EnglishLove

Super frustrated with EAD expedite

57 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Pooley said:

That's where my husband is at. And we live in a super tiny tiny town with NOTHING to do. We have a Walmart and that's it. He's losing his mind after 7 months of being stuck in the house and I'm at work for 9 hours of the day Monday through Friday so he's always alone. 

I see the Union Jack, like me. Stiff upper lip and all that.

I am not sure what the rules are on volunteer works without an EAD but now might be a great time to give back, even simple things like giving blood. I am sure the karma will return for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

I am not sure what the rules are on volunteer works without an EAD but now might be a great time to give back, even simple things like giving blood. I am sure the karma will return for you.

Last time I checked giving blood was still banned.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

banned as in banned for non-EAD recipantes or banned under a resolution??. I cannot give blood in the US due to my age and being in the UK during certain years, however it seem the red cross is still crying out for blood, even in NYC I can see drives just over the river in NJ.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
27 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

Did you not have a receipt number issue as well? Your receipt number was not your actual receipt number which was crazy!!

My EAD took 107 days to arrive, in hand without an expedite. Granted the SSN took 4 weeks after that to arrive, however they arrived. I am just thinking that with the amount of activity we are seeing with EAD expedites, you may also be dealing with that. It seems everyone needs an expedite these days. Stay strong. With the current climate I can only see more delays.

I do totally agree with you that what tier 1 agent you get make a huge impact. I have hung up and call back in the past to get more info.

Yes, it's been a mess. I feel like every step we've had something happen so slow down the process. His social took a while too because they combined his first name and middle name together like it was all his first name at the port of entry so that slowed it down. It's been 165 since USCIS has received all my paperwork. 😭

Timeline
1 hour ago, jmn1012 said:

banned as in banned for non-EAD recipantes or banned under a resolution??. I cannot give blood in the US due to my age and being in the UK during certain years, however it seem the red cross is still crying out for blood, even in NYC I can see drives just over the river in NJ.

Mas Cow ban is still in place I believe.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, jmn1012 said:

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

It's still in place. My ex-husband is English and he wanted to give blood a few years back but was told that because he lived in the UK during the affected time:

From January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom (UK)

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/eligibility-requirements/eligibility-criteria-alphabetical/eligibility-reference-material.html

I had reason to look this up again over the weekend since my fiance also wanted to give blood. 

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Mas Cow ban is still in place I believe.

Just now, laylalex said:

It's still in place. My ex-husband is English and he wanted to give blood a few years back but was told that because he lived in the UK during the affected time:

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/eligibility-requirements/eligibility-criteria-alphabetical/eligibility-reference-material.html

I had reason to look this up again over the weekend since my fiance also wanted to give blood. 

Mad Cow (or CJD) is still in place, 100% correct, however that is date dependant on time in the UK (I think 1980 to 1996 if you spent 3 months or more in the UK).

The blood drives are up in arm over it, however the science is fact. Perhaps 1 in 2000 people could have the deformed protein. Of course it could be 1:100000 in real life and of those in the US even less. The last time I checked there had only ever been less than 5 people infected via transfusion. I would love to give my blue blood to the cause. Perhaps scan for the protein??

1 minute ago, jmn1012 said:

Mad Cow (or CJD) is still in place, 100% correct, however that is date dependant on time in the UK (I think 1980 to 1996 if you spent 3 months or more in the UK).

The blood drives are up in arm over it, however the science is fact. Perhaps 1 in 2000 people could have the deformed protein. Of course it could be 1:100000 in real life and of those in the US even less. The last time I checked there had only ever been less than 5 people infected via transfusion. I would love to give my blue blood to the cause. Perhaps scan for the protein??

Yes, it's whether you lived in the UK during that time, and both my ex and my fiance fall into that category. And yes, it's dumb, particularly since it was SO long ago. Both of them would have liked to give. I am on the borderline of whether or not I can give due to weight requirements -- I suppose I could fatten up!

20 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

I just checked, it looks like growing up in any European country if you were born before 1996 (or I guess 1992) disqualifies you from donating forever in the USA. Interesting. 

Edited by Orangesapples

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I just checked, it looks like growing up in any European country if you were born before 1996 (or I guess 1992) disqualifies you from donating forever in the USA. Interesting. 

And the UK.

Timeline

In addition, the word Europe itself is also regularly used to mean Europe excluding the islands of Great Britain, Iceland, and Ireland 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Europe

5 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I'm pretty sure the UK is a European country :) Unless it decided to call itself part of Asia or Antarctica. 

Only on a continental basis. Even though only a tiny bit of it (Gibraltar) is on the continent itself.

Timeline

Still unclear how the OP expedited, on which basis and what documentation was provided to support the expedite.

• Severe financial loss to a company or person
  • Humanitarian reasons
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.