Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, John hobo said:

I am so worried, my husband's interview is next week ,I dont know if I should postpone it for now.am scared of the outcome.

I don’t know how the spousal application works. Doesn’t your petition have an expiry date. The K1 petition has one and you have to have an interview before it expires. I think you should go ahead with your interview you’re one step closer to receiving a visa either through a waiver or when the ban is lifted. 

2 minutes ago, damdam77 said:

My family will be having our interview on Monday and I will leave you to guess how we feel right now. But the question I really wanted to ask is this, I called the Embassy customer care lines at least twice since the ban was announced on the 31st and both times they said we shouldn't worry and that we should just attend our interviews yada yada yada. I wonder if it makes any sense it makes to continue to string people along or 'manage' people that have spent so much time and resources over a process that exists by law and which just got torpedoed over a whim?

I agree that attending the interview is the best course at this time. No interview = no visa. Interview = possibility for a waiver at least.

2 minutes ago, damdam77 said:

So what happens to all the money spent if this happens? Also will there be legal grounds for redress?

No refunds. Unfortunately, the fees only cover the costs to get a decision, not to get a favorable one.

Somebody could challenge it, but I highly doubt there will be success given that SCOTUS already ruled on the former one and upheld it.

1 minute ago, NatashaK1 said:

I don’t know how the spousal application works. Doesn’t your petition have an expiry date. The K1 petition has one and you have to have an interview before it expires. I think you should go ahead with your interview you’re one step closer to receiving a visa either through a waiver or when the ban is lifted. 

I-130s do not expire like an I-129F.

They can be sent back to NVC after so long, then the NRC, then destroyed.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, damdam77 said:

Hi guys, I'm new on this thread. My family will be having our interview on Monday and I will leave you to guess how we feel right now. But the question I really wanted to ask is this, I called the Embassy customer care lines at least twice since the ban was announced on the 31st and both times they said we shouldn't worry and that we should just attend our interviews yada yada yada. I wonder if it makes any sense to continue to string people along or 'manage' people that have spent so much time, emotions and resources over a process that exists by law and which just got torpedoed over a whim? Forgive me for this, but I'm really finding it difficult to wrap my head around that. So what happens to all the money spent if this happens? Also will there be legal grounds for redress or compensation? Sorry if this sounds extreme but shouldn't we also think ahead of the curb? #JustAsking

Trust me I understand how you feel!!! There will be no compensation because they feel they have a solution which is the waiver or till the ban is lifted. It’s a nightmare that could add several months or a year to this waiting game. 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, damdam77 said:

Hi guys, I'm new on this thread. My family will be having our interview on Monday and I will leave you to guess how we feel right now. But the question I really wanted to ask is this, I called the Embassy customer care lines at least twice since the ban was announced on the 31st and both times they said we shouldn't worry and that we should just attend our interviews yada yada yada. I wonder if it makes any sense to continue to string people along or 'manage' people that have spent so much time, emotions and resources over a process that exists by law and which just got torpedoed over a whim? Forgive me for this, but I'm really finding it difficult to wrap my head around that. So what happens to all the money spent if this happens? Also will there be legal grounds for redress or compensation? Sorry if this sounds extreme but shouldn't we also think ahead of the curb? #JustAsking

I can imagine how you feel right now. It's so sad and frustrating this is happening after years of waiting. I wish you and your family all the best at your interview on Monday. Pls keep us posted on how it goes.

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
2 hours ago, damdam77 said:

You ain't alone on this thought. Mine is next week and I'm already feeling hopeless. I honestly dont know what to say or do. My Hubby has his parents also in the state that he cares for. My mom is also there stranded with no major help. My citizen daughter was hoping to start enjoying the American dream and we live as one big family. Doctors are arguing me to quickly take in as I have Polystic ovarian cyst. Meanwhile, my hubby doesn't have a child. He has been so depressed lately.

This is so unkind 😭😭😭😭😭

9 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

You ain't alone on this thought. Mine is next week and I'm already feeling hopeless. I honestly dont know what to say or do. My Hubby has his parents also in the state that he cares for. My mom is also there stranded with no major help. My citizen daughter was hoping to start enjoying the American dream and we live as one big family. Doctors are arguing me to quickly take in as I have Polystic ovarian cyst. Meanwhile, my hubby doesn't have a child. He has been so depressed lately.

This is so unkind 😭😭😭😭😭

Please go to the interview with all your hospital paperwork, doctor's notes and all. It might help with the waiver too

For those going to interview on Monday. Give it all your best, don't worry if you are going to be accepted or not. Talk as if it's your last, offer to show documents even if no one asks. Make sure you try to offer all the documents you have with you. 

Then for those stuck in the waiting game. The Nigerian Immigration has met with the requirements the USA wants with their new e-passport which will go into effect in march.

Read more here https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/how-justifiable-is-us-visa-ban-on-nigerians/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Davie92 said:

For those going to interview on Monday. Give it all your best, don't worry if you are going to be accepted or not. Talk as if it's your last, offer to show documents even if no one asks. Make sure you try to offer all the documents you have with you. 

Then for those stuck in the waiting game. The Nigerian Immigration has met with the requirements the USA wants with their new e-passport which will go into effect in march.

Read more here https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/how-justifiable-is-us-visa-ban-on-nigerians/

Will go into effect or has been into effect since March 2019. Read correctly 

21 minutes ago, Skin said:

Please I want to find out if the  Trump implementation Ban to Nigeria will affect my immigrant petition I filed for my brother since 2011

It does not stop the process until the beneficiary gets interviewed.  If the ban is still in effect the CO can recommend a waiver or put it in Administrative Processing.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline

Hello guys,

Please let's know what happened at the embassy after your interview. We need a guide. My interview is on the 4th of March, 2020.

We need to share experiences and possible solution if any.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Does not matter how long you have filed as far as he does not have the visa in has passport yet he will be affected after he has successfully going through interview and the ban is still in place. But as you have been told already, Its possible to apply for a waiver

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.