Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
abdo1

3rd interview at casablanca consulate

26 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi guys my visa category IR1 my case never returned, first interview  was march 2019 , second was on august 2019, 3rd interview was on NOV 2019 with two moroccan men, at the end of interview they told me i would receive a decision in next couple days, they kept my passport since SEP 2019 , they have everything they need , but still have not heard from them yet ? any ideas thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why were there 3 interviews?  What did they focus on in these interviews.  You don't have to answer this but it might give you the answer of why they are taking time to make a decision.  Or it might be routine background checks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Oliversmom said:

Why were there 3 interviews?  What did they focus on in these interviews.  You don't have to answer this but it might give you the answer of why they are taking time to make a decision.  Or it might be routine background checks.  

they only asked me same questions that immigration officers asked me before, normal questions it was for maybe 20 to 30 mnts thats it, so i do not know why no decision yet or maybe background check can you tell me what is background check ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, abdo1 said:

they only asked me same questions that immigration officers asked me before, normal questions it was for maybe 20 to 30 mnts thats it, so i do not know why no decision yet or maybe background check can you tell me what is background check ?

Background check is when they research you to find out if there are any previous arrests, criminal convictions, or anything else that may pop up


Our CR1 Journey:

 

USCIS Stage:

  • Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

 

NVC Stage:

  • Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

 

Interview Stage:

  • Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Are there circumstances about your relationship that may cause them to question whether it is a green card marriage?  Large age difference, etc?

 

@Jeanne Adil knows more about Casablanca specifically.

Edited by Jorgedig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Are there circumstances about your relationship that may cause them to question whether it is a green card marriage?  Large age difference, etc?

me and wife lived almost 5 years in morocco since 2015 to 2019 june, we got lots of proofs and evidences together she even has moroccan id as a resident, now she is back and working in usa after they required domicile , we sent everything to them it was accepted, plus they have two join sponsors they accepted them plus my wife is working and already have domicile so i am done with documents no  large age difference

Edited by abdo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, abdo1 said:

me and wife lived almost 5 years in morocco since 2015 to 2019 june, we got lots of proofs and evidences together she even has moroccan id as a resident, now she is back and working in usa after they required domicile , we sent everything to them it was accepted, plus they have two join sponsors they accepted them plus my wife is working and already have domicile so i am done with documents......

So why did they call you in for the third interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

So why did they call you in for the third interview?

i do not know why, and they asked me normal questions how we meet, how long my wife stayed in morocco, and kids names , birthdays, address phone number , i answered everything also they asked me about my ex wife, cause i was married before , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, abdo1 said:

i do not know why, and they asked me normal questions how we meet, how long my wife stayed in morocco, and kids names , birthdays, address phone number , i answered everything also they asked me about my ex wife, cause i was married before , 

What is the age difference?  Do you have kids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

She is older?  Is she still able to have kids?

yes she is the older, she did a surgery in morocco at clinic 2018  because she had like little ball 8 cm that stop her from having kids also that made her bleed lots still no kids yet, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
18 minutes ago, abdo1 said:

i do not know why, and they asked me normal questions how we meet, how long my wife stayed in morocco, and kids names , birthdays, address phone number , i answered everything also they asked me about my ex wife, cause i was married before , 

And yet neither one of you has kids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, abdo1 said:

also they asked me about my ex wife, cause i was married before

What did you say?  Was this a US wife?  How long since your divorce was final?  Have you applied for US immigration or tourist visas before?  What was the outcome of these applications, if any?  Have you ever put married on a US visa application form when you were single, or single when you were married?  Seems strange to have three interviews, we rarely see that even in high fraud countries like yours.  If there's more to your story, sharing some of it might help us give you better advice as to what might be going on here.  There could be scrutiny because of the age difference, but since you lived together for so many years they may be focusing on something else that is making them question your relationship.

Edited by carmel34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...