Cecilia & Jorge

I130 cases transferred to vermont 2020 (merged)

631 posts in this topic

I am a US citizen living in the US and i filed a 1-130 for my husband who is currently overseas. I filed it on FEB 20 and i was just told that my case was transferred from Texas service center to Vermont service center. I did not receive any notification via mail or my USCIS website. Im so confused because they say they transfer cases for faster processing times but Texas processing times are 6-7.5 months and for Vermont it is 21-27 months, according to USCIS processing times. Thats so much longer. Is anyone else in this position or was? I did not anticipate it to take this long since its already been 6 months and i'm a US citizen applying for my husband.  

On 9/1/2020 at 7:18 AM, podeena said:

Hi everyone just want to share my update called uscis  a week ago spoke with tier 2 told me that my case is transferred to field office ny on May 8 and they will make a decision on our case no more info after that 🤔 any one have a experience about this situation what's next?? What is field office function in this ? it's been 302 days since petition filed 😔.

Same here. I spoke to a USCIS agent and he told that my case was forwarded to local field office on July 1st and that they should make a decision within 90 days. My guess is that it was transferred to schedule a interview; We will see 🤞 . Hope you hear from your field office soon!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, sar sha said:

I am a US citizen living in the US and i filed a 1-130 for my husband who is currently overseas. I filed it on FEB 20 and i was just told that my case was transferred from Texas service center to Vermont service center. I did not receive any notification via mail or my USCIS website. Im so confused because they say they transfer cases for faster processing times but Texas processing times are 6-7.5 months and for Vermont it is 21-27 months, according to USCIS processing times. Thats so much longer. Is anyone else in this position or was? I did not anticipate it to take this long since its already been 6 months and i'm a US citizen applying for my husband.  

In order to avoid misinformation from others, I would suggest you to stick to the USCIS website for updates and processing times. They update their processing times monthly, not weekly. If your case is in VSC then expect their processing times for your NOA2. If you're extremely lucky, you might get your NOA2 sooner than expected but that's rare. 

2 minutes ago, Kuchiki said:

In order to avoid misinformation from others, I would suggest you to stick to the USCIS website for updates and processing times. They update their processing times monthly, not weekly. If your case is in VSC then expect their processing times for your NOA2. If you're extremely lucky, you might get your NOA2 sooner than expected but that's rare. 

Are you also in this situation? Do you mind sharing your time frame of your case 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Lena03 said:

Same here. I spoke to a USCIS agent and he told that my case was forwarded to local field office on July 1st and that they should make a decision within 90 days. My guess is that it was transferred to schedule a interview; We will see 🤞 . Hope you hear from your field office soon!

Thank you I hope and pray you and all other October's filler will approve  soon 🙏🙏🙏. Not sure about interview bc my partner isn't in US 🤔 do you mean petitioner interview? Do u know anyone  who is petitioner and called by uscis for interview in US before approval of i130.

30 minutes ago, podeena said:

Thank you I hope and pray you and all other October's filler will approve  soon 🙏🙏🙏. Not sure about interview bc my partner isn't in US 🤔 do you mean petitioner interview? Do u know anyone  who is petitioner and called by uscis for interview in US before approval of i130.

Back in the days you could do an infopass appointment to get info from local field offices. Now, sadly, it's a frustrating wait game. I'm not aware of petitioners being called for interviews; it should be the beneficiary who has to go through interview if not in the US. In our case, my partner resides in the US but has an immigration case administratively closed for 6 years now. Our lawyer told us that because he was in removal proceedings years ago, we'd have to file I-30 first and either expect an interview from USCIS or a RFE. They should make a decision after that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.