Layth.W

NVC and Consulate interview

10 posts in this topic

we received an email from NVC on the 27th of September 2019 that our application is complete, fees paid and that the NVC once arrange an interview date with the consulate in Jordan will let us know.

its been almost 2 months and we did not hear any thing yet. I sent the consulate an email and they said that they did not receive our case yet.

Any advice ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You have no timeline which would help for further questions

i had to go to your profile to see this is Jordan as the country and it is CR1 as that does not show here without that timeline

in the case of most embassys for spouse visa they embassy and NVC coordinate the interview day and you will receive that email when the interview date is sent and your packet is then on the way

advise for now 

send the supporting documents to your spouse 

and wait for notice from NVC

this entire process is a 'hurry up and wait" deal

Hello Jeanne,

So we filed the I 130 in 22 March 2019. 
Received the I 797 in 10 June 2019.
Filled the NVC documents on the 20th of September 2019.
NVC approved our documents on the 27th of September (received an email from NVC).

Since then we are waiting for the consulate interview. usually how long does it take to schedule the interview ?

I sent the embassy an email last week and they said that they did not receive our case yet !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Let make thing simple: Your case will get in the line. Embassy will open the slot for interview. NVC then contact Embassy to arranged the interview. You have to wait until your turn coming up.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Layth.W said:

Hello Jeanne,

So we filed the I 130 in 22 March 2019. 
Received the I 797 in 10 June 2019.
Filled the NVC documents on the 20th of September 2019.
NVC approved our documents on the 27th of September (received an email from NVC).

Since then we are waiting for the consulate interview. usually how long does it take to schedule the interview ?

I sent the embassy an email last week and they said that they did not receive our case yet !

It depends on the available slots for interview. I've seen people get an interview within a month to waiting for 6 months before they get an interview. You could call NVC and find out the current status and see if the file has been transferred to Jordan Embassy? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
8 hours ago, Layth.W said:

we received an email from NVC on the 27th of September 2019 that our application is complete, fees paid and that the NVC once arrange an interview date with the consulate in Jordan will let us know.

its been almost 2 months and we did not hear any thing yet. I sent the consulate an email and they said that they did not receive our case yet.

Any advice ?

That's crazy. Hope you get schedule soon. I submitted my documents on 11/7. What is next step? NVC will send Email to me the application complete right 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:14 AM, Layth.W said:

they will review your documents and if approved they will send you an email.

The Email just approved or interview sechdule too 

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to separate reply from quote

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

The NVC will send an email, in the subject line there will be words “Documentarily Qualified” (DQ). The case is complete.

Then your completed case will get in the line for an interview. It depends on how busy or not too busy the Embassy in your country is. Once a month each Embassy sends to NVC the available dates for interview for the upcoming month. 

Once NVC receives those dates, they start to allocate the dates to the completed cases, to assign the cases in line to each available slot.

As soon as NVC matches your case with the date, they send you another email (normally sent the same day) called “Interview letter” (IL). All the info is there, the name of beneficiary, the date, the time, the place, the instructions.

To OP, go to the regional topic on Jordan, and see how soon people from your country get interviews. This will give you an accurate idea on how soon you will get a IL. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.