Britney868

N/A or NONE in EVERY blank space

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone!! I'm trying to decide if I need to put N/A or NONE in every space that is blank on my application?? Example: putting N/A in every space in physical address 2 & employer 2 if Ive been there for over 5 years,etc. I know the instructions say to do so, but I wasn't sure if it would be too much putting it in every single space that I already checked no for using the PDF file on the computer especially when it doesn't allow you. Please let me know what some of you did that have already got a NOA2.

Also, I was trying to see if sending the application through the FedEx lockbox would be faster than USPS? Is there a big difference or should I just stick to USPS lockbox since it seems most common?

53 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

I know the instructions say to do so,

Follow the instruction. 

53 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

I was trying to see if sending the application through the FedEx lockbox would be faster than USPS? Is there a big difference or should I just stick to USPS lockbox since it seems most common?

There is no difference. That's just a carrier service. As long as it gets there, they treat it all the same. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Follow the instruction. 

There is no difference. That's just a carrier service. As long as it gets there, they treat it all the same. 

Thank you!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Britney868 said:

Hello everyone!! I'm trying to decide if I need to put N/A or NONE in every space that is blank on my application?? Example: putting N/A in every space in physical address 2 & employer 2 if Ive been there for over 5 years,etc. I know the instructions say to do so, but I wasn't sure if it would be too much putting it in every single space that I already checked no for using the PDF file on the computer especially when it doesn't allow you. Please let me know what some of you did that have already got a NOA2.

Also, I was trying to see if sending the application through the FedEx lockbox would be faster than USPS? Is there a big difference or should I just stick to USPS lockbox :thumbs:   since it seems most common?

Follow the instructions sheet, states in there what to use:  https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf?download=1

Use Priority Mail as it has tracking .. save a buck or two.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Britney868 said:

Hello everyone!! I'm trying to decide if I need to put N/A or NONE in every space that is blank on my application?? Example: putting N/A in every space in physical address 2 & employer 2 if Ive been there for over 5 years,etc. I know the instructions say to do so, but I wasn't sure if it would be too much putting it in every single space that I already checked no for using the PDF file on the computer especially when it doesn't allow you.

Anastasia & I never bothered to write "N/A" or "None" by hand into spaces the PDF won't let you type in and actually do not apply (for both the petition and her AOS and related forms), and never got an RFE for this. In fact, I've never seen an RFE for this on VJ (providing the petitioner/applicant answered all the questions you can type in, check, or select an answer to correctly).

I believe that USCIS should update the instructions to reflect this, but they haven't.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Anastasia & I never bothered to write "N/A" or "None" by hand into spaces the PDF won't let you type in and actually do not apply (for both the petition and her AOS and related forms), and never got an RFE for this. In fact, I've never seen an RFE for this on VJ (providing the petitioner/applicant answered all the questions you can type in, check, or select an answer to correctly).

I believe that USCIS should update the instructions to reflect this, but they haven't.

That's good to know! As you said, some fields won't even let you put N/A, but the instructions say you should. I've been trying to decide if I wanted to type all of my responses and write N/A by hand. I'm glad it's not really necessary!

City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It would be nice if they did away with the N/A thing.  Usually after the first page my N/A turns into little more than a squiggly line.  

It is annoying that the PDF does have some fields locked, so you can't just copy/paste the N/A in the numeric field.

I don't think it matters, but the instructions do say so.

Timeline
19 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Ok thank you for your help

Timeline
15 hours ago, J+J said:

I did not do N/A, just left blank for the reason that you can't type N/A in the PDF.  From the research I did here, it doesn't matter.

Ok sounds good. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/3/2019 at 7:35 AM, Britney868 said:

Also, I was trying to see if sending the application through the FedEx lockbox would be faster than USPS? Is there a big difference or should I just stick to USPS lockbox since it seems most common?

How about NA vs N/A? I've seen this abbreviation on many other forms.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.