sidmando

Question regarding cancelled tourist visa

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
4 hours ago, Unlockable said:

OK. I had to laugh at this one...

Do they really think that the only way to track a passport is physically??? Take a look at the passport image. It is filled with security and tracking measures including a way to scan it with a laser. A passport is tied to a person even if they lose the old one. The US government has limitless amounts of servers and computers that save passport data (and other personal data but that is a discussion for another thread). I can't believe that people think simply getting another passport will erase their travel history or identity.

Golly gee, please forgive me for asking a simple question. I'm sure you've never asked a stupid question in your life, right? Perhaps rather than laugh at someone who is making a genuine effort to understand an important but complicated process you could have a little more compassion. Or maybe not. In any case, the helpful advice I received from others was worth the annoyance of having to read your condescending response. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 hours ago, sidmando said:

Lastly, some people have advised us to have her apply for a new passport (so the cancelled visa won't appear). Is this good advice?

Ignore those mocking your question. Too many know it alls here sometimes. To answer your question YES, it is good advice depending on purpose. Let me explain why.

If you’re changing passports so that USA (or some Five Eyes members) won’t know about the previous removal, it is not going to work because that information is in a database linked with her biometrics and other data. Similarly it won’t work if applying to other Five Eyes countries with which the USA shares data.

However if for example she’s going to be applying for a visa to countries which neither explicitly ask if you’ve been deported/removed from another country nor share such data with the USA (there are many of such countries including the Schengen treaty members), then with a new passport they would not know and hence she will have no black mark.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

Hope this helps.

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

13 hours ago, sidmando said:

Golly gee, please forgive me for asking a simple question. I'm sure you've never asked a stupid question in your life, right? Perhaps rather than laugh at someone who is making a genuine effort to understand an important but complicated process you could have a little more compassion. Or maybe not. In any case, the helpful advice I received from others was worth the annoyance of having to read your condescending response. 

My apologies if it came off like that. My comment was not about you but rather the people who were advising you as you stated in your first post. That is why I said "they" in my first sentence. Again, the intent was not to mock you and it was not even directed to you or the question. It was to make you aware of the people ill advising you. The point I was making was that the US government has advanced technology for data capture and storage, to which simply renewing a passport cannot by-pass. And I agree that it could have been worded better so it would read better.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

@sidmando Unfortunately I dont have any specific advice, but I still wanted to show my support with what you are going through. I am a peruvian citizen currently in the process and I have been using my 10 year B1/B2 visa to come in an out for the almost 5 years I've been with my husband, so I can only imagine what it must have been  for your wife to be denied entrance and get the visa cancelled. Last few times I came in since we filed the I130 I couldn't sleep the night before travelling just thinking of this. We also filed everything without a lawyer to cut expenses, but maybe it would be worth for you to look into getting some legal advice on how to best approach this unfortunate situation.

Best of luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.