Greenbaum

MARCH 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

694 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

Thanks for the reminder. I haven’t changed it from Peru yet until I get final confirmation that it is going to Colombia. As of right now it is still routed to go to Peru and the NVC has not given me a clear answer on whether they will reroute it or send it to Peru. If it goes to Peru we will determine what we want to do as far as my fiancé either going back to Peru or waiting for it to get transferred. 

The last update I received from the embassy in Colombia is that they are not even processing CR1 unless it is listed as an emergency. They seem to be pretty locked down still. I totally understand the reasoning behind it all, it is just that the waiting and wondering makes you feel a bit like you are losing your mind some days 🤣 

I know there was a statement put out that embassies could make K1 a priority (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-notice-for-k-visa-applicants-affected-by-covid-19.html) but it seems to be worded more as “optional” and only for embassies that have resumed full processing. It will be interesting to see if it is put into place. 

The Philippines consulate cannot open till the national government and local barangays (local officials) say it's safe for their citizens to travel. There are so many entities that are involved in the reopening and I'm sorry to say it's just that easy to walk over to the door and put the key in the lock. It's difficult for those who are pursuing a K-1 as it feels that you have been left behind. Your desire is to start a "family" and that starts with getting the visa so you can be with your fiancé or fiancée. It's hard! You need to stay strong. 

I was just talking with my 26-year-old daughter about friendships and such. She was in town as there are 7 couples who have rented this huge home on a beautiful lake. These are friends of her BF and he has known these guys since he was 12. They have created a bond ship through the years of primary education and through college. They of course do it through different means, like FB, WeChat or zoom. I told her how lucky she was with the technology we have in this day and age. I explained that I have no relationship with anyone from my school years as we didn't have the technology that she has today.

So, this is a long reply to your answer back to me but to summarize I find it best to keep busy. Plan your "facetime" and be grateful that you have ways of staying connected through these unprecedented times we are in. I find that there is someone out there that has it worse than me. There are some who are into this process a year, two years and some further than that. Can't explain it but we just need to count our blessings that it's not us. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

@Greenbaum we just received our K1 approval in Switzerland. What group should I move to next within visajourney? I updated my profile to reflect the approval date

8 hours ago, Chad and Yoli said:

@Greenbaum we just received our K1 approval in Switzerland. What group should I move to next within visajourney? I updated my profile to reflect the approval date

I don't have a P3 letter for your embassy but on their website, they give all the instructions. If you get a P3 emailed to you from the embassy would you care to share it with me so I can share with others who come behind, you? :thumbs:

To apply for a fiancée visa, follow the steps on the Fiancé(e) Visa Process on usvisas.state.gov.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#1

Paying the fee: https://ch.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/fee/

Join the sub-forum for your region on VJ found here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/95-europe-amp-eurasia-except-the-uk-and-russia/

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

@Greenbaum here are the P3 documents that were sent to us from the Bern embassy. I updated my profile to reflect the dates received. Thank you for your assistance. 

Notes about medical:

- She initially tried to use the German doctor in Zurich, but he was insistent she have 100% of her vaccinations prior interview. He would not take her tetanus for some reason, which was completed 6 months prior. He even overlooked one other vaccine and she had to point out that she had the vaccine. She couldn’t remember having chickenpox as a child, so she selected “no” initially. After speaking with her mother, she did in fact have chickenpox, but he wanted additional bloodwork.  We spoke with the embassy and they confirmed vaccinations were not necessary until AOS. She switched to the doctor in Luzern. She was told the Luzern doctor is not on their official list, but he was an approved doctor for the embassy. This doctor and his staff was very pleasant and the medical was seamless. 

Notes from interview:

- She arrived at the embassy gate and was questioned by guard to produce medical document. Since it was a 2 week turnaround, the doctor had not provided her the medical document yet. The guard gave her a little trouble, but she was allowed to enter the embassy. 
- Her mother was with her to watch her personal items, while she and her son went through process. 
- They went into a small room and she met with an embassy employee to do the data entry and confirm documentation. 
- The next step was meeting with adjudication officer. It was a standing setting (kind of like going to a bank teller and separated by a glass). 
- The embassy officer was extremely nice and compassionate about children. 
- Topics discussed: when we met (appreciated we have known each other for 15 years), where we live in TX, questions about my parents and siblings. Very easy questions. 
- She was told she was approved and would wait to process completely once medical arrived. 
- We were informed of the required additional waiver that would be needed due to Coronavirus and Schengen Zone. It is good until the end of the year, but the officer did not know what rules changes would happen January 1, if Coronavirus continues to plague Europe. 

