Jump to content
Britney868

N/A or NONE in EVERY blank space

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!! I'm trying to decide if I need to put N/A or NONE in every space that is blank on my application?? Example: putting N/A in every space in physical address 2 & employer 2 if Ive been there for over 5 years,etc. I know the instructions say to do so, but I wasn't sure if it would be too much putting it in every single space that I already checked no for using the PDF file on the computer especially when it doesn't allow you. Please let me know what some of you did that have already got a NOA2.

 

Also, I was trying to see if sending the application through the FedEx lockbox would be faster than USPS? Is there a big difference or should I just stick to USPS lockbox since it seems most common?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

I know the instructions say to do so,

Follow the instruction. 

 

53 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

I was trying to see if sending the application through the FedEx lockbox would be faster than USPS? Is there a big difference or should I just stick to USPS lockbox since it seems most common?

There is no difference. That's just a carrier service. As long as it gets there, they treat it all the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Britney868 said:

Hello everyone!! I'm trying to decide if I need to put N/A or NONE in every space that is blank on my application?? Example: putting N/A in every space in physical address 2 & employer 2 if Ive been there for over 5 years,etc. I know the instructions say to do so, but I wasn't sure if it would be too much putting it in every single space that I already checked no for using the PDF file on the computer especially when it doesn't allow you. Please let me know what some of you did that have already got a NOA2.

 

Also, I was trying to see if sending the application through the FedEx lockbox would be faster than USPS? Is there a big difference or should I just stick to USPS lockbox :thumbs:   since it seems most common?

 

Follow the instructions sheet, states in there what to use:  https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf?download=1

 

Use Priority Mail as it has tracking .. save a buck or two.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Britney868 said:

Hello everyone!! I'm trying to decide if I need to put N/A or NONE in every space that is blank on my application?? Example: putting N/A in every space in physical address 2 & employer 2 if Ive been there for over 5 years,etc. I know the instructions say to do so, but I wasn't sure if it would be too much putting it in every single space that I already checked no for using the PDF file on the computer especially when it doesn't allow you.

Anastasia & I never bothered to write "N/A" or "None" by hand into spaces the PDF won't let you type in and actually do not apply (for both the petition and her AOS and related forms), and never got an RFE for this. In fact, I've never seen an RFE for this on VJ (providing the petitioner/applicant answered all the questions you can type in, check, or select an answer to correctly).

 

I believe that USCIS should update the instructions to reflect this, but they haven't.


K-1                             AOS
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Anastasia & I never bothered to write "N/A" or "None" by hand into spaces the PDF won't let you type in and actually do not apply (for both the petition and her AOS and related forms), and never got an RFE for this. In fact, I've never seen an RFE for this on VJ (providing the petitioner/applicant answered all the questions you can type in, check, or select an answer to correctly).

 

I believe that USCIS should update the instructions to reflect this, but they haven't.

That's good to know! As you said, some fields won't even let you put N/A, but the instructions say you should. I've been trying to decide if I wanted to type all of my responses and write N/A by hand. I'm glad it's not really necessary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if they did away with the N/A thing.  Usually after the first page my N/A turns into little more than a squiggly line.  

 

It is annoying that the PDF does have some fields locked, so you can't just copy/paste the N/A in the numeric field.

 

I don't think it matters, but the instructions do say so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Anastasia & I never bothered to write "N/A" or "None" by hand into spaces the PDF won't let you type in and actually do not apply (for both the petition and her AOS and related forms), and never got an RFE for this. In fact, I've never seen an RFE for this on VJ (providing the petitioner/applicant answered all the questions you can type in, check, or select an answer to correctly).

 

I believe that USCIS should update the instructions to reflect this, but they haven't.

Ok thank you for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 7:35 AM, Britney868 said:

Hello everyone!! I'm trying to decide if I need to put N/A or NONE in every space that is blank on my application?? Example: putting N/A in every space in physical address 2 & employer 2 if Ive been there for over 5 years,etc. I know the instructions say to do so, but I wasn't sure if it would be too much putting it in every single space that I already checked no for using the PDF file on the computer especially when it doesn't allow you. Please let me know what some of you did that have already got a NOA2.

 

Also, I was trying to see if sending the application through the FedEx lockbox would be faster than USPS? Is there a big difference or should I just stick to USPS lockbox since it seems most common?

How about NA vs N/A? I've seen this abbreviation on many other forms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...