laylalex

Female 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates Face a 'Gender Penalty' Online, Study Finds

30 posts in this topic

So much to be irritated by here:

A new analysis of Twitter and news coverage surrounding the Democratic primary candidates for the U.S. 2020 presidential elections shows that female candidates are attacked significantly more often than male candidates by trolls and fake news accounts.

The focus on identity and character was largely the norm for female candidates, whereas it was the exception for male candidates. 

The study also showed that female candidates received more attacks from right-wing and fake-news accounts, yet also received less traditional news media coverage compared to their male counterparts. During the time period reviewed in the study, Twitter conversations about female presidential candidates were more heavily skewed toward the political right as well toward less credible accounts.

https://time.com/5717376/female-democratic-candidates-2020-twitter-study/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, laylalex said:

So the Dems are sexist?  At least the mainstream media types based on what you posted.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

I think sexists and misogynists are found in every sliver of the political spectrum. No one party has a monopoly on them. I have met more than one very "woke" liberal man (and they tend to be men) who is a terrible sexist. My only "serious" boyfriend in high school was a member of our high school Democratic club, very anti-Bush back then, and he is probably the biggest misogynist I have ever personally met in my life (learned that too late). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I think sexists and misogynists are found in every sliver of the political spectrum. No one party has a monopoly on them. I have met more than one very "woke" liberal man (and they tend to be men) who is a terrible sexist. My only "serious" boyfriend in high school was a member of our high school Democratic club, very anti-Bush back then, and he is probably the biggest misogynist I have ever personally met in my life (learned that too late). 

I agree.  So do these woke men actually admit to their misogyny?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Just now, Bill & Katya said:

I agree.  So do these woke men actually admit to their misogyny?

I just shot tea out my nose! Of course not! :lol: Who likes being called out for being a douchebag? I mean, I'm very unlikely to straight up say to someone, oh, you're a misogynist (because I think that strays into cancel culture, and I don't do that, I think people deserve an opportunity to learn from mistakes), but I do point out when a man (and it's usually a man) is being sexist/misogynist/anti-feminist and explain why what they're saying is offensive. I think the "why" is important because otherwise you're just saying "no" and the person can't assess why the words were offensive. (Whether he does anything with it or not is another matter....) But again, it's not only woke bros, it's conservative men, and middle of the roaders (apologies to Nature Boy, I don't mean him in particular) and politically apathetic types. 

13 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I just shot tea out my nose! Of course not! :lol: Who likes being called out for being a douchebag? I mean, I'm very unlikely to straight up say to someone, oh, you're a misogynist (because I think that strays into cancel culture, and I don't do that, I think people deserve an opportunity to learn from mistakes), but I do point out when a man (and it's usually a man) is being sexist/misogynist/anti-feminist and explain why what they're saying is offensive. I think the "why" is important because otherwise you're just saying "no" and the person can't assess why the words were offensive. (Whether he does anything with it or not is another matter....) But again, it's not only woke bros, it's conservative men, and middle of the roaders (apologies to Nature Boy, I don't mean him in particular) and politically apathetic types. 

I am a chauvinist pig, I am ok with that. 

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I am a chauvinist pig, I am ok with that. 

Self-acceptance of personal failings is important for growth. :P 

27 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Self-acceptance of personal failings is important for growth. :P 

I dont want to grow. Plus i spoils my wimmens.  All wimmen really want a alpha male that protects and spoils them 

Its my off day. After my Dr appt I let her shop all afternoon 

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

7 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I dont want to grow.

You should check with your wife on that one. ;)

7 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

All wimmen really want a alpha male that protects and spoils them 

Alpha male? Eh, not so sure I buy into that whole alpha-beta thing. What I want -- and what I have -- is a strong, confident, caring man who listens to me, protects me, and accepts my protection, too, when he needs it. Now, that's not to say that he's all mooshy-gooshy as he is a frequent slapper of bottoms and will address me as "woman" (as in, "woman, stop reading that feminist tripe on Jezebel and get in bed"), but it is done (he assures me) strictly in an ironic, pseudo-alpha fashion. Or that's what he would have me believe! :lol: 

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

Alpha male? Eh, not so sure I buy into that whole alpha-beta thing. What I want -- and what I have -- is a strong, confident, caring man who listens to me, protects me, and accepts my protection, too, when he needs it. Now, that's not to say that he's all mooshy-gooshy as he is a frequent slapper of bottoms and will address me as "woman" (as in, "woman, stop reading that feminist tripe on Jezebel and get in bed"), but it is done (he assures me) strictly in an ironic, pseudo-alpha fashion. Or that's what he would have me believe! :lol: 

So you got a man that calls you woman, slaps your tail, and protects you.

Guess what lol 

28 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

So you got a man that calls you woman, slaps your tail, and protects you.

Guess what lol 

Well, I'll ask him later what he thinks. As he is the man, I will defer to his more knowledgeable opinion. :P 

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, laylalex said:

The biologist who formed the Alpha dog theory by observing a pack of wolves came back and said he's was wrong about the theory after more research.  So to the human myth us based on a theory that is not even true in the first place.

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I dont want to grow. Plus i spoils my wimmens.  All wimmen really want a alpha male that protects and spoils them 

Its my off day. After my Dr appt I let her shop all afternoon 

Some women would settle for a spellcheck and punctuation, good alpha males being so scarce now.

32 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Some women would settle for a spellcheck and punctuation, good alpha males being so scarce now.

Being well-educated is a purely subjective construct and shouldn’t require any formal schooling, so women requiring proper punctuation could be a rather rude trigger!

35 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Freya helps her who helps herself, after all. :D