hannahandrandyg

Filing I-130 online

22 posts in this topic

We were due to send our paperwork (I-130) on Monday but my husband has been so busy with work we were waiting until today, and now I see they have just announced you can file online! Has anyone done this yet? I'm slightly confused as to how I file my I-130a. Will I need to create my own account to file or log in on his account?

Super excited to start the process now, especially as its online too!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I-130a is a listed document to accompany the I-130 petition (for a spouse) ... all documents are filed WITH the I-130 ... meaning ONE acct

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I-130a is a listed document to accompany the I-130 petition (for a spouse) ... all documents are filed WITH the I-130 ... meaning ONE acct

That is what I thought. Have you used the new online system to file? It is only 2 days old and its hard to find information about it anywhere. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, hannahandrandyg said:

That is what I thought. Have you used the new online system to file? It is only 2 days old and its hard to find information about it anywhere. 

No.   Long past that moment in time

I would tend to believe USCIS will handle the process much the same as NVC as far as supporting documents .. you will upload all of those

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The online form has its quirks, like making you put an end date to your current marriage without indicating "'present date" … so I am going to stick to paper for now unless something magically changes soon before I file.

2 hours ago, Paco415 said:

The online form has its quirks, like making you put an end date to your current marriage without indicating "'present date" … so I am going to stick to paper for now unless something magically changes soon before I file.

We filed online on Friday night as planned, and I was actually really impressed and would highly recommend! For that question we left it blank as it has no end date. So much easier to have everything online and less worry about things getting lost etc!!

Edited by Hannahl4211

5 hours ago, Hannahl4211 said:

We filed online on Friday night as planned, and I was actually really impressed and would highly recommend! For that question we left it blank as it has no end date. So much easier to have everything online and less worry about things getting lost etc!!

Because things never get lost on the internets...  ;)

Do keep us updated though! I'd like to know if the process ends up faster or slower etc. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

30 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Because things never get lost on the internets...  ;)

Do keep us updated though! I'd like to know if the process ends up faster or slower etc. 

It’s considerably less likely to get lost on a secure US government website than it is in paper form. Guaranteed.

I think it’s a fantastic way to make the system more economically efficient, user and eco friendly.  I read it could be 3-5 months faster, but  we shall see. I highly doubt It will be slower. 

Where did you read this?

Also the USCIS seems to lose things all the time.  They scan in all the items we send but yet cant seem to find them later.  Im hopeful but not without skepticism. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

4 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Where did you read this?

Also the USCIS seems to lose things all the time.  They scan in all the items we send but yet cant seem to find them later.  Im hopeful but not without skepticism. 

I think I read it on a different forum thread. It’s probably complete hear-say, but I do think having things online should make it a lot quicker.

That’s exactly why I say the online form is more reliable than paper copy. 

7 hours ago, Hannahl4211 said:

Hannah, I went back to the online form and noticed that yes, it does now let me proceed with a blank marriage end date. However, I could not do that with a present address and present employment. Did you just enter the date of the application? This part definitely does not allow me to proceed without an end date for each. I even tried entering 00/00/0000.

Edited by Paco415

On 11/3/2019 at 4:14 PM, Hannahl4211 said:

Hello Hannah,

That's great to hear! Were you able to submit evidence of the marriage with it online? (e.g pictures of you together, social media posts, rent contracts with both names on etc.) And if so how did you do it?

Thank you!

Ollie

On 11/10/2019 at 8:52 AM, Ollie7 said:

Hello Hannah,

That's great to hear! Were you able to submit evidence of the marriage with it online? (e.g pictures of you together, social media posts, rent contracts with both names on etc.) And if so how did you do it?

Thank you!

Ollie

Hi Ollie,

Yes he submitted everything online (he is the US petitioner. I am the UK beneficiary). I created a document with pictures from every single day time we have visited over the past 3 years and then our wedding day in sept. That’s all I submitted (it was pretty long). He had to submit each page separately though as there is a file limit upload. We took pictures of all our other documents and uploaded them as a pdf photo.

good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.