Step29

Contacted NVC to Change Embassy

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Guys, just send an email today to nvc in ask NVC in welcome letter requesting to change an embassy from Manila to Saudi Arabia.

My question is, are they going to acknowledge the email? or they will just respond once they change the embassy?

Thank you.

It takes the NVC around 30 days to respond to emails, it's always better to call! You can also request a transfer from one embassy to another if they do not send it to the one where you need it to be.

Edited by Fenja

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fenja said:

It takes the NVC around 30 days to respond to emails, it's always better to call! You can also request a transfer from one embassy to another if they do not send it to the one where you need it to be.

Thank you. I dont know how can I call in the U.S since I am in Saudi Arabia. It will cost me a lot.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

603-334-0700

Can you ask someone in the US to call? Where's the petitioner?

I just found out that there is an app called hangouts that can allow to call to the states for free. I might use this one for sure.

1 hour ago, Fenja said:

Hi, I just send an inquiry today. When do you think I can start following up with nvc?

~~moved to NVC from IR1/CR1 process and procedures. Topic is about NVC not specifically IR1/CR1.~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

31 minutes ago, Step29 said:

Hi, I just send an inquiry today. When do you think I can start following up with nvc?

You can call whenever you like! If they already assigned the other embassy there is not much you can do though, then you have to wait until the embassy has your case and then you can contact them to ask for a transfer.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, NikLR said:

~~moved to NVC from IR1/CR1 process and procedures. Topic is about NVC not specifically IR1/CR1.~~

This is CR1 related. I got case number and it was assigned in Manila where in fact our lawyer indicated in the forms that i will do the process in Saudi.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fenja said:

You can call whenever you like! If they already assigned the other embassy there is not much you can do though, then you have to wait until the embassy has your case and then you can contact them to ask for a transfer.

right now my case is still at nvc coz I havent started anything yet like paying the aos and uploading the docs. I hope really they can transfer my case before i will continue with the process.

18 hours ago, Step29 said:

This is CR1 related. I got case number and it was assigned in Manila where in fact our lawyer indicated in the forms that i will do the process in Saudi.

Its an nvc specific issue and question.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Spoiler

Hi there -- 

My husband and I just went through this process. I am the petitioner and I contacted the NVC to ask if we could transfer my husband's case from the Jakarta embassy to the Stockholm embassy, since we are now living in Copenhagen (which is served by the Stockholm embassy). 

In my first email to NVC, I did not include enough supporting information. I only explained the situation. This was the reply from NVC that we received (about 1 month later): 

"We are unable to reassign this case to a different U.S. Embassy/Consulate General without additional information.  [***Name of Beneficiary***] is eligible to process in one of the following countries:

[***Name of Beneficiary***]'s country of citizenship

[***Name of Beneficiary***]'s country of residence (the address and proof of residency must be submitted.)

[***Name of Beneficiary***]'s country of last residence if he or she is currently residing in the United States

The requested country either does not fall into one of the above categories or insufficient proof of eligibility has been furnished to enable processing in that country.

You may resubmit your request with proof of eligibility to the National Visa Center if you wish to process at the requested U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.  Possible proof includes the following: a copy of a government issued document such as birth certificate, valid passport, valid work visa, identity card or landed immigrant card. Please submit the sufficient proof using our Public Inquiry Form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

This petition is currently assigned to process at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in JAKARTA, INDONESIA. If you are unable to provide sufficient proof, as described above, and still wish to gain approval to process [***Name of Beneficiary***]'s immigrant visa at a different U.S. Embassy/Consulate General, you must direct your request to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where you wish the case to be processed.

U.S. Embassy/Consulate General Contact Information:

Please visit https://usembassy.gov to determine the contact information for the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where you wish to transfer this visa petition. The desired U.S. Embassy/or Consulate General website includes contact information for immigrant visa-related inquiries."' 

We then resubmitted our request with proof of eligibility, as outlined (we included proof of residency in Denmark and proof of address in Denmark).

We then received two messages after another month: 1) a reply from AskNVC informing us that the petition processing had been changed from Jakarta embassy to Stockholm embassy and 2) a notification of Change in Case ID. The case number had been automatically updated in CEAC.  