I hope this helps and if I can provide additional information, please let me know. Thank you again. 

Fiance Visa Payment.doc Form-DS2000.doc K1-K3-Instruction.doc

@Chad and Yoli  Thank you for the documents. I will create a PDF to share with others. Your generosity is appreceated. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Little update for the March filing Crew, 

I received my interview date today from Montreal 🇨🇦 !

November 18th is my interview date! 😳

2 hours ago, ashley_ann said:

Little update for the March filing Crew, 

I received my interview date today from Montreal 🇨🇦 !

November 18th is my interview date! 😳

Wow! Canada is moving along. I thought they would not start till next year. That is great news. Did you get the P3 or P4 letter from them?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Wow! Canada is moving along. I thought they would not start till next year. That is great news. Did you get the P3 or P4 letter from them?

Got the P3 about October 8th and just got an email to register and pay the MRV fee yesterday.

The consulate is scheduling the interviews for people at this time. It seems to be in this order for people:

1. P3

2. Email to register and pay, at the end of this process you find out your interview date and time they have scheduled for you.

With the instruction letter that is sent after this it seems most places offering medicals are accepting this to show an interview is scheduled. 

3. P4 (seems to be emailed out a week before the interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Does anyone know where I can find information regarding K1 visa holders entering United States at this time? The embassy says to check with DHS. There is no phone number for DHS and no clarity.

2 hours ago, Kariz said:

Does anyone know where I can find information regarding K1 visa holders entering United States at this time? The embassy says to check with DHS. There is no phone number for DHS and no clarity.

1. In the threads for consulates. Use the guide from the blue ribbon at the top of the this page select forums and scroll down till you see it.

2. Use Google search.

3. Use the immigration timeline tab on the top of the page.

4. If your interested in a specific country that a visa was issued from a country use the BR and scroll down 3/4 of the page for your country or region.

I'm out of breath. So many suggestions.  Good luck.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

@Greenbaum Is Juarez still sending out Packet 3's? My NOA2 was approved in March but never received the p3. I know you can download it (I have it from greenbaum) but it says you may not schedule appointment until you receive it from the embassy.

7 hours ago, StarSeed1 said:

@Greenbaum Is Juarez still sending out Packet 3's? My NOA2 was approved in March but never received the p3. I know you can download it (I have it from greenbaum) but it says you may not schedule appointment until you receive it from the embassy.

What is your status on ceac.state.gov?  That will tell you if your file is at Juarez. Yes, the embassy is still contacting the beneficiary with confirmation they have your file, and you can begin the process of getting your required documents together.

Also, you should be a part of the conversation be of the conversation over in your regional sub-forum for your country found here

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

And there is chatter in this thread about the status of Juarez

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/745299-ciudad-juarez-interviews/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

What is your status on ceac.state.gov?  That will tell you if your file is at Juarez. Yes, the embassy is still contacting the beneficiary with confirmation they have your file, and you can begin the process of getting your required documents together.

Also, you should be a part of the conversation be of the conversation over in your regional sub-forum for your country found here

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

And there is chatter in this thread about the status of Juarez

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/745299-ciudad-juarez-interviews/

Thanks for the reply. Status has said ready since March 16 2020. They did not contact her through email or phone. What would be the best way to reach out to them?

57 minutes ago, StarSeed1 said:

Thanks for the reply. Status has said ready since March 16 2020. They did not contact her through email or phone. What would be the best way to reach out to them?

Check the embassy website to see if they are completing K-1 interviews. If yes, then send an email to the embassy. See if you can find an email address that doesn't go to a general mailbox. You want customer service or the like. Use something in the subject line that will get their attention like "CEAC status states "Ready" since 3-16-2020. And then ask you question in the body of the email. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Check the embassy website to see if they are completing K-1 interviews. If yes, then send an email to the embassy. See if you can find an email address that doesn't go to a general mailbox. You want customer service or the like. Use something in the subject line that will get their attention like "CEAC status states "Ready" since 3-16-2020. And then ask you question in the body of the email. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.