SailorSiri

I-129F Form Questions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiance & I are starting the process of doing our i-129f form for a k-1 visa and I had a few quick questions as we go through it. I hope this is an okay to post them...

1. For the Beneficiary's Parent's info, do we put my mothers current name or her maiden name? She was using her maiden name when I was born but has since been re-married.

2.  I haven't been in contact with my biological father for a very very long time. If I can't recall his birth year what do I do? Can I leave it blank, put in just his day/month? 

3. For beneficiaries employers, the PDF won't let me put PRESENT as an end date, I haven't given any notice at work and I have no current end date. Do I hand write in PRESENT or N/A or NONE for that area if I'm still currently employed?

4. A couple of the address sections say "Provide your/your beneficiary's current address first if it is different from the mailing address..." If my current address is NOT different from my mailing address do I skip to the Physical Address 2 and leave Physical Address 1 blank? Sounds silly but we're trying to follow it perfectly.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Filed: Other Timeline

1. Use her current legal name. If the parent is married now and has a different maiden name, then the married name is what's used. This applies even if the birth certificate was issued under the mother's maiden name.

2. You can give a best guess. Then in part 8 additional information, you can clarify that this is an estimate and the actual details are unknown.

3. put it by hand "present" or type it in with the PDF writer. This is a common issue.

4. Yes, click "yes" and you won't have to fill out the current physical address.

I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pmta1 said:

1. Use her current legal name. If the parent is married now and has a different maiden name, then the married name is what's used. This applies even if the birth certificate was issued under the mother's maiden name.

2. You can give a best guess. Then in part 8 additional information, you can clarify that this is an estimate and the actual details are unknown.

3. put it by hand "present" or type it in with the PDF writer. This is a common issue.

4. Yes, click "yes" and you won't have to fill out the current physical address.

Thank you very much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Pmta1 said:

What is this PDF writer you are talking about?

17 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

Normal Adobe or FoxIt are pdf readers. So you can fill in information that the form allows but it doesn't allow you to change anything outside of that.  A pdf writer like adobe acrobat or several free systems, allows you to write in what you'd like vs only what is allowed.

However it's perfectly fine to handwrite and type on the same form.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

2. A best guess will be fine, no need to be exact for bday of father you aren’t in touch with. Just use the same bday in all forms moving forward. I wouldn’t even mention anything about best guess    that may only confuse them more.

3. You can handwrite “TO-DATE” or “PRESENT” after printing the filled out form OR you can simply type the date of the day you sign the form. It’ll mean the same thing.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
2 hours ago, arken said:

2. A best guess will be fine, no need to be exact for bday of father you aren’t in touch with. Just use the same bday in all forms moving forward. I wouldn’t even mention anything about best guess    that may only confuse them more.

3. You can handwrite “TO-DATE” or “PRESENT” after printing the filled out form OR you can simply type the date of the day you sign the form. It’ll mean the same thing.

Thank you!

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

Like the other helpful member said, a PDF writer is any feature on PDF that can write a text on the PDF itself. Normally, Adobe allows you to use it in the free reader version. So, see Adobe's features and use it to write the text "present" in the field. 

Alternatively, if this doesn't work for you for some reason, you're always free to hand write (with ink) the word "present" in the field.

I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.