goldhex

Almost Approved Solidarity Thread

108 posts in this topic

Evening All,

Due to todays news and obviously the ongoing situation I and I'm sure many others are in a tough spot with almost being approved but now having stuff thrown into doubt with potential social distancing/embassy closure etc.

I personally have my medical booked for next Friday 20th and then my Embassy Appointment for the 30th, at this point I'm hoping that everything will still be open by then but we will see...

Anyone else on the UK board in a similar position?!

Edited by goldhex

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yes, sadly. I was due the medical in the next few days and interview the week after that.

I suppose we can only pray that expiry timescales are extended if there are closures and / or advice not to travel within the U.K (I'd have been taking a domestic flight to London )

Sorry to hear you're in the same position.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are also booked for the 30th for our visa interview. I was meant to fly out on the 23rd and attend the interview with him, but alas, I had to change my tickets to June now.  

We are hoping the appointment still goes through as our NOA2expires April 11...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ermehgerdd said:

We are hoping the appointment still goes through as our NOA2expires April 11...

Your NOA 2 expiration is not a concern. Did you read the list of documents required at the interview?

If your petition expires before the visa interview takes place, you are required to bring to your interview a signed letter from your petitioner confirming that you both remain legally free to marry and that you will marry within 90 days of your arrival in the United States.

Timeline

In unprecedented and uncertain times like this, I think that you are just going to have to wait and see what unfolds. Things are changing daily. I would guess that by the 30th, things will be very different on both sides of the pond, and I don’t mean in a good way. Have you looked at the long list of countries that have already closed their borders and going into lockdown?  The UK is way behind. 

I sympathise with those who have waited so long to now have a spanner thrown in the works just when you finally saw an end date. 

Am I interpreting this right by thinking the London Embassy will no longer be providing Visa services to UKCs?

Screenshot_20200316-103517_Chrome.jpg

Edited by goldhex

Timeline

I think that was old info (March 12) to tell people who had been in the prohibited countries to wait until they had cleared the 14 day mark before coming to their non immigrant visa appointments. (Remember most appointments at the embassy are with the NIV Unit.) Then they edited to tack on UK & Ireland because those were added on March 14th. So now it makes absolutely no sense because it’s impossible to interview in the UK after having been out of the UK for 14 days.

I don’t think that piece of information is directed to immigrant interviews or is of any help to K1s. I think they will contact you when the decision is made to cancel/postpone your interview.  The clinic updated their website http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/index.htm

So question—What is your gut telling you? Do you think you will interview on the 30th? 

Edited by Wuozopo

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

I think that was old info (March 12) to tell people who had been in the prohibited countries to wait until they had cleared the 14 day mark before coming to their non immigrant visa appointments. (Remember most appointments at the embassy are with the NIV Unit.) Then they edited to tack on UK & Ireland because those were added on March 14th. So now it makes absolutely no sense because it’s impossible to interview in the UK after having been out of the UK for 14 days.

I don’t think that piece of information is directed to immigrant interviews or is of any help to K1s. I think they will contact you when the decision is made to cancel/postpone your interview.  The clinic updated their website http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/index.htm

So question—What is your gut telling you? Do you think you will interview on the 30th? 

I'm torn, on one hand I saw the US Embassy in Rome only stopped doing non-emergency services as of last Wednesday, and I don't believe the situation here will be as bad as Italy is in 2 weeks. Then again, with the way everything is changing on a seemingly daily basis who knows?

I looked on the interview scheduling website and there's appointments available for  the 24th and 25th, I wonder if it would be worth rescheduling to one of these instead even though it wouldn't be 5 business days from my medical?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, goldhex said:

I looked on the interview scheduling website and there's appointments available for  the 24th and 25th, I wonder if it would be worth rescheduling to one of these instead even though it wouldn't be 5 business days from my medical?

You can’t pick a new date until after the original date has passed.  They have instructed people to wait until the date has passed, then click “I missed my appointment” to be allowed to pick a new date.  

Your visa will be good until September if you keep your medical appointment.  You can just wait and see if the interview happens on schedule or they postpone you. I don’t think you can do much to “fix” things today, so just rest your tense brain and let it unfold. 

23 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You can’t pick a new date until after the original date has passed.  They have instructed people to wait until the date has passed, then click “I missed my appointment” to be allowed to pick a new date.  

Your visa will be good until September if you keep your medical appointment.  You can just wait and see if the interview happens on schedule or they postpone you. I don’t think you can do much to “fix” things today, so just rest your tense brain and let it unfold. 

Well I've just checked the appointment scheduling tool and its now showing 

There are no available appointments at the selected location. 

So I guess it's March 30th or delay :)

Que sera sera... :D

Im in the same situation, medical is booked for 2nd April and havent been able to book interview for the 9th yet as they havent put that date up for booking yet. Have a wedding venue and everything booked for June 20th so this is a real issue for me and my fiance.

8 minutes ago, spikes746 said:

Im in the same situation, medical is booked for 2nd April and havent been able to book interview for the 9th yet as they havent put that date up for booking yet. Have a wedding venue and everything booked for June 20th so this is a real issue for me and my fiance.

Ah I'm sorry to hear that.. Fingers crossed things will have resolved by that point.

My theory on the no available appointments is that they're getting ready to shut down/cancel all appointments. I hope I'm wrong things really seem to be trending that way.

Edited by goldhex

Not that there was any doubt but I just received the confirmation email stating my interview has been cancelled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.