Chilindas

POTOMAC (YSC) I-751 Non Transferred Filers ONLY...

1,263 posts in this topic

I originally called to inquire about the extension letter for my wife's 751. After I got that information the rep asked if there was anything else. I asked if she could provide any updates on the N400. I didn't expect any information beyond what is on the website but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. But around the forum I had read of others inquiring and being told more details. Hope you get some good news!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello again. So I finally got everything in for the RFE and they updated the status to “received” 26 days ago. I recall that they have 60 days from that update to render a decision, correct?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I-751 NOA - February 25th 2020

Previous fingerprints used for Biometrics 

No Interview

I-751 Approved -  Dated October 20th 2021

10 year Greencard received- Dated October 22nd 2021

I am not sure what exact day I received the mail. It didn't even show up on my informed delivery. 

I also did a service request online to find out the status of my case on October 18th 2021. 

Filed I751 November 7 2020.    Wife had to get fingerprints again which she did in April.   No updates since. 

YSC service center

Almost 1 full year and still no 10 year green card.   We have been married for 4 years now so this whole ROC process is quite stupid that we have to prove to some stranger that we are married.   

IMO should be automatic waiver of interview if they can't process in a year as it subverts the entire point if they can drag this out despite being married all this time.    So essentially they can now make people wait 4 damn years to remove conditions after getting conditional GC.       

1 hour ago, I751&waiting said:

Filed I751 November 7 2020.    Wife had to get fingerprints again which she did in April.   No updates since. 

YSC service center

Almost 1 full year and still no 10 year green card.   We have been married for 4 years now so this whole ROC process is quite stupid that we have to prove to some stranger that we are married.   

IMO should be automatic waiver of interview if they can't process in a year as it subverts the entire point if they can drag this out despite being married all this time.    So essentially they can now make people wait 4 damn years to remove conditions after getting conditional GC.       

Have you filed the N400? I filed removal December 2020. Last update was biometrics re-used March 2021. I’m going to file N400 at the end of the month. Literally no point waiting on this to come, I think YSC is at 23 months now. 

26 minutes ago, James T said:

Have you filed the N400? I filed removal December 2020. Last update was biometrics re-used March 2021. I’m going to file N400 at the end of the month. Literally no point waiting on this to come, I think YSC is at 23 months now. 

Nope we are conflicted on if doing the N400 now will cause a delay.    Is there a way to get a stamp in the passport or the 24 month extension letter now as not sure who/how to contact a live person at USCIS.    My wife is concerned if this gets to 18 months as she's working so impacts her job, drivers license, yada yada and not sure how to get extension.

Very frustrating process to say the least.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:59 PM, Me and her said:

So, when did the processing times for YSC change?  It is now 23.5 months?!!  

This is frightening and depressing at the same time.   At some point the only way is for them to just waive it.    Anyone whos married and not processed at 18 months should be automatic approval IMO as it's a scam to turn the conditional process into a FOUR year adventure.    Even with Covid this is unacceptable.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, Rosa Garcia said:

Few days ago...

I bet next year they will increase it to 30 months.  😕

It actually already is past that.   If you choose "all field offices" it gives you a range of 22 to 36 months.     

8 minutes ago, I751&waiting said:

Nope we are conflicted on if doing the N400 now will cause a delay.    Is there a way to get a stamp in the passport or the 24 month extension letter now as not sure who/how to contact a live person at USCIS.    My wife is concerned if this gets to 18 months as she's working so impacts her job, drivers license, yada yada and not sure how to get extension.

Very frustrating process to say the least.

I do not think it will impact her working unless she wanted to switch jobs. She is still a legal permanent resident, just the proof of it would be expired. I think you call the USCIS number and say technical problem a couple of times and you should be able to get to a human. I think they will only give you info pass for the stamp within 30 days of the 18 month extension letter expiring. As YSC is at 23 months we are unfortunately well within processing times. I’m going to file N400, yes it’s another $700 ish, but i just want to be done with all this so I never have to deal with it again. It also may speed up the process. 

4 minutes ago, James T said:

I do not think it will impact her working unless she wanted to switch jobs. She is still a legal permanent resident, just the proof of it would be expired. I think you call the USCIS number and say technical problem a couple of times and you should be able to get to a human. I think they will only give you info pass for the stamp within 30 days of the 18 month extension letter expiring. As YSC is at 23 months we are unfortunately well within processing times. I’m going to file N400, yes it’s another $700 ish, but i just want to be done with all this so I never have to deal with it again. It also may speed up the process. 

Yeah she's inside the 90 day window for the 3 years to file her N400.    I know she's reluctant and worried about having it impact the ROC so not sure if it does or does not impact the timing but right there with you on never wanting to deal with this again.   

14 minutes ago, AArQ said:

Would like to share my experience:

I-751 submitted 2/26/2020

N-400 submitted 3/1/2021

Combo interview on 10/25, passed and oath two days later.

Glad I applied for N-400 and I am done dealing with USCIS!

Best of luck to those still with pending applications.

What office did you have your interview/oath? 

16 hours ago, James T said:

I just spoke to USCIS and was able to request an appointment for the 551 stamp 60 days in advance of the expiration of my wife's extension letter. Norfolk, VA office. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone. My day finally came! Filed in March 2020, fingerprints taken May 2020, my extension letter ran out September 2021 and I had an InfoPass appointment which got me a 1-year stamp in my passport. Today I get the email to say my card is being produced and will be mailed to me. I’m so happy! So there is hope for all of us at YSC. Hang in there, your time is coming 🙂

Next stop, citizenship. I hadn’t applied yet mostly because of the cost but I will get that all together soon. 

good luck everyone and keep the faith 🙂

Edited by Adam D
Added more info

On 10/31/2021 at 1:09 PM, SeaKat said:

We have not received the 24 mo extension letter either. Called CIS last week and they told me that they would NOT be automatically sending the extension letter, and we had to call back within 60 days of the 18 month extension expiration. This is a change (to me, at least) from 30 days. I confirmed the 60 days with the rep. Will be calling to scheduled stamp appointment in the next week. Wife's extension letter expires Jan 2.

On another note, regarding N-400 (filed in April, 2021) the rep told me that they have "asked for an appointment and are waiting on availability" not sure what this means, if anything....still waiting.

thanks for sharing...what number did you call / options did you press to talk to a person? i need to call them up soon, my extension letter's 60 days window is coming up soon.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.