flea89

big error. am i going to get a denial?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So I recently received an RFE for evidence of two-year meeting. I've already responded and USCIS let me know that they have received it. I sent boarding passes, itinerary, hotel rcpts.  Just now I was looking over my original I29f petition and realized a big error. In my statement of how and when we met I said that I left Ohio on feb 7 and arrived in Vietnam on feb 8. When actually I left feb 6 and arrived feb 7. I don't know how I screwed up this bad. Is a denial imminent?

2 minutes ago, flea89 said:

So I recently received an RFE for evidence of two-year meeting. I've already responded and USCIS let me know that they have received it. I sent boarding passes, itinerary, hotel rcpts.  Just now I was looking over my original I29f petition and realized a big error. In my statement of how and when we met I said that I left Ohio on feb 7 and arrived in Vietnam on feb 8. When actually I left feb 6 and arrived feb 7. I don't know how I screwed up this bad. Is a denial imminent?

No.  Did you send passport stamps?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

not a big deal, unless it was in a previous YEAR that puts you out of the 2 year rule.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

8 minutes ago, flea89 said:

No big deal. If they ask, you say you messed up the date because it easily messed up, since you leave on Feb 6th but it's actually 7th over there and arrived on the 8th , but actually only the 7th here.... 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

No.  Did you send passport stamps?

this is also a concern of my mine that's why I was reviewing my petition in the first place. Both times I traveled to Vietnam I used a loose-leaf paper visa. and Both times they only stamped the paper visa and not my actual passport. I have lost the paper visa with the stamps from my first trip. I still have the paper visa from my second trip but that was after I filed the petition. not the 2 year window they were asking for. I submitted an foia request months ago but haven't recieved anything. So i know without passports stamps it was bad already then i found this mistake.

3 minutes ago, flea89 said:

I submitted an foia request months ago but haven't recieved anything.

With whom? The Vietnamese government? 

Who are "they" you're talking about? I assume you're a US citizen. As a US citizen, you are not getting a stamp when entering the US. 

The Vietnamese customs people are supposed to stamp your passport then you entered and left Vietnam. Are you saying they did not do that? Instead, they stamped your visa?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

With whom? The Vietnamese government? 

Who are "they" you're talking about? I assume you're a US citizen. As a US citizen, you are not getting a stamp when entering the US. 

The Vietnamese customs people are supposed to stamp your passport then you entered and left Vietnam. Are you saying they did not do that? Instead, they stamped your visa?

yes. sorry that i was unclear. I am a USC.  i thought an foia request could confirm my arrival and exit to and from Vietnam. No wonder I haven't recieved anything.

Vietnamese customs only stamped my visa on both of my trips. I've gone through all 150+ pages in the Vietnam regional forum and I found that other people have experienced this as well. 

Edited by flea89

15 minutes ago, flea89 said:

Vietnamese customs only stamped my visa on both of my trips. I've gone through all 150+ pages in the Vietnam regional forum and I found that other people have experienced this as well. 

I don't know what to tell ya. They did not do that to my kid. Few years ago, when I took my son there, he had the loose-leaf visa and I thought they stamped the passport. That was the only time he had the loose visa. The next several time we did the visa exemption book. 

And they always stamped my passport because I always use my Vietnamese passport to enter Vietnam, and the US passport to enter the US. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

I have to add though, I don't think that'll be a denial for sure. You still have these other stuff, boarding passes, ticket, receipts and stuff. I think it'll be alright. And just simply explain that you lost the Vietnamese visa. 

thanx for the hope friend!

42 minutes ago, flea89 said:

i thought an foia request could confirm my arrival and exit to and from Vietnam

How? US government does not oversee VN customs and immigration.

4 hours ago, flea89 said:

i was just looking for someway to confirm my entry to VN. I realize now my mistake

I did request FOIA few years ago and it only showed me left and entered US only. If you use loose leaf visa, they will only stamp on the leaf visa. That is the reason I use passport visa only. They stamped on my passport and sometime stamped my exit ticket as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

A friend of mine recently had her k1 petition approved they got the visa and her fiance then now her husband are living together her in the states... When I was about filling k1 for my fiance she gave me an exact copy of their petition to go through so I have an idea what to submit.... I found all kinds of misspellings, dates, typo etc she even misspellt his name a couple of times... But they got approved... These small things don't matter expecially when they see it as what it is, a simple mistake... So don't worry, at this stage after submission we all worry maybe we did something wrong or didn't include something... Best thing to do is to invest time in your relationship with significant other because in the end that is what matters. 

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.