steveblue

Pakistan Timelines Always Missing

8 posts in this topic

Timeline

I have a pet peeve in that visa applicants/beneficiaries on this site from Pakistan almost NEVER post a timeline. Which means their cases are largely unhelpful for anyone in a similar situation or with a comparable visa. The site is meant to help, explain, and encourage other applicants but when critical information is missing on like applications, there is no way to gauge whether one's own case is reasonably on track or not. I would hope my brothers and sisters from South Asia and Pakistan would reconsider the sharing of information which could be of benefit to us all. 

Edited by steveblue
small edit

Agreed, and it's not just Pakistani beneficiaries. Although I imagine the reason is after waiting for so long (sometimes a year or longer of AP after the interview), updating VJ is not on their minds.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, steveblue said:

I have a pet peeve in that visa applicants/beneficiaries on this site from Pakistan almost NEVER post a timeline. Which means their cases are largely unhelpful for anyone in a similar situation or with a comparable visa. The site is meant to help, explain, and encourage other applicants but when critical information is missing on like applications, there is no way to gauge whether one's own case is reasonably on track or not. I would hope my brothers and sisters from South Asia and Pakistan would reconsider the sharing of information which could be of benefit to us all. 

Good point, visible timelines really do help. I just created mine as well. Hopefully went from being part of the problem to making things a little better. Thanks for this, I needed the nudge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, steveblue said:

Yes my pet peeve too!   They also have a habit of asking for lots of advice but giving very little details of their own situation which would also be helpful.    

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Could not agree more! It makes it that much harder to compare when you have to go through posts after posts to find something similar. Can't wait to update my timeline further 

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2019 at 8:25 PM, steveblue said:

I agree. When I see that information missing I kindly advise the person to complete their profile and add a time line. With having said that it also helps if you include the visa that you are chasing. In your case that information is missing. Here are my instructions to others that will be helpful to you.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.