dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2020

1,341 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Okay here some intel you all of you who wonder.

No not necessarily first come first serve. This is where your PD date (Receive at USCIS date comes into play) Many of you have DQ Oct 22. So your PD would now come into play. If there are 5 slots and 10 of you with DQ 10/22 then you will be put in order of your PD. Even DQ's around your date may get selected before you because they been waiting longer which is understandable.

Holidays are over so more slots should be opening. The problem is for Nigeria, Ghana, Mumbai and many other busy embassies there are more petitions then slots. Lagos alone conducts over 300 visitor, business and student visas a day. With about 4 to 5 K1 and IR1/CR1 interviews per day.

Ok. Yes I do understand that. We were at Nebraska and have a PO D of AUGUST 6th 2018. So hopefully that will be a good influence. I've heard that Nigeris embassy is very busy so it's not shocking we are going on two months and no interview letter. But JUST in november they had seemed to be fast getting apt for people within a month of DQ. Seems like once October hit they were bogged down again. 

Just wondering if you or anyone thinks it might be possible to believe we could recieve and interview letter THIS month since we were DQ on November 13th?..or if it would be closer to February...sigh....the estimated guess. Lol. We trust God and hunker down and wait. THANK YOU very much for that information. Helpful 

3 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

The busy embassy have a set time they schedule. Usually the middle of the month like now some are scheduling for February.

You don' t have country on your profile so no way to answer your question. Check the spreadsheet for others from your country to see the times.

I'm an indian but my consulate is Manama, Bahrain. I dont think there are many applicants from here, and I couldn't find any from Bahrain on the spreadsheet either. 😕

the ceac case status still shows as "at nvc". What does that mean? 

I received DQ on 8th Jan. 

Timeline

Congratulations I have added you to the spreadsheet. There are along of October and November DQ's and they aren't even close to done with October they stopped on 10/10 for January. February should come put next week. So we just have to see how far they get.

I have seen DQS for october 22nd for interviews in January. So are they not at least to October 22nd? 

Timeline

Okay here some intel you all of you who wonder.

No not necessarily first come first serve. This is where your PD date (Receive at USCIS date comes into play) Many of you have DQ Oct 22. So your PD would now come into play. If there are 5 slots and 10 of you with DQ 10/22 then you will be put in order of your PD. Even DQ's around your date may get selected before you because they been waiting longer which is understandable.

Holidays are over so more slots should be opening. The problem is for Nigeria, Ghana, Mumbai and many other busy embassies there are more petitions then slots. Lagos alone conducts over 300 visitor, business and student visas a day. With about 4 to 5 K1 and IR1/CR1 interviews per day.

Wow. Only 4 to 5 IR1 and CR1 A day? That is new information and definitely puts things in perspective. So maybe only 100 something a month. 

1 minute ago, AnnaD said:

Is anybody waiting for an IL or has recently had an interview in the US Embassy in Warsaw? DQ 20/12 still waiting for IL. 

We are waiting... DQ Dec 17 nothing yet from Budapest (not Warsaw but pretty close). 

It's strange because the last DQ I found from May took only 9 days for the IL. Not sure if the holidays are interrupting it or if we just fell @ the time after interviews were scheduled. 

I'm hoping we get ours this week and assuming you'll get yours as well in the coming week. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Before they called it DQ it was Case Complete. Meaning you are done and in Interview queue. Doesn't hurt to follow the thread there's a new thread each month and the previous closed so we can all be together.

Awesome. Congratulations.

thank you so much

7 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Is there PD current? Because they are F2A category and eachembassy only have selected slots for them.

Does the embassy give preference to IR/CR over F2A when giving out IL? I see IL being received by those with a later DQ hence wondering. Also if the PD is current, does the wait still had to be longer for F2A over IR/CR? Im looking at the Islamabad Consulate and see that IL already sent out. Any idea on whether embassies send out IL in first two weeks or now we will have to wait for next month to see IL sent out again?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/2/2020 at 4:45 PM, dwheels76 said:

Congratulations on the DQ. I have added you to the spreadsheet. Just prep for the interview. Read your embassy interview reviews and be prepared.

Hi, can I be added to the spreadsheet? I got DQ 1/10/20.

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Timeline
On 1/9/2020 at 6:11 AM, Bking said:

Hey guys, I'm new here and trying to know what exactly is next. Got DQ yesterday Jan 8 - from Jamaica - so I'm not sure on what's next 

I got DQ January 10... I hope to hear something soon too.

Nebraska Service Center

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sea Leslie said:

I got DQ January 10... I hope to hear something soon too.

Hi @Sea Leslie

We have been through it all and more (police cert, NVC etc.) but hey at least we are looking at the end of the road now! Based on @dwheels76 cover post the scheduling is last week of the month and first week of the month after. I was wondering if because of the holiday they would have considered this as a part of the first week but I guess not. 

Just gotta check back at the end of the month to see if we are in the listing.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bking said:

Hi @Sea Leslie

We have been through it all and more (police cert, NVC etc.) but hey at least we are looking at the end of the road now! Based on @dwheels76 cover post the scheduling is last week of the month and first week of the month after. I was wondering if because of the holiday they would have considered this as a part of the first week but I guess not. 

Just gotta check back at the end of the month to see if we are in the listing.

Yes, the holidays can throw things out of place. I'm not sure what you mean by scheduling the last week of the month? Do you mean we might get IL the last week of January?

Nebraska Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.