Boiler

If You Feel Sick, Please Consider Canceling and Rescheduling Your USCIS Appointment

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

ALERT: Rescheduling Appointments Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you become ill for any reason, regardless of whether you were exposed to COVID-19, please do not come to appointments with any USCIS office. 
Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice to reschedule your appointment or interview if you:

• Were in any country designated as a "level 3" by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) within 14 days of your appointment;
  • Believe that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 (even if you were not recently in any level 3 country); or
  • Are experiencing flu-like symptoms (such as a runny nose, headache, cough, sore throat or fever).

Visit coronavirus.gov for a complete list of CDC travel health notices.

We will help you reschedule your appointment without penalty when you are healthy.

USCIS wants to ensure the safety of those whom we serve and our employees. Please do not visit a USCIS office if you are sick or start to feel symptoms of being sick. We will help you reschedule your appointment, without penalty, when you are better. If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your USCIS appointment. Some illnesses and symptoms include:

• A cold or the flu
  • Fever or nausea
  • Severe headaches or body aches
  • Muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
  • Vomiting or diarrhea
  • Active tuberculosis (TB)
  • Mumps, measles, chickenpox
  • Other contagious disease

If you need to reschedule an appointment

Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty if you reschedule your appointment.

If you come to a USCIS office when you are sick

For the safety of our employees and those that we serve, if you or someone with you appears ill or meets any of the conditions listed above, the officer may cancel your appointment or interview. We will assist you in rescheduling your appointment, without any penalty.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/if-you-feel-sick-please-consider-canceling-and-rescheduling-your-uscis-appointment

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you think THEY will cancel AOS interviews by shutting down the offices?

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
31 minutes ago, sweethrtt said:

Do you think THEY will cancel AOS interviews by shutting down the offices?

If one of their staff catches coronavirus they will shut down that office for sure.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

I rescheduled my interview because we had to flight to Honolulu and I have symptom as it says, but my request was denied because I didn’t send an evidence for it even the person said I wouldn’t have to go. I didn’t get any emails so I didn’t go. 
My case status now “no one appeared for in-person progressing”. 

I’m afraid of going to the hospital right now and I wonder if I had to be diagnosed as nothing? 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Minori said:

I rescheduled my interview because we had to flight to Honolulu and I have symptom as it says, but my request was denied because I didn’t send an evidence for it even the person said I wouldn’t have to go. I didn’t get any emails so I didn’t go. 
My case status now “no one appeared for in-person progressing”. 

I’m afraid of going to the hospital right now and I wonder if I had to be diagnosed as nothing? 

This is recent, I think yesterday, when did you reschedule your interview? I would contact them again quoting the above.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

This is recent, I think yesterday, when did you reschedule your interview? I would contact them again quoting the above.

The official announcement was issued on the 5th or so I think. I called on the 2nd, but I wrote a letter 5th, sent it to local office. 
I called to know what happened to my case because the case status scares me. Then he said they sent an email but I didn’t get and I need an evidence. I still have diarrhea so maybe I need to go to see a doc to get a diagnosis letter... but what if I didn’t get diagnosed!? 

Timeline

I would contact them again today and say you are still unwell and taking into account the recent proclamation do they still need evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.