ana y

NVC sent email requesting police certificate.

125 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello all! Hope to receive some help...First off, im petitioning my husband who is here in the US. He has an approved i601a waiver, on January 22nd we mailed our supporting documents for ds260 to NVC and last Friday we received an email saying they need the Police Certificate, because the one we sent they can not accept. (im including what the email says) 

______10 - GUATEMALA POLICE CERTIFICATE:___________________________ 

We cannot accept the police certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case. 

To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at nvc.state.gov/find. Select your country from the menu on the left side of the page. The next page will be your country's "Reciprocity Schedule." 

Click on "Police, Court, Prison Records" on the bottom. This will take you to a page with the exact requirements for the type of police certificate you must submit to NVC.

We sent Antecedentes Penales and Antecedentes policiacos. We have a  lawyer and they were sure everything was correct. We look at the website it shows and it says this...

Police Certificates

Available

Fees:  Free service

Document Name: Antecedentes 

Issuing Authority: Ministerio Publico (Public Ministry)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: White sheet with authentication code at the bottom.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Minister of the Public Ministry

Registration Criteria:  See registration requirements here

Procedure for Obtaining: Application is made online. The applicant may pick up the report in person or send a representative with a signed consent letter and a copy of the applicant’s identity document.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents

I went on the website and it's the Ministerio Publico de Guatemala. Has anyone else had to get this document from this institution? Our lawyer says its the first they here of this and from everyone else I hadn't seen NVC ask for this different document. Since my husband is here in the US he has a lawyer in Guatemala get his documents then he sends it to us here in the US. But even that lawyer has never heard of this. If any one has had this experience, I would really appreciate to hear from you all. Thanks and good luck to all!!

Timeline

hello, 

Have you tried calling NVC and talking to them about it. Might be miscommunication at NVC part specially if your using a lawyer

K1 approved 06/13/2013

AOS approved 02/12/2014
ROC approved 09/14/2016

DIVORCED 01/10/2020

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mily90 said:

hello, 

Have you tried calling NVC and talking to them about it. Might be miscommunication at NVC part specially if your using a lawyer

I've tried calling but it's close to impossible to get a hold of NVC on the phone, the many times I've called they simply say everyone is busy and hangs up. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
3 hours ago, ana y said:

I've tried calling but it's close to impossible to get a hold of NVC on the phone, the many times I've called they simply say everyone is busy and hangs up. 

Yes its hard but not impossible. I recently tried calling after 20 attempts it went through, what you need to do (as am sure its on the forums here somewhere) you should hear the RING, if it goes to the automated system then you will get all agents are busy.

If you get in queue , it rings and ofcourse there is an obligatory 40+ mins HOLD time.

Or call off hours - late evenings..

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 2:05 PM, ana y said:

Hello all! Hope to receive some help...First off, im petitioning my husband who is here in the US. He has an approved i601a waiver, on January 22nd we mailed our supporting documents for ds260 to NVC and last Friday we received an email saying they need the Police Certificate, because the one we sent they can not accept. (im including what the email says) 

We cannot accept the police certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case. 

To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at nvc.state.gov/find. Select your country from the menu on the left side of the page. The next page will be your country's "Reciprocity Schedule." 

Click on "Police, Court, Prison Records" on the bottom. This will take you to a page with the exact requirements for the type of police certificate you must submit to NVC.

We sent Antecedentes Penales and Antecedentes policiacos. We have a  lawyer and they were sure everything was correct. We look at the website it shows and it says this...

Police Certificates

Available

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: White sheet with authentication code at the bottom.

Procedure for Obtaining: Application is made online. The applicant may pick up the report in person or send a representative with a signed consent letter and a copy of the applicant’s identity document.

I went on the website and it's the Ministerio Publico de Guatemala. Has anyone else had to get this document from this institution? Our lawyer says its the first they here of this and from everyone else I hadn't seen NVC ask for this different document. Since my husband is here in the US he has a lawyer in Guatemala get his documents then he sends it to us here in the US. But even that lawyer has never heard of this. If any one has had this experience, I would really appreciate to hear from you all. Thanks and good luck to all!!

I live in the US and my husband in Guatemala and our lawyer told us we would have to get the certificate from the Ministerio publico de Guatemala, its the place where you file complaints and stuff or al least that's what my husband told me. any other questions let me know, glad to help on anything I can.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:05 AM, ana y said:

Police Certificates

Available

What documents did you originally submit and where did you get them from?

Timeline
On 3/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, wisegeek said:

Yes its hard but not impossible. I recently tried calling after 20 attempts it went through, what you need to do (as am sure its on the forums here somewhere) you should hear the RING, if it goes to the automated system then you will get all agents are busy.

If you get in queue , it rings and ofcourse there is an obligatory 40+ mins HOLD time.

Or call off hours - late evenings..

Thank you for the info! 

Timeline
On 3/4/2020 at 7:14 AM, MarlinCobon said:

I live in the US and my husband in Guatemala and our lawyer told us we would have to get the certificate from the Ministerio publico de Guatemala, its the place where you file complaints and stuff or al least that's what my husband told me. any other questions let me know, glad to help on anything I can.

Thank you! I called ministerio publico and we were able to send an authorization letter to give his brother permission to pick up the document. its called “desplegado de denuncias” i guess its a new document they are requesting! will be getting it in about 10 days, thank you! 

Timeline
On 3/5/2020 at 5:42 PM, AG-T said:

Can anyone tell me if you fill out form I601a and how long it took to be approved at Nebraska Service Center. Thank you 

We sent the i601a waiver beginning of July 2018. had biometric appointment on August 10th. We got the approval notice March 27. It took about 8 months.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

documents we sent were all originals.

husband’s birth certificate, antecedentes penales. antecedentes policiacos. we got these from guatemala. and once we had them we had to get them translated by an authorized translator. we also got out marriage certificate, my birth certificate, tax returns and tax transcripts for last 3 years. and also from co sponsor and pay stubs for all of us

Timeline
3 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Why are you going through NVC if he's in the US? Can he not adjust status?

he has an approved i601a waiver, this is because he entered the US illegally ONCE. which is the reason why he qualified for the waiver. we’re going through NVC for the consular process 

44 minutes ago, ana y said:

documents we sent were all originals.

husband’s birth certificate, antecedentes penales. antecedentes policiacos. we got these from guatemala. and once we had them we had to get them translated by an authorized translator. we also got out marriage certificate, my birth certificate, tax returns and tax transcripts for last 3 years. and also from co sponsor and pay stubs for all of us

In regards of the police certificates that were not accepted,  which ones did you turn in and where did you get them from?

Edited by Ncornejo7
Additional question

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

56 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

In regards of the police certificates that were not accepted,  which ones did you turn in and where did you get them from?

could you upload the picture of how the document looks to this post? i think here it lets you upload a file if you select “quote” it would be really helpful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.