Jump to content
Lnvall

Describe how we met - confused

40 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Im very confused about the “how we met” section now...

 

So i know they want ONE meeting with an evidence. But i saw many of you wrote a 1-2 pages story. And i wrote it too, but we didnt file yet.

 

I listed all of our meeting what i remember and with evidence like receipts, dated photos, hotel receipts etc... I put this all to a chronological story to make it understandable. So its about 2 pages all.

 

But if i write only 1-2 dates i feel like im not honest and i feel its so less, and its not “ongoing”, even if they want only one... We met on tinder for example, i dont wanna hide it. Then we met many times in person, and we have receipts, and photos from those days too.

 

So if i keep this 2 pages of our meetings, how should i attach to the case? 
Write one meeting in the i129f, and then mention “more details on the attached page”?

 

If theres anybody who wrote more than the added space, how you did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Im very confused about the “how we met” section now...

 

So i know they want ONE meeting with an evidence. But i saw many of you wrote a 1-2 pages story. And i wrote it too, but we didnt file yet.

Part 2, Question 53 and 54 of the I-129F only asks if you and your fiancé(e) had an in-person meeting in the past two years. This is what is required. However, if you want to, you may include evidence of an on-going bona fide relationship.

 

13 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

So if i keep this 2 pages of our meetings, how should i attach to the case? 

Write one meeting in the i129f, and then mention “more details on the attached page”?

You can do it that way.

 

13 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

If theres anybody who wrote more than the added space, how you did?

My fiancé and I included a brief statement on how we met and how our relationship has progressed; it was less than a page long.

 

On our Cover Letter, we had a section for Evidence of On-Going Bona Fide Relationship aside from the section for Evidence of In-Person Meeting; we assembled our packet following the order of the documents listed on the cover letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lnvall said:

Hi,

 

Im very confused about the “how we met” section now...

 

So i know they want ONE meeting with an evidence. But i saw many of you wrote a 1-2 pages story. And i wrote it too, but we didnt file yet.

 

I listed all of our meeting what i remember and with evidence like receipts, dated photos, hotel receipts etc... I put this all to a chronological story to make it understandable. So its about 2 pages all.

 

But if i write only 1-2 dates i feel like im not honest and i feel its so less, and its not “ongoing”, even if they want only one... We met on tinder for example, i dont wanna hide it. Then we met many times in person, and we have receipts, and photos from those days too.

 

So if i keep this 2 pages of our meetings, how should i attach to the case? 
Write one meeting in the i129f, and then mention “more details on the attached page”?

 

If theres anybody who wrote more than the added space, how you did?

 

 

Your not being dishonest by only providing evidence of one meeting.   USCIS doesn't require ongoing relationship evidence because that is something they don't review.   


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I read some people met first on tinder too, and they sent the terms of service of tinder to prove its not IMBRA. So these people mentioned their very first online meeting too and i guess some more in person meeting. 
 

So what should i write in that tiny space?

 

like “we met first on tinder that date, and we started to dating and this date we booked This hotel, and that day we booked another one and on that day he engaged me”? 
 

And refer to this question on the cover letter and attach the love story with more detail? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lnvall said:

So what should i write in that tiny space?

Which space?

1 hour ago, Lnvall said:

And refer to this question on the cover letter and attach the love story with more detail? 

Which question?

 

For the "not an IMB", send Tinder's TOS and an explanation letter why Tinder is not an IMB.

 

Here's an example of the explanation letter: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lnvall said:

And refer to this question on the cover letter and attach the love story with more detail? 

No 'love story' is required for the petition.  One or two sentences with dates of the visit, and supporting documentation is all that is required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also looking for some guidance on this. We had 2 in-person meetings so far and we've connected on Facebook in March 2019. We went to the same school back in Romania where we're originally from. I was going to just briefly say: Me and my fiance met in person on May 17th in Hawaii. We were there for 2 weeks. We then vacationed together in Australia in August(August 12th-August 25th). He proposed on August 17th in Byron Bay, New South Wales and I said yes.

