dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2020

725 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
4 hours ago, reashamoriba said:

Well it looks like NVC has finished scheduling for Senegal for March interview dates.  They issued yesterday the dates.  Now wait to hear in March for April Interview.

DQ 12/10/2019

PD 12/03/2018

I thought they sent out interviews over a few days. 

"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave." - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
34 minutes ago, wifidolly said:

I thought they sent out interviews over a few days. 

ok I thought they was done yesterday.  Let hope they send the rest of the week.

This is to confirm that the administrative processing of your case has been completed has been rescheduled to retake the oath ..............

• New Police record with English translation
  • New Court record with English translation
  • New photo 5/5
  • New medical examination
  • Original marriage certificate

.that's mean good news? Do I have to translation original marriage certificate?????thanks

Hello guys

A couple of doubts xP hoping @dwheels76 or someone else can clarify them!

I received my cr1 visa stamped to my passport today.

It says IV expires 26 July. Does that refer to the date before which I should enter USA?

Secondly, it says at the bottom "evidencing permanent residence for 1 year". Does that mean this Visa is valid only for a year? Coz i thot we got the CR1 for 2 years after which we got the 10yr card..?

Sorry I'm jus trying to understand this!

Edited by Sharon124

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sharon124 said:

Hello guys

It says IV expires 26 July. Does that refer to the date before which I should enter USA?

Secondly, it says at the bottom "evidencing permanent residence for 1 year". Does that mean this Visa is valid only for a year? Coz i thot we got the CR1 for 2 years after which we got the 10yr card..?

The stamp in your passport is a green card valid for a year until you get the physical one. You are cr1 statused because you haven't had your two year anniversary I presume. 

Hello guys

The stamp in your passport is a green card valid for a year until you get the physical one. You are cr1 statused because you haven't had your two year anniversary I presume. 

Timeline

Hello guys

Timeline

Hello guys

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Sharon124 said:

And also, I didnt receive any packet from the consulate. I got the physical copy of my medical from the hospital tho. 

Does that mean I shud jus take that with me to hand over to the immigration officer in the  US?

If u did it on ceac the form is electronically sent and available at the POE 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Sharon124 said:

And also, I didnt receive any packet from the consulate. I got the physical copy of my medical from the hospital tho. 

Does that mean I shud jus take that with me to hand over to the immigration officer in the  US?

We got a sticker on ours saying that everything is digital and the packet has already been sent ahead. Bring the physical copy of your medical with you.

39 minutes ago, Sharon124 said:

Hello guys

You have to enter the states before 26 July, if not, they will consider your green card abandoned.

The visa sticker in your passport is valid for a year, howver you will get the actual green card before that expires so you dont have to worry about that expiring 

Can we start looking for work as soon as we arrive in the US since the stamped on the visa is a green card? Or do we have to wait until we receive the physical one?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

Can we start looking for work as soon as we arrive in the US since the stamped on the visa is a green card? Or do we have to wait until we receive the physical one?

Based on what I have read we can it's more the social we have to wait on 

On 2/12/2020 at 11:54 AM, Caresse33 said:

What is the D-160 number, I need it to register for my appointment in order for them to return the document.

Check the bottom of your visa application (ds-260)confirmation. It's likely the system won't recognise your details just yet because it takes a few days from receiving the interview letter for your file to be registered by the London embassy 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

You can use the stamped visa in your passport as a temp greencard, but you can't start any work until you have a social. once you get that then youre all set

31 minutes ago, razorontour said:

Check the bottom of your visa application (ds-260)confirmation. It's likely the system won't recognise your details just yet because it takes a few days from receiving the interview letter for your file to be registered by the London embassy 

Yeah so I heard,  I will try again over the next few days. Have you had your medical yet, would like to hear about the experience? Mine is schedule for 24th Feb 2020. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.