. So at least we know they got it! Now we just wait for the COVID closures to end. Keep me updated if you hear anything.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
52 minutes ago, SETETA said:

The embassy called us and said they will call again with the nearest appt time as soon as they reopen. So at least we know they got it! Now we just wait for the COVID closures to end. Keep me updated if you hear anything.  

I would like to know why the calendar for scheduling interview is currently open with September, October, November.....etc.  We have an interview scheduled for July 1.  I check this every day.  When we scheduled that date, the calendar was showing July, August, September, etc.

If our interview is not intended to happen, wouldn't they cancel it officially?  Someone please advise on this.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Jody and Misho said:

I would like to know why the calendar for scheduling interview is currently open with September, October, November.....etc.  We have an interview scheduled for July 1.  I check this every day.  When we scheduled that date, the calendar was showing July, August, September, etc.

If our interview is not intended to happen, wouldn't they cancel it officially?  Someone please advise on this.

They would cancel it officially. However, they may not know at this point. No one knows for sure when each embassy will open. They probably want to avoid cancelling any interviews unnecessarily. I can't view the interview schedule for CR1 applicants but I know there are no appointment times for US Citizen services at all on the online calendar. They may notify you closer to the date. You could always try sending an e-mail inquiry. Let us know what you hear. Praying for the best for you and yours.

1 hour ago, Jody and Misho said:

That canceled my schedule appointment 3 weeks in advance. The thing that really sucked is we just paid all the money for the medical exam the day before. If we had know we would have waited since finances are tight. But just keep it and wait to hear from them. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NMHayek said:

That canceled my schedule appointment 3 weeks in advance. The thing that really sucked is we just paid all the money for the medical exam the day before. If we had know we would have waited since finances are tight. But just keep it and wait to hear from them. 

Did they notify you that your appointment was cancelled?

49 minutes ago, virgie6810 said:

They scheduled the appointment through email - I did not do it through the website. They called us on the phone To cancel . I am sure u will get a phone call or email if it is canceled 

Edited by NMHayek

51 minutes ago, virgie6810 said:

Oh and btw If the calendar is not showing dates on the website that means those months are filled. So don’t worry about it. If they are going to cancel they will tell u a few weeks in advance 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

So July interviews were cancelled. Did anyone hear from the Embassy about rescheduling? A few posts on their FB page that basically says what we know that they will resume when they reopen whenever that may be. Good new- Minister of Aviation confirmed today all airports will open gradually beginning July 1st, not just to a few tourist destinations. Let's hope we hear some more good news from the embassy soon.

14 hours ago, SETETA said:

So July interviews were cancelled. Did anyone hear from the Embassy about rescheduling? A few posts on their FB page that basically says what we know that they will resume when they reopen whenever that may be. Good new- Minister of Aviation confirmed today all airports will open gradually beginning July 1st, not just to a few tourist destinations. Let's hope we hear some more good news from the embassy soon.

No, I dont even have an interview date anymore for them to cancel (originally May 17, canceled on April 22) :( My email to them on June 1 said contact them in July, lol. I think they will say that every time till they open. Did they schedule an interview with you or did you make an appointment via the online portal? Did they call you or email you to cancel? Please let me know all the details about what happened.

We have our medical completed, I really hope we don't have to redo it, but wont be surprised if we have to given the way things are going. 

Thanks!

Timeline

I have an approved expedite. They called me in May saying it will be scheduled by the when they resume. Lots of FB groups have members who got a call the past week saying the same after their online scheduled date was cancelled. Hoping for good news.

45 minutes ago, SETETA said:

I have an approved expedite. They called me in May saying it will be scheduled by the when they resume. Lots of FB groups have members who got a call the past week saying the same after their online scheduled date was cancelled. Hoping for good news.

Yes I’m the same - approved Expidite (April 2020). Sigh 😔 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jody and Misho said:

Who of these still have interviews scheduled?  

EGYPT.JPG

Our appointment hasn’t been cancelled yet, but I’m assuming it will be since the embassy will have a backlog of interviews to conduct once they reopen.

Timeline

I don't know.  It's kind of far out.....We were trying to schedule his medical appointment for the (then scheduled) July 1st appointment.  We had hopes the Embassy would be open by then.  The doctor kept insisting they needed a letter from the Embassy regarding interview.  For K1, this wasn't required before.  The hospital contacted the Embassy, then the Embassy cancelled our appointment, BUT insisted that all interviews were cancelled due to being closed.  I just wish there were some concrete answers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.