Should I include that we connected on Facebook and that we're both from the same hometown and went to the same school? It's kind of obvious that we're form the same town(questions on where we were born etc).

 

Kind of simple but that's the bottom line. Should I go into more detail than that?

 

We do plan on including 8-10 pictures just as back-up for our boarding passes and other reservations. I figured we will use pictures that kind of give the location away so it's easy for them to follow. Like: Like pictures at USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Memorial Day at the Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii. And so forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

Which space?

Which question?

 

For the "not an IMB", send Tinder's TOS and an explanation letter why Tinder is not an IMB.

 

Here's an example of the explanation letter: 

 

For the “describe how you met” questions space in the i129f form. But if i not mention tinder, only one or 2 personal meet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

No 'love story' is required for the petition.  One or two sentences with dates of the visit, and supporting documentation is all that is required.

Then why so many ppl refer to this love story letter? Or its important at the embassy stage? I mean we have more evidence than one meeting, we have receipts from many days, receipts with our bank card numbers on it and date and places name. I guess it wont hurt if i attach. But i thought if i put this all in an “essay” with description, will be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

For the “describe how you met” questions space in the i129f form. But if i not mention tinder, only one or 2 personal meet?

"If you answered "Yes" to Item Number 53., describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting in Item Number 54."

 

You are to describe your in-person meeting not how you met (online or otherwise).

 

Tinder's TOS and explanation letter is for Part 2, Question 55: "Did you meet your beneficiary through the services of an IMB?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Then why so many ppl refer to this love story letter? Or its important at the embassy stage? I mean we have more evidence than one meeting, we have receipts from many days, receipts with our bank card numbers on it and date and places name. I guess it wont hurt if i attach. But i thought if i put this all in an “essay” with description, will be good.

The "Love Story" falls into Evidence of On-Going Bona Fide Relationship, which is required at the Embassy stage (K-1 Visa) not at the USCIS stage (I-129F).

 

There are people who include it in their I-129F Petition packet, along with other Evidence of On-Going Bona Fide Relationship. They do so to front load their petition; this is for those who are from "high-fraud" countries (MENA) or for those applying and interviewing at a "difficult" U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Then why so many ppl refer to this love story letter? Or its important at the embassy stage? I mean we have more evidence than one meeting, we have receipts from many days, receipts with our bank card numbers on it and date and places name. I guess it wont hurt if i attach. But i thought if i put this all in an “essay” with description, will be good.

Because people look at YouTube etc for information on petitions.  For some high-fraud (i.e. Lagos) consulates, such 'front-loading' may be beneficial, but for the purposes of the petition, the requirements are clearly states in the USCIS instructions.  There is no love story essay requirement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

"If you answered "Yes" to Item Number 53., describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting in Item Number 54."

 

You are to describe your in-person meeting not how you met (online or otherwise).

 

Tinder's TOS and explanation letter is for Part 2, Question 55: "Did you meet your beneficiary through the services of an IMB?"

I see. But which in person meeting? The first? Because this is the logical from this question. we have no evidence of the first btw.
 

i know tinder is not, but many ppl mention they know each other from tinder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

The "Love Story" falls into Evidence of On-Going Bona Fide Relationship, which is required at the Embassy stage (K-1 Visa) not at the USCIS stage (I-129F).

And for this, better evidence would be visits which occurred subsequent to filing the petition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lnvall said:

I see. But which in person meeting? The first? Because this is the logical from this question. we have no evidence of the first btw.
 

i know tinder is not, but many ppl mention they know each other from tinder.

Read the requirement:  the petitioner and beneficiary must have met in the immediate two years preceding the filing of the petition.  There is no stipulation that it must be the first.  Whichever visit you have the best evidence for would be ideal (passport stamps and boarding passes). 

 

My husband (fiancé) and I went through a low-fraud consulate.  On our petition, we simply listed the dates of all of our visits, and submitted the supporting evidence.  Approved with no delays or RFEs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...