goldhex

Almost Approved Solidarity Thread

108 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

And as far as others who went through the process...when they were in the midst of it without a definite end date it was not so different than you. We wanted answers and instant gratification of results. It ain’t gonna happen. Maybe the difference is after getting way past it, we understand you can’t push it forward with obsession or worry so we urge you to relax and just let it play out because it’s going to happen when it happens.

@Wuozopo 

This post has helped hugely; you're right: worry and stress have absolutely no effect on when routine visa services will resume at the Embassy. Makes more sense to: 

"..relax... because it’s going to happen when it happens."

Totally out of context but your advice is eerily similar to what I was told by a New Orleans local while impatient and annoyed while waiting for a 3-hour "late" Mardi Gras parade: 

" Parade's gonna get here when it gets here. Ma'am, y'all just need to calm down. Why don't you relax and have some of my fried chicken?

You've remined me: those of us lucky enough to have interviews booked in July should remember: "...right now, consider yourself special with a slot saved for you..."  And hope interview slots open up for everyone else soon. (And incidentally, the parade in NOLA did show up eventually...it was worth the 3-hour wait!)

19 hours ago, goldhex said:

I posted this before but it seems to have got lost in the shuffle - 

Secretary of State Pompeo has released a document planning the return to work of State Department (Embassy) employees:

https://www.axios.com/pompeo-coronavirus-state-department-reopening-ec5dc86d-6393-4614-b05f-68d3b5f6ec10.html

FWIW: seems likely that those appointments for late July/early August will go ahead considering they were released on the booking tool after the above document was sent to DoS employees.

@goldhex This was definitely not "lost in the shuffle"  - I actaully "enjoyed" reading this dcoument; downloaded and read the entire doc.

Was encouraging to know that gradual, safety-based return-to-work plans for Embassy employees are actually written down somewhere - but of course I undertand that everything's subject to change and is based on an unpredictable future.

But this document has given me hope that there's light at the end of the very long "almost approved tunnel".

2 hours ago, Bear_and_Bunny said:

Feel so close.  Have my medical next week and embassy interview on 10th august.  

Congratulations! Are you a rescheduled interview? We only just got DQ earlier this week so am expecting quite a backlog but it is good to know the embassy is starting to conduct interviews again! When my partner called yesterday they told him they don't have any information about when they will reopen. 

I have seen on here and Facebook that a number of embassies are now scheduling interviews for  IR1, IR2, CR1 and CR2. I have looked on the London Embassy as it doesn't specifically state they are doing these, just doing mission critical work.  However I have now seen those visa classes described as mission critical elsewhere so fingers crossed.

I know Vietnam, Jamaica and Poland at least are doing this. 

6 minutes ago, 8bithearts said:

I have seen on here and Facebook that a number of embassies are now scheduling interviews for  IR1, IR2, CR1 and CR2. I have looked on the London Embassy as it doesn't specifically state they are doing these, just doing mission critical work.  However I have now seen those visa classes described as mission critical elsewhere so fingers crossed.

I know Vietnam, Jamaica and Poland at least are doing this. 

Following this.

Hopefully they announce something similar soon! 

Just now, 8bithearts said:

It did change today but I can't tell what info changed from the last update on 5th

https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

Ha! Yeah, I’m the exact same. I read over it a few times and I can’t tell either. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
56 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

Congratulations! Are you a rescheduled interview? We only just got DQ earlier this week so am expecting quite a backlog but it is good to know the embassy is starting to conduct interviews again! When my partner called yesterday they told him they don't have any information about when they will reopen. 

The person you quoted with an August interview is doing consular processing and did not go through NVC or submit documents or get DQ. Their petition was approved by the USCIS office in London. They made their own interview appointment online. The embassy is not “open” yet and not conducting interviews. The July and August interviews people have scheduled themselves will be cancelled if the embassy is not able to open . 

3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The person you quoted with an August interview is doing consular processing and did not go through NVC or submit documents or get DQ. Their petition was approved by the USCIS office in London. They made their own interview appointment online. The embassy is not “open” yet and not conducting interviews. The July and August interviews people have scheduled themselves will be cancelled if the embassy is not able to open . 

Thank you for the clarification! I saw some European embassies were providing interview appointments in July for regular processing  (non DCF) and erroneously assumed the embassy in London was also following suit. I will pay closer attention to user timelines in the future.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, 8bithearts said:

It did change today but I can't tell what info changed from the last update on 5th

https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

10 minutes ago, Eladnolnod said:

Ha! Yeah, I’m the exact same. I read over it a few times and I can’t tell either. 

New today on June 18:

I have been offered an expedited appointment. What do I need to know about attending the appointment?

Just now, Wuozopo said:

New today on June 18:

I have been offered an expedited appointment. What do I need to know about attending the appointment?

Wuozopo,

Good eye, thanks for that!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Eladnolnod said:

Wuozopo,

Good eye, thanks for that!

Only because I had the old page still open on the iPad. I opened the update on a new tab so could compare them. 

Just had my July 6th interview cancelled and rescheduled for August 4th. I'm optimistic this one will actually happen! :D

3 hours ago, goldhex said:

Just had my July 6th interview cancelled and rescheduled for August 4th. I'm optimistic this one will actually happen! :D

UK dropping alert levels definitely will help too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.