Sofia B

DCF Frankfurt transferred I-130 to Rome

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone and Happy New Year, I was curious if anyone else received a letter from the Frankfurt Embassy saying they have transferred your I-130 to the Rome office?

I sent our I-130 packet to Frankfurt end of August and they issued a receipt on Sept 4, 2019.  On December 22nd I received a letter stating that they have transferred our case to Rome.

It has been 122 days since out NOA1 and it seems that nothing is happening

25 minutes ago, H&T said:

Frankfurt Field Office will be close on 1/31/2020, so possible this is the reason they transferred your I-130 to Rome.

They still accepted cases till end of october to give them enough time to handle a DCF case. And even if they had to transfer it it wouldn't make sense to send it to Rome. 

Did you inquired about it? It's quite a long time for a DCF so far.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

They still accepted cases till end of october to give them enough time to handle a DCF case. And even if they had to transfer it it wouldn't make sense to send it to Rome. 

Did you inquired about it? It's quite a long time for a DCF so far.

If they couldn't adjudicate it in time, where else would they send it to?

YMMV

14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If they couldn't adjudicate it in time, where else would they send it to?

I expected more field offices in Europe to still be open. But I looked it up, only Rome and London are left. So yea it probably is the only option next to London.

The case might have RFEs or other things with it that the Frankfurt USCIS office cannot handle due to office closure at the end of January. Once the I-130 is done I’m confident that Rome will transfer it back to Frankfurt for the remainder of the visa process.

Rome could’ve been randomly assigned, whilst others are sent to London, but that I don’t know. Italy does border Germany so it is the closest other USCIS office. Better to be in Rome than in Nebraska. 

happy new year to you too! 

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Our application was received in Frankfurt on 10/28/19. So far we haven't heard anything, other than the receipt, which we received on 11/6/19.
I really hope they aren't transferring cases to Rome because they are unable to process them prior to closing. I emailed them in early November and they confirmed that all applications received prior to 10/31/19 would be processed in Frankfurt.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

I was assured that they would process our case in Frankfurt also,  but it’s definitely transferred to Rome.

The letter states that processing time is now 90-120 days and to email the Rome office if it has over 120 days. 

I am not sure if the medical and interview has to be done in Rome or Frankfurt.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sofia B said:

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

I was assured that they would process our case in Frankfurt also,  but it’s definitely transferred to Rome.

The letter states that processing time is now 90-120 days and to email the Rome office if it has over 120 days. 

I am not sure if the medical and interview has to be done in Rome or Frankfurt.

Where the i130 is adjudicated has no influence on where the medical is done.   It's a visa medical and is done in the country of Visa interview which will be at Frankfurt 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.