goldhex

Almost Approved Solidarity Thread

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, goldhex said:

Well, who knows what will happen now....

Indeed. It remains to be seen what the implications of Trumps tweet that he will suspend immigration. So many are freaking out, but there’s no answers yet so you might as well save the emotions until an actual executive order is written and signed. Anything right now is total speculation on a tweet and often those aren’t very well thought out. 

13 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Indeed. It remains to be seen what the implications of Trumps tweet that he will suspend immigration. So many are freaking out, but there’s no answers yet so you might as well save the emotions until an actual executive order is written and signed. Anything right now is total speculation on a tweet and often those aren’t very well thought out. 

Precisely. Just have to wait and see.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 minutes ago, goldhex said:

Precisely. Just have to wait and see.

What a bummer for you when your timeline was rolling along so nicely pre-pandemic

🦠😷🦠😡🦠

31 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What a bummer for you when your timeline was rolling along so nicely pre-pandemic

🦠😷🦠😡🦠

Oh I know.. I'm trying not to think about it too much 🤦‍♂️ everything was going so well. I said to my friend yesterday that I should be in my last month of living in the UK instead I'm wearing a facemask to the supermarket... What a world

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/26/2020 at 11:41 AM, TXorPDX said:

This is my first post,so hope it's appropriate for this topic - I was able to book a new IV appointment for 7 May 2020 at the U.S. Embassy London on  the "Offcial U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service" website today (26 March).

Hey there,

We got an email notification today that our rescheduled K-1 Visa interview for May 7th was cancelled (not surprising,  particularly in light of the impending EO). Have they notified you of a cancelation?

5 minutes ago, Ermehgerdd said:

Hey there,

We got an email notification today that our rescheduled K-1 Visa interview for May 7th was cancelled (not surprising,  particularly in light of the impending EO). Have they notified you of a cancelation?

I was notified that my rescheduled appointment for May 5th was cancelled ironically as I was reading the BBC news article about the potential immigration ban..

Thanks for sharing your appointment updates. Here's some info that others might find helpful:

1.Visa Medicals update: was told last week they are now open two days a week only. But please email/ phone to check, as this may have changed

2. "Information for non-U.S. citizens following the Coronavirus / COVID-19 Outbreak" This page on US Embassy London website was updated on April 16, 2020,, including:

Will the U.S. Embassy in London be closing?/Will my visa interview appointment be cancelled?
(Not new): "As of March 17, 2020, the United States Embassy in London has cancelled.. immigrant and fiancé(e) visa appointments...

New: "You do not need to be concerned if your Visa Appointment Service account shows ‘Attend Appointment’ – you may disregard this while all routine visa interview appointments are cancelled. When new appointment dates are available for booking, they will display through your appointment calendar within your account."

I was able to change my May appointment to 9 June; status shows as  ‘Attend Appointment’.  But I guess a booked appointment is now not a booked appointment?!

And strange choice of words: "You do not need to be concerned" How can people not be concerned, when their entire lives are put on hold indefinitely? I realise this sounds terribly selfish when so many people are ill and dying. Trying to put things in perspective...but this is get odder and odder by the week. And now there is the...

3. Proposed 60-day ban on Green Cards application approvals: "The spouses and children of American citizens would still be eligible for green cards under the new policy" from https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/21/us/trump-immigration-ban-covid.html  Please note! This is only a news article and so not an official source; please check U.S. government websites and legal sources if/ when the new policy is put into place...

Edited by TXorPDX
spacing too big

1 hour ago, TXorPDX said:

3. Proposed 60-day ban on Green Cards application approvals: "The spouses and children of American citizens would still be eligible for green cards under the new policy" from https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/21/us/trump-immigration-ban-covid.html  Please note! This is only a news article and so not an official source; please check U.S. government websites and legal sources if/ when the new policy is put into place...

So for K-1s, when you file for AoS you are the spouse of the USC therefore if this report is true K-1 AoS filers should still be eligible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.