2,317 posts in this topic

Greetings! First post here, applied for citizenship based on marriage. Been married for 13 years, it was time. 

N-400 submitted online: Jan 3rd 2020

Biometrics Scheduled: January 22nd

Just waiting for the interview to be scheduled. In Tampa, heard it's one of the quickest in the county. Estimated completion date is July. 

Just now, Winterbeard said:

Greetings! First post here, applied for citizenship based on marriage. Been married for 13 years, it was time. 

Just waiting for the interview to be scheduled. In Tampa, heard it's one of the quickest in the county. Estimated completion date is July. 

Good for you I am in Miami FL and this one here is one of the worst offices ever! Good Luck !

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

2 minutes ago, Giovanna024 said:

Good for you I am in Miami FL and this one here is one of the worst offices ever! Good Luck !

Ooof! Best of luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everybody-

I’m about to file my online n400 and have a question. I’m basing on being resident for 5 years. I have been divorced for two years but my 10year green card has been approved. Other than the greencard and divorce decree what kind of additional evidence should I have to submit? Since I don’t have to proof I’m married anymore. I’m not sure what else they would need!?

thank y’all! And good luck everyone!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Harbri1 said:

You can find more information on our REAL ID website. We hope to see you soon!

State of Texas started issuing Real IDs in October 2016, so I already have one. But thank you for the clarification, we were wondering what that star represents.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Field office: San Antonio, TX

01/14/2020: Submitted N400 (3 years rule)

02/04/2020: Biometrics

04/23/2020: Interview

Interview de-scheduled (notice received on April 2.)

07/30/2020: Interview Re-scheduled

07/30/2020 Naturalization Application Approved

07/30/2020 Oath Ceremony

I am done! God bless Texas!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Winterbeard said:

It is, my friend applied January last year in Tampa, he sent me a pic of his passport in April.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
15 hours ago, msdynamite said:

Hi everybody-

I’m about to file my online n400 and have a question. I’m basing on being resident for 5 years. I have been divorced for two years but my 10year green card has been approved. Other than the greencard and divorce decree what kind of additional evidence should I have to submit? Since I don’t have to proof I’m married anymore. I’m not sure what else they would need!?

thank y’all! And good luck everyone!!

when you file under 5 year rule you don’t file based on marriage and don’t need any proof. You will be asked to upload your divorce decree to show dissolution of previous marriage. Besides that you only provide same documents everyone needs to submit (Greencard front & back, 3 years of tax transcript etc)

Timeline

Any Newark NJ  filers here? My estimated completion time is 9 months (October 2020). Biometrics were scheduled, waiting for appointment letter to become available. Wondering how close Newark is currently to estimated completion time since so many field offices seem to be a lot faster than their estimates.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

when you file under 5 year rule you don’t file based on marriage and don’t need any proof. You will be asked to upload your divorce decree to show dissolution of previous marriage. Besides that you only provide same documents everyone needs to submit (Greencard front & back, 3 years of tax transcript etc)

Thank you for your answer.. that’s what I’m asking..what, other than divorce decree and greencard, do I need to send them. Tax transcript and what else? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, msdynamite said:

Thank you for your answer.. that’s what I’m asking..what, other than divorce decree and greencard, do I need to send them. Tax transcript and what else? 

Are you filing online? The system tells you what you need to upload based on your responses. For me (divorced, re-married) they wanted divorce decree, marriage certificate (of current marriage), Greencard front & back. They didn’t specifically ask for taxes but I uploaded them anyhow since it’s needed at interview the latest.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Are you filing online? The system tells you what you need to upload based on your responses. For me (divorced, re-married) they wanted divorce decree, marriage certificate (of current marriage), Greencard front & back. They didn’t specifically ask for taxes but I uploaded them anyhow since it’s needed at interview the latest.

Yes I filed online and it only asked for divorce decree and greencard. Then there was a window for additional evidence but it didn’t specify.And since I’m not remarried I wonder what additional evidence they would need. I submitted it now without adding anything else and will bring whatever to the interview I guess. Suggestions on what “additional evidence”  might be are very welcome :) thank you.

Edited by msdynamite

Timeline
2 minutes ago, msdynamite said:

Yes I filed online and it only asked for divorce decree and greencard. Then there was a window for additional evidence but it didn’t specify.And since I’m not remarried I wonder what additional evidence they would need. I submitted it now without adding anything else and will bring whatever to the interview I guess. Suggestions on what “additional evidence”  might be are very welcome :) thank you.

Yep - under additional evidence I added the tax transcripts. That should be all :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My package was recieved yesterday. I am confused about the Tax return. i file my taxes jointly every year and my accountant gives me a copy of the whole tax return which is 1040. I read somewhere USCIS accepts the tax transcripts from IRS website is this true?? coz i send last 3 years copy which i have for my record. will that work?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 hours ago, Giovanna024 said:

Any will/Testaments, medical insurance, dental Insurance,....maybe? Utility Bills, correspondence,....

Thank you very much for the response.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

Hello everyone,

My package was recieved yesterday. I am confused about the Tax return. i file my taxes jointly every year and my accountant gives me a copy of the whole tax return which is 1040. I read somewhere USCIS accepts the tax transcripts from IRS website is this true?? coz i send last 3 years copy which i have for my record. will that work?

When you order transcripts on irs website you can choose immigration as purpose. Those are a very lean version of the records, with everything needed for USCIS. I read somewhere that submitting 1040 is not recommended since they’re super long, and no proof that taxes were actually paid (if you owe). Maybe others have other experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.