90DayFinancier

Trump defends China's alleged cover-up of coronavirus victims: 'You don't want the world to go crazy'

10 posts in this topic

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

without evidence disease will 'go away' by April

Donald Trump has launched an extraordinary defence of China’s alleged attempts to cover-up the extent of the spread of coronavirus

The US president, who has claimed without evidence the virus will likely “go away” by April, said Beijing has handled the epidemic “very professionally”, despite accusations the country had attempted to suppress information about the crisis.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-trump-china-wuhan-hubei-epidemic-president-xi-xinping-a9337266.html

1 hour ago, 90DayFinancier said:

without evidence disease will 'go away' by April

Donald Trump has launched an extraordinary defence of China’s alleged attempts to cover-up the extent of the spread of coronavirus

The US president, who has claimed without evidence the virus will likely “go away” by April, said Beijing has handled the epidemic “very professionally”, despite accusations the country had attempted to suppress information about the crisis.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-trump-china-wuhan-hubei-epidemic-president-xi-xinping-a9337266.html

TBH I am scared enough already that I canceled a move to Singapore. Not to mention that they think that the numbers are at least double what the PRC are putting out. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

TBH I am scared enough already that I canceled a move to Singapore. Not to mention that they think that the numbers are at least double what the PRC are putting out. 

Oh aren't you going to run for congress?

If the Chinese government knew how quickly or how widely this would spread, then it was a huge mistake not to release that information. Many of the people stuck on cruise ships or in quarantine facilities may have cancelled trips all together if they knew how much greater and faster this would turn into an epidemic. 

When I was younger, covering up events of this magnitude was possible. In the modern world it is not. Either you get conspiracy theories that get out of control, or it gets blown open by someone on the inside. If they tried to cover up anything, it was a mistake. 

I don't think this is going away. I think the hope of it diminishing in April is that the virus will not spread as easy when the temperature starts to warm, so new cases may be slower to appear or perhaps stop completely. Even if that does happen though, chances are good it will be back next season.

Edited by Steeleballz

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

7 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Oh aren't you going to run for congress?

Well I got offered a job to Singapore back in October and I was doing processing for that. But that have many cases of coronavirus there

Then in December I sat down with the local Republican party about running for Congress because the district got redrawn so the incumbent didn't want to run anymore because it leans Democrat now. They flat out informed me that someone else who I greatly respect was going to run for the seat, and they asked if I would run for the seat if I was given a spot on his committee on regards to veteran and immigration issues. So I agreed to it with the caveat that I will run on 2022 if he doesn't get it. 

So we shall see what happens in November. I am only 36 so I got time. But I did say that they will have a branding issue because he is a older white guy with no military experience. When four out five of the Democrats are black, and one of them is a former Marine as well. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
16 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Well I got offered a job to Singapore back in October and I was doing processing for that. But that have many cases of coronavirus there

Then in December I sat down with the local Republican party about running for Congress because the district got redrawn so the incumbent didn't want to run anymore because it leans Democrat now. They flat out informed me that someone else who I greatly respect was going to run for the seat, and they asked if I would run for the seat if I was given a spot on his committee on regards to veteran and immigration issues. So I agreed to it with the caveat that I will run on 2022 if he doesn't get it. 

So we shall see what happens in November. I am only 36 so I got time. But I did say that they will have a branding issue because he is a older white guy with no military experience. When four out five of the Democrats are black, and one of them is a former Marine as well. 

That is a good plan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
18 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I am only 36

You can already run for President, whereas Alexandria Occasional-Cortex cannot. :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

7 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

You can already run for President, whereas Alexandria Occasional-Cortex cannot. :dance: 

You are going to get AOC in trouble TBone. Legally she has to reside in NY, but it's becoming obvious that she is living rent free in your head at the moment.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

11 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

What's funny is that I just got out from early voting for the NC primaries on March 3rd. I figured that I got the day off and I got the time so I might as well vote. it only took me 10 minutes to do it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

she is living rent free in your head at the moment

Only Occasionally, and only in part of my Cortex.

But we thank you for your concern, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).