Sal11

INTERVIEW AND EXPIRED GREENCARD

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey, 

my case is filed under f2a. 

I’m on NVC stage atm while my husband’s greencard about to expire. Could this affect my case in any way? Can I take his expired status to my interview? Also, my brother in law who’s going to be my joint sponsor has an expired greencard, can he still become a joint sponsor? I’m worried about my husband’s status. What should we do? Please help a girl!! 

Thank you. 

30 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

I’m on NVC stage atm while my husband’s greencard about to expire. Could this affect my case in any way?

No. The card expires doesn't mean he loses permanent residency. He just needs to apply for a new card. https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/renew-a-green-card

31 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

Can I take his expired status to my interview?

Yes, but I think he will need that to renew his green card, plus you don't need that for the interview. What you can do is make copy of the card now, then the husband can file the revewal for the green card. You can take the NOA1 of the I-90 green card renewal form to the interview if you want to. I don't think it'll do anything. 

33 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

my brother in law who’s going to be my joint sponsor has an expired greencard, can he still become a joint sponsor?

Yes

34 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

What should we do?

Samething your husband needs to do, renew his green card https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/renew-a-green-card

29 minutes ago, Sal11 said:

BUMP

BUMP

Just now, Sal11 said:

Bump

Ok, seriously, it's early in the morning. Please be patient. People are not up yet... 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

No. The card expires doesn't mean he loses permanent residency. He just needs to apply for a new card. https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/renew-a-green-card

Yes, but I think he will need that to renew his green card, plus you don't need that for the interview. What you can do is make copy of the card now, then the husband can file the revewal for the green card. You can take the NOA1 of the I-90 green card renewal form to the interview if you want to. I don't think it'll do anything. 

Yes

Samething your husband needs to do, renew his green card https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/renew-a-green-card

Ok, seriously, it's early in the morning. Please be patient. People are not up yet... 

Thanks so much bud! I know it’s early in the morning, but this processing is depressing lol. I’m so sorry! 

1 hour ago, Sal11 said:

Thanks so much bud! I know it’s early in the morning, but this processing is depressing lol. I’m so sorry! 

Yes but there are not people hovering over the keyboard at all hours of the night just waiting for your questions.

Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 7:43 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Yes but there are not people hovering over the keyboard at all hours of the night just waiting for your questions.

Well, it’s a worldwide forum. And I was really worried. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.