Dollahbills

List sent from the embassy and I'm confused about something

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello guys I need help with something,  the U.S embassy in Cairo sent my fiance ( the petitioner ) the list of things for me to mail to the embassy before the interview.

One of those things is the affidavit of support and it's supporting documents, the thing is we're using a joint sponsor and I'm confused to whether they only want my fiance's affidavit of support or my joint sponsor as well?

And does anyone know how much time I have or is it unlimited like whenever I get everything done?

Thank you in advance.

list.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

every sponsor will provide a different form I-134 with supporting documents.... unlike IR1 or CR1 you dont have a long time with K1...so act fast

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Good morning,

You will take your fiancé and the joint sponsor affidavit of support to the interview. Once you gather everything on the list just email them. The faster you do it’s better, interview dates varies, meaning in my county it took me two weeks after sending it in. I’m not sure about your county you can find someone from your country who did it recently and ask them as well

good luck 

Filed: Other Timeline

Agree with the others regarding the AOS. Aside from that, are you scheduling your own interview or do they issue on to you? That will obviously answer your question regarding how much time you have to gather the documentation.

I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

every sponsor will provide a different form I-134 with supporting documents.... unlike IR1 or CR1 you dont have a long time with K1...so act fast

Thank you but my question is when sending them the documents ( before ) the interview do they want my fiance's affidavit plus documents only or do they want both hers and the joint sponsors' to be sent via courier to the embassy as well ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, empress20 said:

Good morning,

You will take your fiancé and the joint sponsor affidavit of support to the interview. Once you gather everything on the list just email them. The faster you do it’s better, interview dates varies, meaning in my county it took me two weeks after sending it in. I’m not sure about your county you can find someone from your country who did it recently and ask them as well

good luck 

Thank you will do, I know that I need to take both her affidavit and the joint sponsors' to the interview but they want me to send these documents via courier to the embassy before scheduling an interview and I'm wondering if they only need my fiance's affidavit or joint sponsors' as well?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Dollahbills said:

Thank you will do, I know that I need to take both her affidavit and the joint sponsors' to the interview but they want me to send these documents via courier to the embassy before scheduling an interview and I'm wondering if they only need my fiance's affidavit or joint sponsors' as well?

If it is actually required to be submitted prior,  they will want you to send both

YMMV

5 hours ago, Dollahbills said:

Thank you but my question is when sending them the documents ( before ) the interview do they want my fiance's affidavit plus documents only or do they want both hers and the joint sponsors' to be sent via courier to the embassy as well ?

Both.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Dollahbills said:

Send BOTH of the affidavits

5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Both.

You beat me

Timeline
14 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

Irony:  A dude named “dollah bills” inquiring about when to submit the affidavit from a joint sponsor

I go by dollah because my real name is Abdallah no irony to see here lol

Thanks guys I appreciate your help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.