Lnvall

Describe how we met - confused

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, EllaC said:

Should I include that we connected on Facebook and that we're both from the same hometown and went to the same school? It's kind of obvious that we're form the same town(questions on where we were born etc).

Kind of simple but that's the bottom line. Should I go into more detail than that?

You could, if you want to, just to be sure. It doesn't have to be a "Love Story". My fiancé and I simply stated that we met online and described how our relationship has progressed since. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

I see. But which in person meeting? The first? Because this is the logical from this question. we have no evidence of the first btw.

Questions 53 and 54: "Have you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the two years immediately before filing this petition?" "...describe the 

circumstances of your in-person meeting..."

It didn't say to describe the very first in-person meeting, just an in-person meeting in the past two years.

i know tinder is not, but many ppl mention they know each other from tinder.

We all know that Tinder isn't an IMB but you asked about it so I answered you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

You could, if you want to, just to be sure. It doesn't have to be a "Love Story". My fiancé and I simply stated that we met online and described how our relationship has progressed since. 

Yes i wrote the same. Dates, places where we were together. And i attach the receipts from there.

Just now, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

Questions 53 and 54: "Have you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the two years immediately before filing this petition?" "...describe the 

circumstances of your in-person meeting..."

It didn't say to describe the very first in-person meeting, just an in-person meeting in the past two years.

We all know that Tinder isn't an IMB but you asked about it so I answered you.

Just because we heard an rfe stories about it.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Just because we heard an rfe stories about it.

Some people do, some people don't. It's your choice if you want to include evidence to clarify the fact that Tinder is not an IMB.

6 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Only reason i wanna front load Is, we have a relatively short relationship, and im afraid they wont think its bona fide.

we met first in This june, and its not really exact but we are a couple about june 30, and we wanna file in november.

Do you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lnvall said:

Hi,

Im very confused about the “how we met” section now...

So i know they want ONE meeting with an evidence. But i saw many of you wrote a 1-2 pages story. And i wrote it too, but we didnt file yet.

I listed all of our meeting what i remember and with evidence like receipts, dated photos, hotel receipts etc... I put this all to a chronological story to make it understandable. So its about 2 pages all.

But if i write only 1-2 dates i feel like im not honest and i feel its so less, and its not “ongoing”, even if they want only one... We met on tinder for example, i dont wanna hide it. Then we met many times in person, and we have receipts, and photos from those days too.

So if i keep this 2 pages of our meetings, how should i attach to the case? 
Write one meeting in the i129f, and then mention “more details on the attached page”?

If theres anybody who wrote more than the added space, how you did?

The "how we met" is really simple.  I think you're overthinking it.  Just say how, when and where you actually met. It doesnt need to be 1 -2 pages long, but as long as it's a good detailed description of the meeting requirement, you're good.  Whne I write it for my fiance at the time, ours was nearly a complete page but not entirely.  As far as having receipts, photos, passport stamps, that will all be added in the other section of the application. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

And for this, better evidence would be visits which occurred subsequent to filing the petition. 

I agree but some people insist on including a "Love Story".

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

The "how we met" is really simple.  I think you're overthinking it.  Just say how, when and where you actually met. It doesnt need to be 1 -2 pages long, but as long as it's a good detailed description of the meeting requirement, you're good.  Whne I write it for my fiance at the time, ours was nearly a complete page but not entirely.  As far as having receipts, photos, passport stamps, that will all be added in the other section of the application. 

And technically how did you attach this page? You mentioned it in the cover letter?What did you write in the 54. Section? Because thats way smaller than a page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

And technically how did you attach this page? You mentioned it in the cover letter?What did you write in the 54. Section? Because thats way smaller than a page.

Question 54 you can say "see attachment I-129f Part 2 Question 54 Supplement" or something along those lines.  Here's a little example.  There's plenty more out there to go off of.  

https://www.visatutor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/I-129F54supplement.pdf

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Question 54 you can say "see attachment I-129f Part 2 Question 54 Supplement" or something along those lines.  Here's a little example.  There's plenty more out there to go off of.  

https://www.visatutor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/I-129F54supplement.pdf

Thank you!

And both of us should write this, or only the petitioner? Because i saw ppl who write their story both.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you!

And both of us should write this, or only the petitioner? Because i saw ppl who write their story both.

Circumstances of meeting only requires one set of statements from the petitionner.  If they wanted from both,  they would indicate that 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Circumstances of meeting only requires one set of statements from the petitionner.  If they wanted from both,  they would indicate that 

This was my comment on the previous page, I have highlighted what I was planning on typing in there: 

I am also looking for some guidance on this. We had 2 in-person meetings so far and we've connected on Facebook in March 2019. We went to the same school back in Romania where we're originally from. I was going to just briefly say: Me and my fiance met in person on May 17th in Hawaii. We were there for 2 weeks. We then vacationed together in Australia in August(August 12th-August 25th). He proposed on August 17th in Byron Bay, New South Wales and I said yes.

Should I include that we connected on Facebook and that we're both from the same hometown and went to the same school? It's kind of obvious that we're form the same town(questions on where we were born etc).

Kind of simple but that's the bottom line. Should I go into more detail than that?

We do plan on including 8-10 pictures just as back-up for our boarding passes and other reservations. I figured we will use pictures that kind of give the location away so it's easy for them to follow. Like: Like pictures at USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Memorial Day at the Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii. And so forth.

Do you think that is too short? 😄 I don't want to load the petition unnecessarily, but I also don't want to be too brief. Not sure whether I should include more details.

Edited by EllaC

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.