Nishris

I-129F submitted Feb 2020

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Forum Members,

I am very new to this forum and would like to know the various stages of processing the K1 visa. I am a Canadian PR holder and my fiancé has recently applied for K1 visa for me.

I currently have B2 Visitor’s Visa for USA and I have even visited my fiancé recently in California, does applying for K1 affect my B2 visa, can I still go and visit him on the Visitor’s visa meanwhile the K1 is being processed ?

Regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You can try and go visit, no issue there. Make sure you carry evidence that you still have strong ties to Canada, and will return after the visit, such as lease, job letter, proof of property ownership. Entry is not guaranteed, and when they ask why you are coming make sure to say to visit my fiancee in California ( Unless your not seeing her). They will have access to the fact you have a K1 pending, so key thing is not to lie and risk a misrepresentation. Most visitors from Canada have little issues so you should be OK, but expect some extra questions, and don't show up at the border with your car filled to the top with everything you own ( Guaranteed no entry). You just have to prove you are visiting and not planning to stay and Adjust status.

Also, as a note, try to keep the visits short, say 2 weeks here, maybe a week there, you don't want to give the idea you are spending more time in the US than in Canada.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
On 3/1/2020 at 10:13 PM, Loren Y said:

You can try and go visit, no issue there. Make sure you carry evidence that you still have strong ties to Canada, and will return after the visit, such as lease, job letter, proof of property ownership. Entry is not guaranteed, and when they ask why you are coming make sure to say to visit my fiancee in California ( Unless your not seeing her). They will have access to the fact you have a K1 pending, so key thing is not to lie and risk a misrepresentation. Most visitors from Canada have little issues so you should be OK, but expect some extra questions, and don't show up at the border with your car filled to the top with everything you own ( Guaranteed no entry). You just have to prove you are visiting and not planning to stay and Adjust status.

Also, as a note, try to keep the visits short, say 2 weeks here, maybe a week there, you don't want to give the idea you are spending more time in the US than in Canada.

Thanks for your reply Loren.

I already visited in mid Feb 2020(K1 was not filled then) and now planning to visit again by April end. I hope this will not cause any problems for processing the K1 application. Do we need to update the application by sending documents of my visit to California again in April?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Nishris said:

Thanks for your reply Loren.

I already visited in mid Feb 2020(K1 was not filled then) and now planning to visit again by April end. I hope this will not cause any problems for processing the K1 application. Do we need to update the application by sending documents of my visit to California again in April?

Thanks in advance.

Any extra evidence from visits can be taken to the Visa interview. They may or may not ask for it. Canada is usually a pretty easy embassy, the only time there are issues is when someone comes from a high fraud country, gets PR status in Canada, and uses Canada as a " stepping stone" to get into the US. I'm not saying your doing that, kinda depends on your country of citizenship, but that was the trick a while ago. Canada was easier to get residence in than the US, so people would go thru Canada first. Don't think it happens much anymore, but years ago it did.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline

Can someone help with the processing stages.

Our K1 application was mailed via USPS on 28th Feb and reached the Dallas lockbox on 4th, when should I be getting some acknowledgement of receipt?

Is this the NOA1, the first stage of the processing steps? When should I expect to get this.

Would our file be processed at California centre as the petitioner is from California, how does that work.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nishris said:

Our K1 application was mailed via USPS on 28th Feb and reached the Dallas lockbox on 4th, when should I be getting some acknowledgement of receipt?

Is this the NOA1, the first stage of the processing steps? When should I expect to get this.

Would our file be processed at California centre as the petitioner is from California, how does that work.

Thanks in advance.

Select Menu in the top right corner and go to Guides>Immigration Guides. There is a guide for K1, a flow chart and a bunch of other info.

Edited by E&W

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nishris said:

Thanks in advance.

Mine was mailed on the Feb 28th as well, it was received on the 3rd... Expect 2 weeks before receiving the NOA1.. And Yes, it will more than likely be sent to the California center in Laguna.. 

Been down this road before, hopefully it's my last. 

Timeline

We got a text message for Receipt No. It starts with WAC, does it not mean the NOA1 correct. I believe this is as we submitted the G-1145 for Notification of Acceptance of petition. Does this mean the application package is good for processing and nothing is missing. Any comments.

Edited by Nishris

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 3/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, Nishris said:

We got a text message for Receipt No. It starts with WAC, does it not mean the NOA1 correct. I believe this is as we submitted the G-1145 for Notification of Acceptance of petition. Does this mean the application package is good for processing and nothing is missing. Any comments.

I Like to see as an informal NOA1. They are letting you know that your case has been assigned number and which service center has it (california) and also that it passed the initial review; Correct form submitted, signed  and correct fee issued. So relax and let time do the rest :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.