B&C2017

I-130 October 2019 Filers

865 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I recently had a date change on May 7. Prior change to that was February 23. I've never called USCIS, but been wanting to since reading here that date changes sometimes mean case being transferred. Any thoughts? Thanks 

Edited by Lena03

1 hour ago, Lena03 said:

Hello all!

I recently had a date change on May 7. Prior change to that was February 23. I've never called USCIS, but been wanting to since reading here that date changes sometimes mean case being transferred. Any thoughts? Thanks 

We had the same date change and prior to that the only date change was December, 26. You can contact EMMA and ask a live representative if it’s been transferred or not 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi All,

My PD is October 7th and my case is at Texas Service Center. I chatted with an agent and she told me I should have an answer by now and since my case is out of of the normal processing time, she would send an email to the Texas USCIS office and I should have an answer withing the next 30 days.

@B&C2017

I wanted to share this with you because I know we have the same PD and I thought that maybe you would like to try this.

I'll keep you all posted. I hope we have an answer soon.

Marriage: 08/28/2019

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019

I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/07/2019

I-130 NOA1 received: 10/14/2019 --> Assigned to Texas Service Center

I-130 approved: 5/15/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center

NVC Stage

Case Number received: 5/16/2020 —> via Email

Paid IV and AOS fee: 5/16/2020

Submitted IV application and civil documents: 5/28/2020

DQ: 6/1/2020 - email

Now waiting for our interview - CD Juarez Mexico

1 hour ago, danielba said:

Hi All,

My PD is October 7th and my case is at Texas Service Center. I chatted with an agent and she told me I should have an answer by now and since my case is out of of the normal processing time, she would send an email to the Texas USCIS office and I should have an answer withing the next 30 days.

@B&C2017

I wanted to share this with you because I know we have the same PD and I thought that maybe you would like to try this.

I'll keep you all posted. I hope we have an answer soon.

Hi Danielba

Thank you so much for sharing - we actually just submitted an outside normal processing time inquiry on Saturday - for this exact reason 😃

The mail we got says to expect an answer until May 31st, so I guess we‘ll see what happens.

Good luck to you guys! I sure hope we‘ll get our cases approved soon. It makes me sad to see so many approved after us (and I think we‘re a pretty straight forward case. Married over two years and two kids) 🤷🏼‍♀️

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, B&C2017 said:

Hi Danielba

Thank you so much for sharing - we actually just submitted an outside normal processing time inquiry on Saturday - for this exact reason 😃

The mail we got says to expect an answer until May 31st, so I guess we‘ll see what happens.

Good luck to you guys! I sure hope we‘ll get our cases approved soon. It makes me sad to see so many approved after us (and I think we‘re a pretty straight forward case. Married over two years and two kids) 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm pretty sure you will get your approval soon :) I know it's hard to wait but we have to stay positive.

Marriage: 08/28/2019

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019

I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/07/2019

I-130 NOA1 received: 10/14/2019 --> Assigned to Texas Service Center

I-130 approved: 5/15/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center

NVC Stage

Case Number received: 5/16/2020 —> via Email

Paid IV and AOS fee: 5/16/2020

Submitted IV application and civil documents: 5/28/2020

DQ: 6/1/2020 - email

Now waiting for our interview - CD Juarez Mexico

1 minute ago, danielba said:

I'm pretty sure you will get your approval soon :) I know it's hard to wait but we have to stay positive.

You‘re sweet! I really appreciate your positivity ☺️
I sure hope you‘re right! 🙏🏻 

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello Folks,

I hope all of you are in good health and also that you still have some nails left :)

I just got off a chat session with a live agent and she told me that my case is now being handled by TSC (Texas Service Center) which is 👌. She mentioned multiple times that: "case is still inside normal processing time". I asked her that considering my case had been transferred from to TSC from California, if I should now follow TSC timeline. Again she repeated that same line above and proceeded to incorrectly reference the notice date 20190ct15 as my Priority Date(PD) instead of the proper PD 2019Oct10, clearly indicated in the IOE. When I pointed that out, got same responce. She asked me multiple times to check again after May 15th and at that point I found it useless to continue using logical reasoning. She also mentioned that those dates are also updated the 15th of each month so I guess I am going to check again this Friday. My question to you folks is:
Have you asked what is the process in case your case is transferred to another Service Center? Logically sounds like the case should follow the Processing Times of the new Service Center, but with immigration there is not such thing as logic.

Again be safe, best of luck and thanks so much for sharing your experience. This site and their people are awesome!!!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
14 minutes ago, LatAmerican_Drimr said:

Hello Folks,

I hope all of you are in good health and also that you still have some nails left :)

I just got off a chat session with a live agent and she told me that my case is now being handled by TSC (Texas Service Center) which is 👌. She mentioned multiple times that: "case is still inside normal processing time". I asked her that considering my case had been transferred from to TSC from California, if I should now follow TSC timeline. Again she repeated that same line above and proceeded to incorrectly reference the notice date 20190ct15 as my Priority Date(PD) instead of the proper PD 2019Oct10, clearly indicated in the IOE. When I pointed that out, got same responce. She asked me multiple times to check again after May 15th and at that point I found it useless to continue using logical reasoning. She also mentioned that those dates are also updated the 15th of each month so I guess I am going to check again this Friday. My question to you folks is:
Have you asked what is the process in case your case is transferred to another Service Center? Logically sounds like the case should follow the Processing Times of the new Service Center, but with immigration there is not such thing as logic.

Again be safe, best of luck and thanks so much for sharing your experience. This site and their people are awesome!!!

Yes,  you should follow the Processing Times of Texax Service Center. I hope you get approved very soon.  Good luck!

19 minutes ago, LatAmerican_Drimr said:Have you asked what is the process in case your case is transferred to another Service Center? Logically sounds like the case should follow the Processing Times of the new Service Center, but with immigration there is not such thing as logic.

I agree with @kendelle. According to the USCIS website, one follows the new office in case of a transfer. 

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Timeline
22 minutes ago, kendelle said:

Yes,  you should follow the Processing Times of Texax Service Center. I hope you get approved very soon.  Good luck!

Hi Kendelle,

Thanks so much for the superquick response, finger crossed. even though this is one more step in the process, it is important to know process is flowing.

Which you and the rest of the folks the very best!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, B&C2017 said:

I agree with @kendelle. According to the USCIS website, one follows the new office in case of a transfer. 

Hello B&C2017,

Thanks for the quick feedback, honored to get all your valuable/experienced help, especially for free :)

Do you know where precisely USCIS states such process when cases are transferred?

Thanks again. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
9 minutes ago, LatAmerican_Drimr said:

Hi Kendelle,

Thanks so much for the superquick response, finger crossed. even though this is one more step in the process, it is important to know process is flowing.

Which you and the rest of the folks the very best!

You are welcome. Stay positive!

6 minutes ago, LatAmerican_Drimr said:

Hello B&C2017,

Thanks for the quick feedback, honored to get all your valuable/experienced help, especially for free :)

Do you know where precisely USCIS states such process when cases are transferred?

Thanks again. 

You‘re very welcome ☺️

You can find it here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-updates/workload-transfer-updates 

Second paragraph of the section „How to track the status of your case“ it says: „If you do not receive a decision on your case within the published processing time for the new service center, you may submit an inquiry online or call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283.

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

59 minutes ago, LatAmerican_Drimr said:

Hello Folks,

I also have the same pd date as urs!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.