Nature Boy 2.0

Hillary Clinton muses about 2020 'rematch' against Trump: 'I can beat him again'

58 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I agree.  The same logic could be used by the Left and in fact has regarding the Senate, why should every state get two.  It really shows the mob mentality of the Left where they want to the majority to rule.  I think back before the civil rights, the South had a somewhat mob/majority rule mentality as well.

There is a big reason to have 2 Senators from each state and having the house with Congressman in a proportional by population. It makes it where the most populated states can't roll over the less populated states and enforce their will. Both chambers can by a consensus pass bills.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, luckytxn said:

There is a big reason to have 2 Senators from each state and having the house with Congressman in a proportional by population. It makes it where the most populated states can't roll over the less populated states and enforce their will. Both chambers can by a consensus pass bills.

The Left though does not believe in logic.  This is why I always say the 17th Amendment is my least favorite.  The Senators should still be appointed by the state legislatures eliminating their re-election kowtowing every 6 years for votes. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

The Left though does not believe in logic.  This is why I always say the 17th Amendment is my least favorite.  The Senators should still be appointed by the state legislatures eliminating their re-election kowtowing every 6 years for votes. 

I like voting against my RINO Senator Cronyn though. It may not make a difference but voting against me at the least gives a fleeting pleasure.

21 hours ago, missileman said:

It would not be easy.  It will not happen in the foreseeable future.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/22/705627996/abolishing-the-electoral-college-would-be-more-complicated-than-it-may-seem

"Fully overhauling the way the president is selected would take a Constitutional amendment, which would require the votes of two-thirds of the U.S. House of Representatives, two-thirds of the Senate, and three-fourths of the states."

The national popular vote compact keeps getting closer. If it goes into effect, it makes the electoral college moot in those states that have voted to join.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

The national popular vote compact keeps getting closer. If it goes into effect, it makes the electoral college moot in those states that have voted to join.

Mob rule.  So sad.

3 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Mob rule.  So sad.

Perhaps, but states do have the absolute right to determine how their votes will be cast. It’s not a bad thing to make candidates pay attention to areas besides “swing states”. 

This has been around for years though. May not ever get to 270, but it shows there is support for something different than the current system.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Perhaps, but states do have the absolute right to determine how their votes will be cast. It’s not a bad thing to make candidates pay attention to areas besides “swing states”. 

This has been around for years though. May not ever get to 270, but it shows there is support for something different than the current system.

You are correct, states can decide how their electoral votes are allocated.  With the states that have already passed this measure, I am surprised they didn't simply pass a law to give their electoral votes to whoever the Democrat candidate is, I am assuming that would also be legal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

After 2016 something needs to be done to avoid a repetition.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

In the United States of America, an interstate compact is an agreement between two or more states. Article I, Section 10 of the United States Constitution provides that "No State shall, without the Consent of Congress... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State." Consent can be obtained in one of three ways. First, there can be a model compact and Congress can grant automatic approval for any state wishing to join it, such as the Driver License Compact. Second, states can submit a compact to Congress prior to entering into the compact. Third, states can agree to a compact then submit it to Congress for approval, which, if it does so, causes it to come into effect. Not all compacts between states require explicit Congressional approval – the Supreme Court ruled in Virginia v. Tennessee that only those agreements which would increase the power of states at the expense of the federal government required it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_compact

The Electoral college is not moot. It is more complicated than that as changing the constitutional is always complicated.

Edited by luckytxn

12 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

In the United States of America, an interstate compact is an agreement between two or more states. Article I, Section 10 of the United States Constitution provides that "No State shall, without the Consent of Congress... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State." Consent can be obtained in one of three ways. First, there can be a model compact and Congress can grant automatic approval for any state wishing to join it, such as the Driver License Compact. Second, states can submit a compact to Congress prior to entering into the compact. Third, states can agree to a compact then submit it to Congress for approval, which, if it does so, causes it to come into effect. Not all compacts between states require explicit Congressional approval – the Supreme Court ruled in Virginia v. Tennessee that only those agreements which would increase the power of states at the expense of the federal government required it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_compact

The Electoral college is not moot. It is more complicated than that as changing the constitutional is always complicated.

There has been debate about that. Basically they call it a compact, but legally it doesn't meet the definition of an interstate compact. It is technically an agreement between states, which the federal government can not object to. If that is the case, it would not need approval at the federal level. I'm sure there will be more on that if it ever comes to pass.

3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

You are correct, states can decide how their electoral votes are allocated.  With the states that have already passed this measure, I am surprised they didn't simply pass a law to give their electoral votes to whoever the Democrat candidate is, I am assuming that would also be legal.

Well, you know what they say about assuming.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

There has been debate about that. Basically they call it a compact, but legally it doesn't meet the definition of an interstate compact. It is technically an agreement between states, which the federal government can not object to. If that is the case, it would not need approval at the federal level. I'm sure there will be more on that if it ever comes to pass.

I am pretty sure when the electoral meets that a compact will be meaningless. They will elect a POTUS and I am sure the states will participate in it.

37 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Well, you know what they say about assuming.

Why dont you tell us. I got an itchy report finger 😂I kind of miss the wild  west days of vj, with heated debates and mods swooping in like velociraptos to cull the tos weak.

5 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Even the organizers were scary back then.

It use to be a lot of fun when they would drop an upper forum thread in here with about 6 chest virgins. Always good for 3 or 4 suspensions