Hope this helps with understanding the process. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
17 hours ago, swmfly said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hi there -- 

My husband and I just went through this process. I am the petitioner and I contacted the NVC to ask if we could transfer my husband's case from the Jakarta embassy to the Stockholm embassy, since we are now living in Copenhagen (which is served by the Stockholm embassy). 

In my first email to NVC, I did not include enough supporting information. I only explained the situation. This was the reply from NVC that we received (about 1 month later): 

"We are unable to reassign this case to a different U.S. Embassy/Consulate General without additional information.  [***Name of Beneficiary***] is eligible to process in one of the following countries:

[***Name of Beneficiary***]'s country of citizenship

[***Name of Beneficiary***]'s country of residence (the address and proof of residency must be submitted.)

[***Name of Beneficiary***]'s country of last residence if he or she is currently residing in the United States

The requested country either does not fall into one of the above categories or insufficient proof of eligibility has been furnished to enable processing in that country.

You may resubmit your request with proof of eligibility to the National Visa Center if you wish to process at the requested U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.  Possible proof includes the following: a copy of a government issued document such as birth certificate, valid passport, valid work visa, identity card or landed immigrant card. Please submit the sufficient proof using our Public Inquiry Form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

This petition is currently assigned to process at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in JAKARTA, INDONESIA. If you are unable to provide sufficient proof, as described above, and still wish to gain approval to process [***Name of Beneficiary***]'s immigrant visa at a different U.S. Embassy/Consulate General, you must direct your request to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where you wish the case to be processed.

U.S. Embassy/Consulate General Contact Information:

Please visit https://usembassy.gov to determine the contact information for the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where you wish to transfer this visa petition. The desired U.S. Embassy/or Consulate General website includes contact information for immigrant visa-related inquiries."' 

We then resubmitted our request with proof of eligibility, as outlined (we included proof of residency in Denmark and proof of address in Denmark).

We then received two messages after another month: 1) a reply from AskNVC informing us that the petition processing had been changed from Jakarta embassy to Stockholm embassy and 2) a notification of Change in Case ID. The case number had been automatically updated in CEAC.  

Hope this helps with understanding the process. 

Thanks for the info. I'll also have change our embassy too so that helps. I have a few questions for clarity. If you don't mind. 

1) Did you pay the fees associated w/your application before or after requesting the transfer?

2) Did you resend the proof through AskNVC from the website or another way?

3) What format were your attachments? (pdf, jpeg, etc.

5) At any point did you try calling NVC to change locations?

Thanks

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

5 minutes ago, Scott001 said:

Thanks for the info. I'll also have change our embassy too so that helps. I have a few questions for clarity. If you don't mind. 

1) Did you pay the fees associated w/your application before or after requesting the transfer?

Thanks

1) We paid both the AOS and IV fees after requesting the transfer (but we didn't upload/submit any documents). We did start completing the DS-260, simply to have it prepared. 

2) We resent the proof through AskNVC via the website, referencing that a previous query had been submitted, stating, "we trust we are providing sufficient proof to support our inquiry". We provided i) copy of my husband's [the beneficiary] residence permit in Denmark - front and back; ii) copies of pieces of mail in his name [we used mail addressed to him from the bank]; iii) copy of my residence permit in Denmark; iv) copy of piece of mail in my name [demonstrating that we are residing at the same address]; statement from my employer that I am residing at my address -- I included this simply as extra information because I already had it for other purposes. 

3) .pdf format

4) We didn't call NVC -- I realize we probably could have done that earlier on... but we are in a less urgent situation right now and, personally, communicating electronically is more convenient than being on hold with NVC from Europe. We did, however, contact he U.S. Embassy in Denmark -- who referred us to Stockholm. We explained our situation and the officials there told us to wait to hear from NVC

Cheers!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, swmfly said:

Cheers!

Thank you. I'm that will help others too. My wife is freaking out right now. I told her this would happen haha. 

I'll try calling NVC on 11/12 as well and post what they said. 

Edited by Scott001

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Scott001 said:

Thanks

Hello

1)-I havent paid anything yet coz we just received the case number 2 days ago.

2)I send them my resident identity here in Saudi Arabia in PDF.

3) I havent call them yet as others are saying nvc will response in 3-4weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.