Jump to content

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

i got a update from nvc about my petition is ready for interview but i have not yet receive a welcome letter nor instructions on paying fees are send documents. i tried to set appointment but it says no appointments available. and i email them and they said wait for further instruction from embassy. what shall i do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, USS_Voyager said:

For K1 I don't think you do anything at the NVC. They will just forward the case to the Embassy.

yes they forward it to ghana and said its ready for interview. just wondering why is it taking so long for interview. i paid fee already for fiancee. just waiting on welcome letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tiara4450 said:

yes they forward it to ghana and said its ready for interview. just wondering why is it taking so long for interview. i paid fee already for fiancee. just waiting on welcome letter.

Could be backed up a bit from previous applications.  Just have to wait a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All African embassies are taking long to set up interviews for K1

and so far the only fee you have paid is application for the K1 

you will be required to pay a visa fee if approved

 

the welcome letter is only given if the visa is approved

what you wait for now are the instructions for the interview and needed documents

the medical exam

the police report

the I 134 and W2's from the USC

valid passport 

probably a birth certificate

2 passport photos 

copy of the ds 160

and any other documents the embassy wants to see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abamichelle said:

Hi, 

I just saw on another post that interview dates are now available! 

i just went on the site i were given and it says no appointments available

1 hour ago, abamichelle said:

Hi, 

I just saw on another post that interview dates are now available! 

can you tell me where to go to setup interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

All African embassies are taking long to set up interviews for K1

and so far the only fee you have paid is application for the K1 

you will be required to pay a visa fee if approved

 

the welcome letter is only given if the visa is approved

what you wait for now are the instructions for the interview and needed documents

the medical exam

the police report

the I 134 and W2's from the USC

valid passport 

probably a birth certificate

2 passport photos 

copy of the ds 160

and any other documents the embassy wants to see

well i have all those things and my fiancee has 3 sponsors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tiara4450 said:

i got a update from nvc about my petition is ready for interview but i have not yet receive a welcome letter nor instructions on paying fees are send documents. i tried to set appointment but it says no appointments available. and i email them and they said wait for further instruction from embassy. what shall i do.

With k1 if u case gets sent to the embassy u need to wait for packet 3 which is the instructions they talking abt to proceed

as u already paid fees, u will need to fill up the ds160 then book ur appointment 

packet 3 takes abt a month to come after the embassy receives ur case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tiara4450 said:

well i have all those things and my fiancee has 3 sponsors

I don't know if the current practice in Nigeria for  K-1 applicants  is the same as Ghana. Once your status on NVC website changes to "Ready for Interview" ; you can go ahead to buy/pay for your visa fee at a designated bank, feel the DS160 form and keep "hunting" for interview date which takes time in Nigeria and you will be lucky to get anything less than 2 months interview appointment. The packet 3 is just a general form of instructions of what you need to do/ obtain and bring for your interview .My packet 3 was sent via email and I was not even waiting for it like most k-1 applicants before I booked my appointment. My name was typed wrong on my NVC notice and I emailed the embassy to ensure I would have no problem during my interview and they replied that they were aware of the typo and I should not worry about it , then the packet 3 was attached along with the email 😎. And the first 3 things you are instructed to on the packet 3 is i. Fill your form DS160 ii. Pay for your visa fee iii. And Schedule your interview.

Hence, if I were you and to save time , use the packet 3 people here ( past Ghanaian k-1 applicants on visa journey)  must have gotten in the past for their own interview and follow the instructions unless each K-1  applicant gets  a unique Packet 3 which I strongly doubt.

cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...