Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, NigeriaorBust said:

The Nigerian house has no influence on the US ban. 

Stop passing out negative vibes. Your comments have not been helpful. We are prayerful and hopeful that this ban would be lifted soon.

*** Moderator warning.

People are posting their opinion on this site and are free to do so. Do NOT tell other not to post or what to post or administrative action will be taken. As long as the post adheres to the site's TOS guidelines, people are free to post.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

*** Moderator warning.

People are posting their opinion on this site and are free to do so. Do NOT tell other not to post or what to post or administrative action will be taken. As long as the post adheres to the site's TOS guidelines, people are free to post.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please Am new here,I need help please.My husband's interview is on the 3rd of march after the effective date of the ban.should he attain theinterview or should he wait until the ban is lifted.what other options do I have.Thanks

Option 1)

Attend the interview. Be refused the visa. Possibly get the chance for a waiver. Wait for a waiver decision.

Or not be recommended for a waiver and hope + wait for the ban to be lifted.

Option 2)

Don't attend the interview. Visa cannot be issued. Waiver cannot apply.

The decision seems pretty clear to me.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

7 minutes ago, Danova said:

Here’s what I stumbled upon today regarding the ban... let just pray it’s within a month.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/11/us-immigration-ban-will-be-resolved-in-single-digit-month-us-ambassador-to-nigeria/

Single digit month = 1-9 months (Edit: excluding 0 here on purpose...extremely unlikely at best).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline

My interview is on the 4th of March, 2020. I spoke to someone at the Lagos Embassy today and was told that, as at today, there is no information whatsoever, to stop interviewing or giving out appointments.

She said, should they have any information, they will contact each applicant. 

Same thing NVC reiterated the last time we spoke 

Let's see what happens at the Embassy on the 23rd of February, 2020.

Timeline

I have read so many post on this thread and I am a bit confused. According to the official proclamation, it takes effect Feb 21st 12:00 EST, but I keep seeing people here saying Feb 22nd. My question is will the embassy in Lagos issue visa on the 21st of February. Please I need clarification. I have been waiting since 2011 for my F1 family visa and it all comes to these. 😢😢

Timeline
On 2/3/2020 at 9:10 PM, designguy said:

As of now the ban is to be implemented Feb 22. As of that date Nigerians are banned from immigrating to the US without a waiver. A waiver can be recommended at the time of his interview. There is nothing at this point that can be done so one should just proceed as things may still change

The proclamation say Feb 21st why are you saying Feb 22nd?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Danova said:

It’s Feb 21st bro, but because of the Nigeria time zone difference, it’s going to fall on Feb 22nd 

Feb 21st 12:00 EST time is Feb 21st 6am in Nigeria. Are you saying when the consulate opens  at 8:00am, they will disregard the proclamation? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Angel4love said:

My interview is on the 4th of March, 2020. I spoke to someone at the Lagos Embassy today and was told that, as at today, there is no information whatsoever, to stop interviewing or giving out appointments.

She said, should they have any information, they will contact each applicant. 

Same thing NVC reiterated the last time we spoke 

Let's see what happens at the Embassy on the 23rd of February, 2020.

The ban won't stop the process, it's just likely that no visa will be issued or it will be put on hold until the ban is lifted, unless a miracle happens with the compliance of security issues from the banned countries. Waivers are rare I think and hard to get.

Timeline

I have read so many post on this thread and I am a bit confused. According to the official proclamation, it takes effect Feb 21st 12:01am EST, but I keep seeing people here saying Feb 22nd. My question is will the embassy in Lagos issue visa on the 21st of February. Please I need clarification. I have been waiting since 2011 for my F1 family visa and it all comes to these. 😢😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.