YESWECANDOIT

I-751 All filers CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER only

281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 6/26/2020 at 10:06 AM, cosmonauts said:

Oh my god! I'm barely at 12 months lol Have you applied for citizenship? I think I will in the next few weeks.

I have not.

We decided to wait to finish this first and then I will. Don’t know what to think any more, some are saying it’s good to apply for citizenship to push your case, some are like, it could slow it down,I just decided to wait for ROC to be done first. 

22 minutes ago, DJ & KH said:

I have not.

We decided to wait to finish this first and then I will. Don’t know what to think any more, some are saying it’s good to apply for citizenship to push your case, some are like, it could slow it down,I just decided to wait for ROC to be done first. 

It looks like it depends on your local office. If your local office is fast, then applying for citizenship speeds things up, if it's slow, it has the opposite effect. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just got a text saying there is an update to my case and that i should check the status online. I went and checked and it shows

"As of July 11, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC209******, have been applied to your case." 

So thats great news! I am wondering if my call to USCIS a month ago did a thing and put my case on the radar, since i know some people are still waiting for any updates. I have a friend who filed a few months before me from the same geo area and she is still waiting. 

ROC: 

3/26/2020 GC expires 
12/26/2019 ROC mailed ✉️
12/27/2019 ROC delivered to Phoenix PO Box 📦

12/31/2019 i-797 NOA issued

1/2/2020 NOA mailed 

1/3/2020 Check cashed 💵and Email Notification received. Case WAC***** routed to California SC

1/7/2020 NOA Received with 18-month extension

7/11/2020 🐾 Case updated to "Fingerprint Received" without Bio Appointment 

1/27/2021 New Card being Produced notification

1/29/2021 Case approved notice 

1/29/2021 Green Card shipped

2/2/2021 Green Card Delivered

N-400:

12/27/2022 N-400 Application online 

12/27/2022 N-400 Receipt Notice

06/12/2023 Interview Scheduled notice 

07/18/2023 Interview Date 🤞🏼🇺🇸🇺🇸🤠

1 minute ago, EvgeniaM said:

Hi everyone,

I just got a text saying there is an update to my case and that i should check the status online. I went and checked and it shows

"As of July 11, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC209******, have been applied to your case." 

So thats great news! I am wondering if my call to USCIS a month ago did a thing and put my case on the radar, since i know some people are still waiting for any updates. I have a friend who filed a few months before me from the same geo area and she is still waiting. 

Do you think they reusing your previous biometrics?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
Just now, cammi9988 said:

Do you think they reusing your previous biometrics?

yes, positive. They skipped my bio appointment. I heard it is common now due to COVID

ROC: 

3/26/2020 GC expires 
12/26/2019 ROC mailed ✉️
12/27/2019 ROC delivered to Phoenix PO Box 📦

12/31/2019 i-797 NOA issued

1/2/2020 NOA mailed 

1/3/2020 Check cashed 💵and Email Notification received. Case WAC***** routed to California SC

1/7/2020 NOA Received with 18-month extension

7/11/2020 🐾 Case updated to "Fingerprint Received" without Bio Appointment 

1/27/2021 New Card being Produced notification

1/29/2021 Case approved notice 

1/29/2021 Green Card shipped

2/2/2021 Green Card Delivered

N-400:

12/27/2022 N-400 Application online 

12/27/2022 N-400 Receipt Notice

06/12/2023 Interview Scheduled notice 

07/18/2023 Interview Date 🤞🏼🇺🇸🇺🇸🤠

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Oman
Timeline
2 hours ago, EvgeniaM said:

Hi everyone,

same here for our 11/2019 WAC209xxx application, but without a call or any action on our part other than waiting...

• 2 weeks later...

So, Tuesday I received a status update text on my case saying  "Request for Evidence", and after 2 days while i was still waiting for the actual RFE letter in the  mail for, I got another  text update that "Response to RFE has been received " when I never sent anything.  Is this a glitch or something ? Has anyone experienced anything like this ?

Btw, I am going through a divorce , and I wonder if my spouse did anything . But again , status update within 2 days is highly unlikely from USCIS reputation. 

Does anybody know what the difference is between “Request for ‘Initial’ Evidence Was Sent” and “Request for ‘Additional’ Evidence Was Sent”?

If you get the “Initial” one, does that mean it is likely they send a second RFE?

Is "Initial" usually only for Divorce Decree? And then they send an "Additional" one for more things if needed?

Is it more chance you get an interview when they send you "Initial RFE" and more chance to approve without interview when they send you "Additional RFE"?

7 minutes ago, fromthewater said:

Does anybody know what the difference is between “Request for ‘Initial’ Evidence Was Sent” and “Request for ‘Additional’ Evidence Was Sent”?

If you get the “Initial” one, does that mean it is likely they send a second RFE?

Is "Initial" usually only for Divorce Decree? And then they send an "Additional" one for more things if needed?

Is it more chance you get an interview when they send you "Initial RFE" and more chance to approve without interview when they send you "Additional RFE"?

Actually quite opposite i'd say
Initial means more some kind of formal documentation that's required with application.
Additional is more kinda of proof of evidence that you volunteraly send out to prove your relationship.
USCIS is doing terrible job, I'm waiting already 24 months, when i call customer service, its usually some useless people giving me inaccurate useless information. 
Terrible employees, i hope these furloughs make them work better and get rid of useless people that are working against us, more than for us, while we are paying them.

4 minutes ago, Statebriga said:

Actually quite opposite i'd say
Initial means more some kind of formal documentation that's required with application.
Additional is more kinda of proof of evidence that you volunteraly send out to prove your relationship.

Sounds like if they send out "Initial" to someone who haven't sent out their Divorce Decree,  it would make sense because that's considered "required" in a waiver petition?

If needed, will they include proof of relationship in the "Initial" RFE? Or do they do a second "Additional" RFE after receiving Divorce Decree?

15 hours ago, DIVITA said:

I have a question is it mandatory to submit tax returns as proofs? 

The past 2 years of tax return transcripts from the IRS are preferred over copies of tax returns. However, also acceptable are joint federal tax returns with all income attachments such as W-2s, 1099s, etc.

It should be easy to get the tax transcripts here (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) once you create an account.

Hi guys,

Do we have to attach the original RFE with our response, or a copy is fine?

Quote: "IMPORTANT: THIS NOTICE CONTAINS YOUR UNIQUE NUMBER. THE ORIGINAL NOTICE MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE REQUESTED EVIDENCE."

Can I submit my response with a COPY of the RFE?

Because I am travelling, I had to ask a family member to receive and scan me the notice, so I don't have the physical RFE with me. Can the scanned version work?

Thank you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.